Assault Near Downtown Church

Code 242pc: Assault with a deadly weapon. A victim was jumped by several subjects, the victim is now inside Our Lady of Sorrows Church on E. Sola Street.

Bubblebee Feb 14, 2020 04:49 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Westmont College deserves the credit for this one. Westmont’s Thursday night feeding fests have turned Alameda Park into homeless heaven. Homeless druggies come from all area for free food. And why not, if you don’t have to pay for food, you have more money for drugs.
And given the number of homeless that are registered sex offenders, is it really a good idea to attract the homeless to Kid’s World.
Westmont, here’s a suggestion: Bus the homeless to your campus and feed them there. You have the room and you could even house them in tents on some of the spare land on your campus.
I am sorry the funeral was so disrupted by these druggies that Westmont attracts. There is a lot truth in the saying: The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Westmont College stop being the enabler.

bosco Feb 19, 2020 03:44 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

So glad to comment here. ONINA. No one is comparing themselves to you. No one thinks they're "better than you". I've heard this over and over again. The fact is that your "chosen" lifestyle negatively impacts our community. Have you ever thought of that? The trash, the human waste, the abandoned cars, the destroyed bushes and trees, and worst of all the verbal and physical harassment of people and businesses. You describe yourself as "happy" living on the street. That's great, but who do you think supports your happiness? Who do you think pays for you and your husband's medical bills? We do. Who do you think pays for the food, handouts, the services, the electricity for your cell phone, the police services, the sidewalk cleaning, the library, etc.? We do. I don't do it to be gracious and to help someone "down on their luck". I do it to get you and others off the street. I do it so my kids and family don't get harassed by drug addicts and alcoholics. I'm sure there are many homeless people with tragic stories that are deep down good people. It's NOT OK to live on the street.

a-1582152269 Feb 19, 2020 02:44 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

In other words, vagrants are intentionally stealing electricity from rate payers to charge their free electronic equipment? What a racket. Thanks for sharing this.

midair Feb 19, 2020 02:36 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

The mystery would be why would you spend your time posting on edhat when instead you could be working (or at least looking for a job). If you can't afford to live here then move to someplace where you can. No one is forcing you to stay. Begging on the street is not a job. Getting drunk under the overpass is not a good cause. Hanging around in the library using free wi-fi and computers paid for by working taxpayers is not a "happy" life.

a-1582149539 Feb 19, 2020 01:58 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

If you have marketable skills, stop being a vagrant, get off your lazy tail,, get a job and stop demanding we give you free stuff. Game's over. Gov. Gavin Newsom gave a very interesting speech today, outlining changes in the way Calif will now legally be dealing with vagrants. Pay attention.

Roger Feb 19, 2020 12:42 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Your going to pray for us after crashing a funeral? Skip me I'm getting cursed enough...

Roger Feb 19, 2020 12:39 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Many homeless people have smart phones they use the power from traffic lights and other places to recharge their phones..

onina Feb 19, 2020 10:35 AM
Assault Near Downtown Church

So tell me what does being homeless have to do with being able to post on edhat be homeless doesn't mean I don't
have money it just means I can't afford the rent duh u people who want to think ur better then then others it's truly sad that u guy think like this i have my own cell phone thank u I do have money thank u sorry I'm not making enough to get my own place I guess u got me there u know what but if having a home means I'll be like u then I'm good u know I'll pray for all u who want to look down on us and think just. Cause u live in a home and live pay check to pay check stressed out of the game to live and ur not even happy I'll pass cause u c I don't need a home to be happy as long as I got my family and friends I'm good cause that's what makes me happy not material things God bless and have a great day to all even those who hate on us Im not mad at u I'll just keep uguys in my prayers

Roger Feb 18, 2020 08:37 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Probably the same numskulls that had that fight near the Fellowship club 2 weeks ago now there are premise checks there all the time...

Roger Feb 18, 2020 08:12 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Come to think of it Westmont has enough room for all of the county's homeless to camp at...

a-1582083542 Feb 18, 2020 07:39 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

A "library" - a place supported by local property owners, who send in their mandatory assessed property tax dollars, twice a year, which funds this free library. Property owners may want to rethink supporting free libraries, since they no longer serve their own needs and are exploited by those who choose not to support them financially..

Roger Feb 18, 2020 07:22 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

I don't believe it either a good friend of mine was there she don't lie..

a-1582080109 Feb 18, 2020 06:41 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Panhandling in this town has long been known to support many a bad habit. Bleeding hearts appear to bleed out benjamins for bums. Easy day's pay to fund a year's account, while accessing it on free library computers. In fact, these folks could give classes to those who complain they can't afford to live in Santa Barbara. Just eliminate the taxes and the mortgage or rent payments, and the rest is easy peasy: free food, free medical, free legal, free just about everything else. Free pass. Even a free get out of jail pass. Any explanation why it works this way?

Alexblue Feb 18, 2020 06:35 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

There's a place called a "library". They have things called "computers". You use them to go on the "internet".

And then...you can be homeless and post on Edhat! Mystery explained, you're welcome!

