Assault on MTD Bus

Reports of a female yelling and assaulting a Bus Driver on an MTD Bus near Mission and Chino Streets.

cherplan Jan 24, 2020 04:05 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

Very sorry that this incident happened. Without details it is hard to know what happened, but I wanted to agree with the person who said that MTD needs to run more buses and I believe it is time to eliminate the large buses and run much smaller buses over a wider range of routes.

Luvaduck Jan 24, 2020 08:06 AM
Assault on MTD Bus

Don't know whether this is an anger-control or whatever is PC for nutcase issue, but this person needs help. It isn't a rational thing to do.

hz Jan 23, 2020 06:19 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

I recall many years ago, a driver had a bucket of sewage thrown on her..happened in IV I thiunk. She was really mean to people..though that does not excuse that kind of assault...there have been a few who go out of their way to look for trouble and canescalate situations. The majority are OK..

hz Jan 23, 2020 06:17 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

good thing is, tyhe buses all have video cameras on them...

Ahchooo Jan 23, 2020 06:11 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

Ninety-nine percent of the MTD drivers are kind and helpful. Or maybe all of them are, but occasionally one has a bad day. It’s a hard job, dealing with the public and driving amongst crazy drivers all day. I wish our bus system had more routes and more frequency, but what they have is good. So sorry to hear of a driver being attacked.

winter Jan 23, 2020 05:01 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

That is sad...a few years ago, broke my wrist. Took the bus for a few months. The drivers were always kind...helped everyone....usually, the same people on the route....but saw scary mental types as well.

Roger Jan 23, 2020 05:12 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

The drivers are always nice to me too even though I'm a crippled old fart.

Roger Jan 23, 2020 04:37 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

Sad you can't even drive a bus anymore without getting your ass kicked,,

Roger Jan 23, 2020 04:35 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

Driver left area after suspect exited the bus.

Roger Jan 23, 2020 04:34 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

SBPD Officer on scene Bus at Islay and San Andreas.

Roger Jan 23, 2020 04:34 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

Bus is stopped San Andreas at Mission nothing showing.

Roger Jan 23, 2020 04:31 PM
Assault on MTD Bus

Chino at Mission Streets SBPD responding.