Partnership for Excellence: Community Connections – Exploring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Nonprofits
Diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI). The nonprofit sector often uses these terms as we strive to transform our organizations to be more representative of the communities we serve. And yet many staff members, leaders, and board members are uncertain about the steps to move our intentions into action and change. Making progress toward an inclusive environment requires time, resources, courage, and a deep commitment to, transparency, and honesty.
As respected leaders in our region, nonprofits are at the forefront of movements and strategies more than ever before. We have been called to make clear commitments and support one another to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces and in our communities. Embracing DEI work can help organizations be more effective in understanding our constituents and better fulfilling our missions.
We invite you to this Partnership for Excellence community conversation — a learning space — to explore questions through listening and dialogue with others:
* Where is your organization now in considering DEI commitment/actions? What’s next for your organization?
* Which types of focus, strategies, or learning are you engaging in?
* How might it look if we collaborate and support one another toward a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable nonprofit sector?
* What information, tools, and resources might help us move forward together?
A small circle of nonprofit and foundation peers will share a fishbowl conversation, introducing ideas, and sharing stories to activate further exploration and reflections among participants in community conversations following the opening program. Join us for understanding, insights, and your own organization’s next steps on the spectrum of realizing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Claudia Armann, McCune Foundation
Jordan Killebrew, Santa Barbara Foundation and Healing Justice Santa Barbara
Judy Guillermo-Newton, Nonprofit Consultant
Katya Armistead, UCSB
Anne Peterson, Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation
- 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Virtual Space Open for Networking/Connections
- 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Networking & Orientation
- 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM Panel Discussions
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Social Lunch Hour
REGISTER NOW AT: nprnsb.org/pfe