Personal Stories Feb 25-28
Speaking of Stories presents Personal Stories 2018
An eclectic collection of original true stories performed by their authors. Performers range from accomplished professional actors to people appearing in front of an audience for the first time and as authors they include published, well established writers and others who are just beginning. Stories of love, sex, family, childhood misadventures and more. Your friends and neighbors have some wonderful stories to tell, don’t miss being with us to hear them! Join us on the patio after each show to toast the actors with cookies and milk – the perfect way to celebrate any great story.
There will be 2 bills of stories, each program will be performed twice.
(all stories and readers subject to change.)
- Joel Altschul reading The Best Defense is a Good Offense
- Susan Chiavelli reading (Gravity, No Engines)
- Susan Cochran reading I Have a Granddaughter
- Lisa Gates reading My Dark and Snowy Night
- Cami Helmuth reading Cloud Watching
- Michelle Howard reading The Year I Failed Women's Studies
- Tania Israel reading I Come From
- Noah Lashly reading I Know How To Pick 'Em
- Marcia Orland reading Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Angie Swanson-Kyriaco reading Denial, Depression and Dysfunction: The 90's Edition
- Megan Burwell reading Dear Megan Burwell
- Anna Jordan reading I'm Gonna Need Backup
- Rudi Lion reading Anew
- Kathy Marden reading Coming Home
- Robert McNeal reading Wooing
- Lesley Miller reading The Most Unexpected Year
- Tony Miratti reading The Playhouse
- Pauline Nelson reading Thereby Hangs A Tail
- Jan K. Ruskin reading My Sexual Revolution
- Cynthia Waring reading Smoky
BILL A: Sunday, February 25 at 2:00 P.M.
TIMES: Tuesday, February 27 at 7:30 P.M.
BILL B: Monday, February 26 at 7:30 P.M.
TIMES: Wednesday, February 28 at 7:30 P.M.
TICKETS: $28 general, $18 students and military, $18 Early Bird Special (Sunday Matinee only, must be purchased by Friday, February 23)
Other than A Level season subscribers, all seating is general admission. All ticket sales are final at the time of purchase. There are no refunds or exchanges. For all performances late seating is on a limited basis, or is not allowed at all once the performance begins. Please plan your arrival time accordingly.
BOX OFFICE (805) 963-0408 (V/TDD)
Center Stage Theater
751 Paseo Nuevo
Santa Barbara, CA 93109