Scanner Reports 1-22-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I'm really curious about something, I realized it just TUESday morning as I was listening to the scanner and heard a call on the 3400 Block of Richland Drive. It was a noise complaint, people yelling around 4:30am. Also, there was a friend on Facebook complaining about someone's dog barking all night, she lives off Foothill somewhere. I am wondering what overnight noise is like in your NeighborHOODS? Is it loud, annoying? Does it keep you up at night? There is a lot of noise where I live but most of it I'm used to after all these years. I live next to the 101 near Milpas street, then I'm also close to the railroad tracks, of course, there is Milpas street and the traffic there as well as occasional screaming, yelling occasional as in 4 or 5 times a day usually the earliest for yelling and screaming is 3:30 am to about 5am. Then there are sirens from ambulances, fire trucks, police cars usually a couple ambulances a day not as annoying as the screaming, yelling. A couple times a week police on their way to a Code 415pc (fight or domestic disturbance). I think the fire truck is afraid to wake me up. Most of the noise around here I am used to, so used to it I can hear if someone is walking on the property so I pretty much know when there is a prowler, but is it a prowler or a friend of a neighbor not so sure about that?
Anyway I am curious about your neighborHOODS you don't have to say the exact place you live the neighborHOOD is good enough. I find a lot of neighborHOODS have alarms around here too burglary, as well as Fire alarms, and vehicle alarms. I love it when I post Audible alarms on a certain block, then someone asks me what property or house it came from? Yeah Like I'm going to tell a crook make it easy for them. I'd rather they find out on their own and get the house with the audible alarm, or video alarm where the home or business owner can see on video who is on their property. Anyway if you feel like sharing your overnight noise I'd like to hear it if you feel like telling me off that is fine too...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 459pc Investigation at the Police Station, burglary
- Check the Welfare of a male in a tree near a Dumpster 100 Block of West Anapamu. HMA.
- White Hills Vineyard missed exact location North County 459pc burglary
- Audible Alarm 721 East Cota SB Jr High
- 2 Subjects in a black car 100 Block of East Sola hand to hand possible dope deal witnessed
- Med aide 105 South Quarantina.
- Apartment 459ed in the 900 Block of Garden burglary.
- Med call Veterans Memorial Building 112 West Cabrillo.
- 415pc 80 Year Old male refusing to leave Hendry's beach per Ranger.
- On South La Patera in Goleta suspicious male on a bicycle looking in vehicle windows WMA 61 wearing a dark jacket.
- Stolen Vehicle recovery Honda Civic 400 Block of North Quarantina.
- 4700 Block of 9th street in Carpinteria medical call.
- Medical call 1200 Block of Olive.
- State street at East Mason Medical call.
- 415pc State street at Cota street
- 600 Block of West Cota 459pc Burglary.
- Suspicious male going door to door after dark BMA wearing a suit 1400 Block of Hillcrest
- Fire Alarms, False Alarm 400 Block of Por La Mar
- 2 Suspicious subjects seen on Video at the Wildlife Care Network 1460 North Fairview not sure what became of that call.
- Suspicious male UI talking to himself about guns inside Santa Barbara Roasting Co 321 Motor Way. I would not let that guy have anymore coffee he got arrested anyway.
- Female jumped from a 2nd Story Window injured 4800 Block of San Gordenio, Goleta.
- Unknown 415pc 600 Block of West Cota.
- 415pc Possible fight 2 males yelling a female screaming 900 Block of West Mission subjects possibly staff members dragging subject into a halfway house police arrived there was an injured subject who was unresponsive AMR requested.
- 1100 Block of Garden street 459pc Burglary
- Fire reported out Ventura River Bed
- 5100 Block of Neptune Square possible structure fire.
- 415 Domestic with possible violence 800 Block of Bath street.
- Vehicle accident Highway 101 Northbound at Gaviota State Beach.
- 3400 Block of Richland Drive Loud noises and people yelling very early in the morning
- Highway 101 Southbound at Los Carneros Off ramp felony stop of suspects who brandished a weapon toward another motorist
- Hazardous investigation 500 Block of Scenic Drive unknown what kind
- Traffic Accident highway 101 Northbound just South of Bates.
- Trespasser in the bathroom of the Eucalyptus Grove in the 7600 Block of Hollister suspect last seen heading for the tracks carrying a sleeping bag.
- 300 Block of East DLG Med call.- Traffic Stop 1100 Block of CVR on a black Nissan.
- SBPD officer on a detail at the Sober center 17 East Haley.
- 415pc Over a non injury vehicle accident Haley at Garden street.
- Window found smashed in the 400 Block of State street inside of structure checked for intruders none found.
- Park 3 on a Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- Vehicle rollover Heavy Rescue Highway 101 Northbound at West Lake in Moor Park minor injuries.
- Male heard yelling that he is going to kill someone in the 1000 Block of East Mason in a residence. They are not all Homeless.
- Premises check 1100 Block of Walnut
- Unknown type 415pc 1100 Block of Mercedes Lane.
- Hazardous condition 1900 Los Canolas near the Rattlesnake Trail Head it was thought to be smoke but was actually fog. Also mentioned that County was doing a controlled burn in the 3400 Block of Gilbraltar.
- 415 Domestic 700 Block of Olive
- 459pc Attempt 300 Block of Miltada in Goleta
- Code 40, Drunk at Cottage Hospital
- Fire Alarms no Fire 400 Block of East Gutierrez.
- BOLO female falling asleep at the wheel from the 100 Block of North Milpas heading South on Milpas driving a red sedan
- 273.5 Domestic Violence Near the Alano Club 200 Block of East Cota street male in his 50's with a non-aggressive Pit Bull hit a female in the face injuring her eye then because he is a tough guy before police responded he ran away but they found him and his dog. The female went to the hospital, the dog went to the shelter and the male went to jail yet it seems as though the wrong person and dog was punished.
- 415pc Unknown type 600 Block of Pico.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly male with Dementia refusing to leave 2981 Cliff Drive ongoing issue.
This is a Hot Chili and Hog Dog Day, Lima Beans and Ham, Taco Tuesday Day. Will That is all outta me for now Have a great Hump Day...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, and Liza, Tom Cat, Tiger, Tomicina, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger