Gun shots at Ortega Park?

By an edhat reader

Does anyone hear gunshots at Ortega Park early this morning?

lokelyokel Jan 26, 2020 09:19 PM
Gun shots at Ortega Park?

We've done Jiujitsu at the gym nearby. Have done soccer and baseball in the park itself. No joke, our outfielders had to jump over sleeping vagrants. It's sketchy for sure, but everyone I've interacted with there has been mostly pleasant, even the day drinkers at the benches.

a-1582094863 Jan 26, 2020 08:43 PM
Gun shots at Ortega Park?

I go to Ortega Park just about every day of the week. I'm there at a wide variety of times, including past the ridiculous New curfew. I'm a 61 year old white woman, accompanied by a Boston Terrier mix. I've Never had a problem there. I've never been frightened. Indeed, I often feel happy and part of a vibrant community there. Soccer practice, games, workout groups, basket, baseball, tons of families. Yeah, there are some vagrants. Big deal, there are vagrants on State St. I get really tired of hearing how dangerous this park is.

mp805 Jan 26, 2020 09:20 PM
Gun shots at Ortega Park?

correct me if Im wrong but isn't this the correct time to use the phrase " Ok Boomer"?

420722 Jan 26, 2020 09:04 PM
Gun shots at Ortega Park?

Some kids were stabbed there last week by adult males. In October a juvenile stabbed an adult male. In August a homeless man stabbed his female companion. As a life long local and resident of that area I can assure you this park is the dumps.

mattyboy Jan 26, 2020 08:55 PM
Gun shots at Ortega Park?

You must have not been there for the recent stabbings, hammer assaults, etc...

ChillinGrillin Jan 26, 2020 04:30 PM
Gun shots at Ortega Park?

Ironically when gangs are fighting that can be a good sign. When the Mexican Mafia and a high volume of drugs are in the mix there is barely any fighting because it's bad for business. If police start to bust the gangs or their organization breaks down, they have power struggles that spill out onto the streets.

420722 Jan 26, 2020 04:12 PM
Gun shots at Ortega Park?

Ortega park is a mini scale Santa Maria. They have tried to improve the area, but to no avail.