Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

Code 215pc: Attempted carjacking near 23 South Hope. Involved are six subjects, 2 white male adults [WMA's] in their 20's, 1 black male adult [BMA], and 2 Hispanic male adults [HMA's]. The Hispanic males are 5'10 - 6 feet tall, both wearing grey sweaters, grey pants or shorts, one is heavy set.

SBLetsGetAlong Jan 17, 2020 07:32 AM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

If it’s under $950 it’s not a “real crime” anymore. Thx Govt. The local gas station reports that everyday a woman steels bags of chips, every day. No action from the police, because it’s just chips. So what laws are ok to break nowadays? And there’s definitely discrimination against those that appear to be able to pay the fines. Fore amp,e, public drugs or urination. If I puss on the side of the road after going to the Bowl I get a ticket. But the homeless guy 10’ away doesn’t. Discrimination! Lack of caring from police & govt. like a checked out parent with a self entitled child. If the govt is not going to enforce laws on one segment, then let anarchy rule and stop enforcing the laws uniformly. Movies like the Joker & Batman foretell the future of our society.

sacjon Jan 17, 2020 08:34 AM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

Haha OK folks.... I guess sarcasm is lost here. My comment was poking fun at all the gun people who gleefully remark that gun laws don't work any time there's a shooting or gun related crime in CA. Tough crowd in here....

mp805 Jan 16, 2020 06:14 AM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

Wasn't there just a robbery last month at Ross and they ditched their car in the vicinity behind chick-fil-a. 4 people from that are still at large from what I understand.

a-1582478244 Jan 15, 2020 09:04 PM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

A lot of crime happening in this specific area lately. Just wait until Sears becomes housing. More people = more crime.

Roger Jan 16, 2020 07:01 AM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

I had a young tough do that once he was with a gang he wasn't a juvenile and he was with several others reaches into my grocery bag grabs a soda says, "Thanks Pops!" I grabbed it back so fast I shocked myself...

a-1582478244 Jan 16, 2020 06:00 AM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

It won't be low income housing! SB in general has crime ... When I was leaving the grocery store yesterday I was carrying a bag of chips and these 3 teenaged boys saw them and they turned toward me and started to come up fast then turned away real quick. I had a moment where I thought they were about to try and grab them, weird!

CoastWatch Jan 15, 2020 08:24 PM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

This is what happens when we (CA) do early prison releases and no longer prosecute criminal behaviors due to DA's " trimming case loads" all across the State of California... and the criminals KNOW IT.

Shmonk Jan 16, 2020 10:13 AM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

huh? What does this have to do with early prison release or any of that mumbo jumbo? Don't try to further your unfound agenda when there are no details about this incident.

Roger Jan 15, 2020 06:28 PM
Attempted Carjacking on Hope Ave

2 Vehicles involved one an older model grey Jeep Cherokee the other Unidentified...Watch Out they are out there...