Scanner Reports 12-11-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Until I was in my early 40's I was ignorant of the fact that fireworks hurt animals. I knew they were frightened by them but I thought it was just for a moment not a fear with a lasting effect or one that could end their life. I did not know that dogs freaked out until one fourth of July almost 20 years ago when I was lighting off bottle rockets one of my neighbors attacked me, then threatened to kill me had I known I never would have let them off. I love animals, I do not believe that a human life is more important to that of a fur baby. I wonder if the law the President recently signed "Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act-toward Animals" could be enforced to stop fireworks shows because it could be considered torture? Poor dogs howling in pain as their ears are sensitive to the loud explosions, every time there is a Fireworks show Animals run away from home even some that are secured in homes get out and run away and run into traffic getting hit. There are Veterans who are also bothered by Fireworks not all Veterans but some are for some people that claim to be patriotic and a hundred and ten percent behind Veterans they sure become selfish when it comes to Firework Shows just my opinion which I am entitled to....HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Highway 101 Southbound Mission onramp and in lanes seven vehicles involved in trying to avoid hitting a dog in lanes the dog died
- 2 Subjects had been fighting but stopped at the Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali BMA and HMA Males.
- 415 Domestic at the Oasis Inn 3300 Block of State street The male was last seen walking Southbound on the sidewalk covered with a dark blanket aka Dog House
- SBPD on a pedestrian 300 Block of West Junipero.
- Per CHP Website report of Fire 1800 Highway 1 at Grimway Farms
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Premises check Skaters Point
- Follow up on a Suspicious Vehicle 500 Block of North Milpas street
- Subject stuck in a wheelchair needs help getting up 100 Block of Del Campo.
- Suspicious Circumstances 4 Juveniles in a grey Jetta 3 males on female fled after being seen by owner of the vehicle San Pascual at Cota streets.
- Hazardous condition 7200 Block of Alameda Ave. Goleta.
- Burning odor in a building UCSB Building 571 Structure Fire response.
- Kid locked in a vehicle in the 1500 Block of State street Fire department response.
- This one cracks me up did not hear the location..."Male sitting out by the garage drinking a beer talking to himself." He was probably reading Edhat. :)
- Female attempting to cash a phony check at Mechanics Bank in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Traffic Accident 420 South Fairview.
- Suicidal Female stops vehicle hops out walks away possibly 200 Block of West Micheltorena or on Micheltorena closer to Castillo vehicle possibly a Jetta police caught up to her poor Gal.
- 415 Family domestic 3600 Block of Richland Drive.
- 415 Landlord Tenant 700 Block of Spring Street.
- 20002 Non injury Someone done runned over someones dang foot! in the Parking Lot of Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo, Silver 4-Door Sedan last seen North on Chapala.
- Check the Welfare of a woman yelling "Stop It" in the area of San Pascual and Chino.
- 3400 Block of Richland Drive 415 Landlord Tenant.
- 415 Domestic 600 Block of Rolling Brook.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Suspicious Male in a Driveway on La Cumbre Circle WMA in his 50's
- 415pc Land Lord Tenant 700 Block of Spring Street
- Suspicious subject possibly trying to pick a lock at 27 East Cota street
- Male stumbling walking in traffic on Oceanview possibly 5150pc or Under the Influence. of something
- Traffic Accident unknown injury State street at West Sola streets. Vehicle vs Bicyclist, everyone left the scene
- Suspicious circumstances would not say what 1300 Block of San Pascual
- Vehicle rollover Highway 101 Northbound at Vista Point 2 injuries
- At the tow yard 336 North Calle Caesar Chavez a white Nissan with stolen plates.
- 1300 Block of Gillespie med call.
- Fire Station One Medical Emergency Medic's code 3.
- Traffic accident highway 101 Northbound at the Carrillo off ramp
- On a Subject trespassing on the tracks Calle Caesar Chavez on the tracks
- Check on a subject not seen for a while 1900 Block of San Pascual I think he was found deceased Rest in Peace.
- Suicidal Subject 423 Chapala The Salvation Army
- Med call 512 Bath
- 242pc Two victims Elderly couple Male and Female Pedregosa and Anacapa HMA suspect SBPD on it
- 415pc Fight two males Freedom Park in I.V
- Premises check Ortega Park
- Premises check Skaters Point
- Medical call 1000 Block of State street
- Male yelling at passerbys 525 State street.
- 415 Domestic 400 Block of Por La Mar not sure what happened there female said that a male was harassing her.
- Wires down San Pascual at West Valerio.
Wow! I ordered some gifts from this place called Gypsy Rose on the 2nd of this month sent them a check, the gifts were not totally expensive and quality I got most of them on the 10th I did not expect them so soon. Anyway they have Hippie Stuff and clothing mostly for women not very expensive and Quality goods if you're looking for last-minute gifts. I'm very impressed. Check them out if you like. The other day I went nextdoor for water, a woman was parking a Porsche SUV she looks back at me with my walker as if I was going to steal that piece of junk. I noticed an old Aero Star van parked next to it and if I had my choice I would take the Aero Star any day over a Porsche any kind of Porsche Aero Stars Rule in my Book. The Book of Roger. Anyway Have a Great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Eddie, Bambi, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Bengie, Rickie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jetrry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger