Dog on Highway 101

Traffic collision on Highway 101 possibly involving a loose dog on the freeway, southbound at Mission Street.

Flicka Dec 10, 2019 10:57 AM
Dog on Highway 101

I've read articles where accidents killing people were caused by a driver swerving to avoid a dog. People lives matter!

a-1579267664 Dec 10, 2019 09:10 AM
Dog on Highway 101

I'll say again, it is now possible to purchase fireworks that have no bang attached to them, just beauty.

Luvaduck Dec 10, 2019 08:33 AM
Dog on Highway 101

The take-away is, hit the dog if avoiding it would put people at risk. Pets do become 'members of the family' but that doesn't make them human. Information for those whose beloved "excape artists" are allowed outside alone, check out a screw-like metal 'bolt' that goes deep into the ground and has a swivel for attaching a tether if you don't have obstacles inside the diameter of the circle it makes. Otherwise, the tether can become wound up and may be miserable or dangerous to the dog. (Especially if he isn't the genius you think he is!) Make sure your pet gets enough walks to work off energy, especially while young. They're like kids needing recess. Wish I still had that kind of energy. .

a-1579267664 Dec 09, 2019 01:09 PM
Dog on Highway 101

Heartbreaking. Noise-sensitive animals really suffer horrible fear during these fireworks events. I wish Santa Barbara and Goleta would stop having fireworks displays.

PitMix Dec 10, 2019 08:55 AM
Dog on Highway 101

Uh, the Chinese invented fireworks and still love them, so arguably fireworks are a communist product. No patriotic red-blooded United Statian should ever embrace a commie product like that. But now that it is a tradition, common sense is not allowed.

a-1579267664 Dec 09, 2019 05:33 PM
Dog on Highway 101

I haven't seen a laser show but they are reputed to be beautiful. Here's a description: https://www.justenergy.com/blog/4-safe-alternatives-to-independence-day-fireworks/. Goleta seems more responsive to its residents than is Santa Barbara and the present mayor and city council. Maybe Goleta would lead the way? It is indeed heart-breaking about the dog --- and also for the person who hit it.

Roger Dec 09, 2019 03:53 PM
Dog on Highway 101

I'm against fireworks too call me whatever you want everyone knows the Communist is in Washington.

Chip of SB Dec 09, 2019 03:11 PM
Dog on Highway 101

What are you, some kind of communist?!?!?! This is America; there will always be fireworks displays!!!

PitMix Dec 09, 2019 10:35 AM
Dog on Highway 101

This is the 3rd dog I've heard of that got loose on the westside and ended up on the 101 and thereafter killed. I think that if they start heading down Mission and they run into an off- or on-ramp, they follow it rather than cross the street and end up on the freeway. Luckily my dogs aren't escape artists but some dogs are.

Roger Dec 09, 2019 09:53 AM
Dog on Highway 101

But what if it was the fireworks from last night that made the dog go crazy and he/she disappeared last night, the dog might have been secured and went out a window or something. My poor cat gets scared too goes under the bed.

Roger Dec 09, 2019 06:06 PM
Dog on Highway 101

Yes for the Parade of Lights at the Harbor..

pstarSR Dec 09, 2019 05:45 PM
Dog on Highway 101

there were fireworks last night?

a-1579267664 Dec 09, 2019 09:33 AM

I blame the dog's owner!!! Poor baby :(

SBSBSBSBSBsb Dec 09, 2019 02:19 PM
Dog on Highway 101

There ya go, someone just lost their pet and your with no back story you say it’s their fault. This is classic edhat.

Roger Dec 09, 2019 08:40 AM
Dog on Highway 101

Of course everyone will blame the poor dog for causing the accident but I won't Rest in Peace little Angel.

Roger Dec 09, 2019 08:27 AM
Dog on Highway 101

The CHP Website says 7 vehicles involved and I heard someone say something about it involving a dog I don't think the dog made it but don't know for sure.

Roger Dec 09, 2019 08:20 AM
Dog on Highway 101

The dog was in lanes at Arrellaga the accident on the other side of the freeway Mission Southbound not sure if the dog made it...