Byzantium Feb 18, 2020 06:23 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Tell me why this vagrancy population demands to live in Santa Barbara on someone else's dime, and I will be open to listening to their tales of woe.

onina Feb 18, 2020 06:06 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

As for the student of westmont college let me say this you are doing a great job it's sad how all these people are trying to make this look like it's homeless that are always causing trouble well to all whos reading this sometimes were the victims and to let everyone who reads this not all homeless are bad people there are some good people living on these streets who's had hardships who are having trouble recovering from there misfortune so please before u judge get to know or help someone on these streets before u cast judgement on them we don't judge u guys so please before u look down at us atleast try to get to know just one a see what put them on these streets and you'll see how nice that just might be . And if don't want to take time out to get to know us then u really have no right to say these things about all of us

onina Feb 18, 2020 05:27 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Ok well here's the truth . While walking to catch the bus on Feb 13th Thur night @7:30pm. My husband and I and a friend were walking in front of lady of sorrow church we heard a guy say"respect the church". We looked at each other confused by the statement made. When I tried to explain to the guy that we were talking to each other and were not saying anything about the church or the event at the church. The guy was obviously looking for trouble cause as the guy started to walk towards us on the sidewalk . Before I could say anything he punched me in the face. That's when my husband came to me and the guy swung at him and they started to fight . Before I knew it they were more guys involved . All my husband was doing was defending me "his wife " just like any husband would if they saw there wife getting hit by a male . Now who ever said we were drunk let me say we don't drink or use drugs. Just cause we're homeless that doesn't mean were childmolesters or druggies I wish people would stop stereotype all homeless this isn't true about the homeless . Tell me what kinda guy hits a woman ? Let it be said this guy was having a bad day and we were the victim of his anger and all the rest of the guys they just saw a family member fighting and instead of finding out the truth of the matter. They decided to jump in and kick my husband in the face till he lost consciousnessand he then had two seizures due to all this and that's when I started yelling call 911 cause my husband wasn't conscious at this time and needed medical attention.to who ever thinks this kinda thing is ok well I don't know what to say about u . I will say I hope all involved in this attack u should be ashamed of themselves . My husband just got out of the hospital five days prior to this attack he was and still is recovering from a stroke and lung surgery from pneumonia. I thank God that there was no damages from him getting kicked in the head so many times . I have a nice bruise on my right cheek I still have headaches here and there due to the attack . Now to those who wrote these post stop spreading lies . If your going to post something post the truth please and only God will judge those who cast judgement on others . It's not anyone's place to judge anyone . No one's better then the next . Thank u hope this doesn't happen to anyone else

a-1581800730 Feb 15, 2020 01:05 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

After creating this free food mess, the Westmont kids scamper back to their bucolic retreat, smugly virtuous leaving us with the mess. Get the message, Westmont. Ferry them to your own campus and keep them there - plenty of open spaces on your sprawling campus where they can set up camp and you can keep feeding them there. Your misguided social justice agenda at our expense is not welcome.

Lucky 777 Feb 14, 2020 03:42 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

The parks adjacent that church are filled with flocks of vagrants all day, murders of crows, so no surprise they confronted innocents within their reach. I am always hyper aware as I get to that intersection, lest some stumble-bum leak off into the crosswalk and I get a ticket for driving through with a pedestrian present.

a-1582093675 Feb 18, 2020 10:27 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

LUCKY 777 Please leave the Crows out of it, thank you. Keep an eye out for pedestrians, too. Thanks again. Not everyone who uses those crosswalks is an "unsheltered" panhandler bum.

Ando43 Feb 14, 2020 02:50 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

Happy to help Roger. When my wife was turned around on foothill the other day she called me and I checked edhat. Sure enough I was able to tell her it was a pool guys truck that over-turned. This is the first place we come if we want info on something important that just happened and we really appreciate all your hard work. Have a great weekend!!

Ando43 Feb 14, 2020 11:40 AM
Assault Near Downtown Church

A friend was there for the service and had this to say.

It was a funeral for a mother who just passed away. While the dad and one of his sons were greeting people at the door a man "who was drunk or high on something" and what appeared to be a homeless women walked by and said some VERY disrespectful, hurtful things to the father and son. The son and father tried to explain it was a funeral and try to please be respectful but the drunk man and homeless lady got way worse. The son confronted them and a fight broke out with the man while the homeless lady ran around screaming. Both the son and the drunk guy were injured but the drunk guy way worse. The service started and everyone went inside. The police showed up and two cars had they're spotlight shinning on the church through out the service. The father had to leave early to go speck to police and explain what happened missing a large part of his wife's service. The drunk guy whet to the hospital and the homeless lady went with him. No one was arrested.

I guess the moral of this is to call police when angry crazy people talk smack instead of confronting them and if you're the angry crazy person don't talk sht to people at a funeral as you are most likely going to end up in the hospital.

Happy Valentines Day!!

Roger Feb 15, 2020 12:57 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

A friend of mine was also at that service confirming to me the drunk guy and gal were both homeless Mister Big Mouth cracked the Son over the head with a bottle or some other type of weapon and a huge bump appeared on the Sons face at his Mothers funeral. I think it was some time after that the drunk guy tripped and fell 145 times or so on the ground...Weird how that happens..Cottage Hospital serves better food than Westmont Collage.

a-1581713503 Feb 14, 2020 12:51 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

We need more cops downtown and more enforcement of the laws. I feel so bad for this family.

Roger Feb 14, 2020 12:16 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

I'm very sorry that happened that really angers me I woulda stomped the crap out of the drunk guy if I was there horrible drunks. Thank You for the information

Roger Feb 13, 2020 07:50 PM
Assault Near Downtown Church

AMR returning code 2 to Our Lady of Sorrows for an assault victim unknown if it is the same victim or another...

a-1581699730 Feb 14, 2020 09:02 AM
Assault Near Downtown Church

At a funeral ! Homeless people in Santa Bárbara can be so disrespectful!

a-1581656992 Feb 13, 2020 09:09 PM

ADW- Assault with deadly weapon-245pc -Penal Code section
(Fun learning this new"foreign language - quick code when time is of the essence, thanks Roger)