Breast Cancer Care is the Focus of CMHS Symposium on Nov. 4
Saturday, November 4, 2017 - 08:00
Breast cancer will be the focus of a free symposium Community Memorial Health System is holding on Saturday, Nov. 4, at the Soule Park Clubhouse in Ojai.
In the United States, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second leading cause of cancer deaths in women. An estimated 252,710 women will be diagnosed this year and over 40,500 will die. This symposium provides the latest information on detection, diagnosis, treatment options and support for patients, their caregivers and families.
The Nov. 4 “Breast Cancer Symposium: Complete Cancer Care Close to Home” will run from 8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., with registration and a continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m. The Soule Park Clubhouse is located at 1033 E. Ojai Ave. Opening remarks by moderator Thomas Fogel, M.D., will be followed by local physicians and specialists addressing the following topics:
· Breast cancer screening and survivorship care: Maria Halvorson, D.O.
· Patient navigation services and resources for the Breast Center: Debra Lawry, RN/OCN, and Lyndsay Heitmann, LCSW
· Personalized treatment of breast cancer: Lynn Kong, M.D.
· Breast cancer surgery: Constanze Rayhrer, M.D.
· Advances in radiation therapy for breast cancer: Thomas Fogel, M.D.
· The pathologist’s role in diagnostic and prognostic tests: Meeae Kwon, M.D.
The symposium is co-sponsored by the Breast Center and the Cancer Resource Center, both at
Community Memorial Hospital; Coastal Radiation Oncology Medical Group; HELP of Ojai; The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy; OjaiCARES; KVTA radio; the Accountable Care Alliance of Ventura; and VenturaCare Partners Apc.
Registration is free but reservations are required. Visit cmhshealth.org/rsvp or call Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800/838-3006.
Community Memorial Health System is a not-for-profit health system, which is comprised of Community Memorial Hospital, Ojai Valley Community Hospital, along with the Centers for Family Health serving various communities within and located in Ventura County, California.