Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision title=

Photo: SBCFD

By edhat staff

Three people sustained injuries in a traffic collision on Highway 154 Thursday morning.

At 8:30 a.m., Santa Barbara County Firefighters, Los Padres National Forest firefighters, Calstar Helicopter, California Highway Patrol (CHP), and AMR ambulance responded to the scene near Paradise Road.

Upon arrival, crews discovered a two vehicles appeared to collide at high speeds. There were three patients on the scene, one with moderate injuries and two with minor injuries. All patients were transported to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital by two ground ambulances.

CHP shut down the eastbound lanes of Highway 154 for a short time due to vehicles in the roadway. Both lanes are now open.

CHP will be investigating the cause of this collision.

surfergirl69 Jan 17, 2020 07:03 PM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

A mountain rd ...inherently dangerous to begin with.....then map apps directing drivers to it, with the lure of a "faster" route. Some drivers distracted by the gorgeous views, some drivers speeding, and some drivers...both. The apps need to get more tuned in. I have seen (on edhat, I think) a semi-truck stuck in a hairpin turn on Old San Marcos pass. Definitely, seriously reduce the speed limit on Hwy 154.

Rinconer Jan 17, 2020 09:15 AM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

Perhaps we should consider changing name from Paradise Road to “Brace Yourself”, or, “ Here Comes the Boom”.

pstarSR Jan 17, 2020 07:59 AM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

did everyone ignore the report the CHP just did? saying it US that are causing these accidents? so if you want a change......... be better drivers

andrewbaker77 Jan 16, 2020 12:53 PM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

SOLUTION. 1. Drop the speed limit to 25mph. That will send Google Map drivers over to the 101 as it will show as a faster route. 2. Position cops in the zone. They will make lots of money. Done.

mm1970 Jan 17, 2020 01:07 PM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

As a habit, I set google maps when I drive anywhere, even if I know where I'm going. Just last weekend, driving home from SLO area, suddenly my phone tells me to exit...I look over and realize I'm at the 154 exit. Insanity. Obv, I stayed on the 101.

jqb Jan 17, 2020 11:56 AM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

"police state: a totalitarian state controlled by a political police force that secretly supervises the citizens' activities" ... so, nothing like having traffic cops patrol particularly dangerous roads to reduce illegal and unsafe driving. Saying "drive better" is not a "solution" to this or any other problem, any more than saying "don't be poor" or "don't crap in the bushes" is a solution to the homeless problem, or saying "don't be stupid" is a solution to the quality of online comments.

sacjon Jan 17, 2020 11:29 AM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

SHMONK - because most crashes aren't caused by good drivers. We can all promise to be the best drivers on the road, but that doesn't mean squat when you have idiots flying up the hill, passing in deadly stretches, tailgating, etc etc. Just like the 101, there should be patrolling CHP or Sheriff to keep bad drivers on alert. Look at King City. Everyone knows not to speed through there. Why? Because it's notorious for police presence. Asking cops to their jobs is not asking to "become a police state."

a-1582580980 Jan 16, 2020 11:56 AM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

Please follow up on this (and other serious accidents) about what happened and why. Knowledge helps educate to avoid other accidents: they may happen to you and me.

a-1582580980 Jan 16, 2020 10:57 PM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

It’s really up to the CHP, firefighters(if they are present) to report on the causes, not residents who pay their salaries. The story says that the CHP will be investigating the causes, a statement that’s usually at the end of an accident report... and then nothing more is heard. I appreciate that much news in edhat is not by pro. journalists, but accident reports are usually filed by professionals. ...this is not just for myself, in fact I rarely drive that road,but for those who do who might be impacted. Thanks for _your_ understanding.

a-1582580980 Jan 16, 2020 10:57 PM

a-1582580980 Jan 16, 2020 10:58 PM

NamasteYogi Jan 16, 2020 05:17 PM
Three Injured in Highway 154 Collision

If you’re so interested, follow up yourself. Why don’t you do some work to figure it out. Stop demanding other people do the work for you. You can always search for information, call the police department, and update directly in the thread. Thanks so much for your understanding