AHA! After-School Program Begins October 5th!
AHA!, a non-profit that has served over 20,000 youth and families since 1999, has a few remaining spaces in its award-winning, by-donation After-School program! High school students aged 14-19 can receive community service hours for participating in a variety of offerings, including:
- Monday Guys' Group, a safe space for male-identifying teens to connect from an authentic and vulnerable place and explore issues meaningful for their identities and relationships
- Tuesday Ally Group, inspiring and guiding youth through group discussions, interactive activities, and healthy connection, with focus on developing social-emotional intelligence
- Wednesday Creative Group, a place to practice self-awareness and creative expression through different art mediums
- Wednesday #TBH, dedicated to supporting youth in developing digital responsibility
- Peace Builders 2.0, which explores deep listening, emotions and empathy and builds skills for peer counseling, peer mediation, and talking circle leadership
- Music Group, which tackles important social-emotional themes through the medium of music - and which includes lots of sharing, appreciation, and music-making, even for those who have never played an instrument or sung
AHA! also offers a Girls' Group, which is currently full.
To register your teen, go to http://ahasb.org/online-registration. There, you'll find details about times and locations of groups. All teens and parents are required to attend an orientation on Saturday, October 5th, from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, at the Unitarian Society's Jefferson Hall, 1525 Santa Barbara St.
Questions? Please contact Ana at (805)770-7200x3 or [email protected]