Scanner Reports 12-2-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
After I had meningitis and was released from the hospital I went back to the Boys Home. I was only there for a short period of time before I was transferred to a home for adults with problems. At the time I did not know why they did that but figured that Don might have something to do with it. Don was this kid who was my age, tall like me, had long hair like me, wasn't all there like me. Don's life was heartbreaking. When he was 4 years of age he lived with his mother it was only him, and she committed suicide took an overdose he was found with her dead body. He was put in an orphanage, while in the orphanage another kid lit a mattress on fire and said Don did it so Don was sent to a State Hospital. They put him in a closet there, he spent nine years in that closet. He was found in feces, urine, unwashed, abused, beaten you get the idea. Those horrible things happened in State Hospitals in the day. I have no doubt things like this still happen the powers that be have ways of shutting things up.
A newspaper article had been written about Don and it was known he was in the halfway house we were in together. Every once in a while College Idiots would come around hoping to see Don and make fun of him, too bad the newspaper article came out before I moved it because I hated bullies and I had finally grown big enough to prove it. They mostly struck in the evening, yelling from passing vehicle windows throwing things at our windows. We lived on the 2nd floor of a place that had been built in 1895 so instead of two stories it looked more like three. There was a tree next to our side of the roof and some of these punks had started climbing partway up and yelling at us at first we totally ignored them but they just kept it up. I had plans for the little Sonofabitches. One of the other residents had a BB Gun that looked like a handgun. I borrowed it then went out and bought a bunch of firecrackers. After awhile the jerks got more daring climbing up on the roof and trying to look in the windows. One night we opened the windows all the way and had the lights shut out we were waiting in the shadows Don ready to light the firecrackers me with the gun. The idiots did not disappoint us there were two on the roof and two on the tree when I stepped out on the roof in the darkness holding the BB Hand Gun. I said, "You should have left us alone but now you're going to pay." Don lit a pack of firecrackers with his cigarette and tossed them out the window behind me. "You dirty Mother F$$$ers!!!" I yelled pointing the BB Gun at them. They did not waste any time one jumped off the roof the other jumped on the tree nailing the other two one ran away 3 were injured: broken ankle's, arms, fingers, banged up real good. I got rid of the gun real quick and only copped to tossing the firecrackers out the window we did not get into any trouble. The college kids were banged up a bit no one ever bothered Don again.
Me and Don took off a couple times wandering the streets of Fort Wayne, getting drunk one time we hitched it up to Hammond and stayed overnight at the Folks house. It was Winter On the way back there was a lot of snow on the ground drifting from the wind so cold we were hitching route 30 at 41 a car pulled over we opened the doors and got in the song playing on the radio was Wildfire the memory of the drifting snow, that song and my Brother Don brings tears to my old eyes. It wasn't too long after that I moved on from that place met a gal and got a place with her. I never knew what happened to Don after that I like to think that he met a good woman settled down got married, has children, a career a home and he's living the good life somewhere... HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Missing dementia patient from the 1100 Block of San Andres since 2am. He was found later on in the morning in the 800 Block of Meigs Road they said he was a pretty good walker 85-year-old male.
- Check the Welfare of a Transient at Carrillo and State streets not wearing shoes.
- State street at East Cabrillo Medical call.
- Haley at Santa Barbara street unknown if injury traffic accident.
- 415pc Drinkers disturbing at State street and La Cumbre.
- 400 Block of North Ontare Medical Call.
- Illegal Camper 100 Block of North Ontare.
- Customer refusing to leave Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Medical call 200 Block of West Haley
- Elevator rescue 3900 Block of State street.
- Mariposa Drive 2 Hang Gliders in the water all I heard I have no idea what Mariposa Dr they were talking about.
- Structure Fire response 1700 Block of Laurel in Solvang.
- Suspicious circumstances 600 Block of Garden street.
- Flag down in front of the Police Station code 4.- Med Call 15 East Ortega.
- Premises check 600 Block of Pilgram Terrace.
- Suspicious Circumstances at Mechanics Bank 914 Carpinteria Avenue Customer told a Teller that he had a gun then took money out of his own account.
- 415 Domestic male and female both Drunk she scratched him not sure which one was arrested but I think it was him 900 Block of East Haley.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 1300 Block of Kowalski.
- Medical call 700 Block of Picacho.
- 200 Block of West Carrillo laceration from scissors.
- Possible drug activity in the 600 Block of North Milpas involving a white Tacoma.
- Wires on fire transformer sparking 400 Block Orella Del Mar, Pole was smoking too.
- Storke and Hollister, subject refusing to get off the bus so the bus is not moving.
- 816 Cacique PATH Medical call.
- 594pc Side mirror of a Toyota Prius removed Vandalism Second level, 900 Block of Chapala city Parking garage.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Subject called for a tow truck because he damaged his vehicle hitting another vehicle but he did not know where the vehicle was he hit. He was at Milpas and DLG, the vehicle he hit was in the 400 Block of APS.
- Male trying to get into a BMW by hitting the windows 700 Block of Chapala.
- A suspicious male entered a residence twice in the First Block of West Mason subject in his 40's dark clothing and backpack. I woulda locked my friggen door after the first time.
- 415pc Female refusing to leave the Arco station in the 3600 Block of State street.
- Dumpster Fire 4700 Block of Telephone Road in Ventura, behind Burlington Coat Factory.
- Medical call 800 Block of Garden street.
- Vehicle on it's side 4600 Block of Harris Grade
- Vehicle accident Kellogg at Calle Real.
- Two suspicious subjects looking into vehicle windows 600 Block of San Pasqual, LOCK UP YOUR VEHICLES!
- Non injury traffic accident in front of Chic Fil A 3700 Block of State street.
- Window Smash, Montecito at Ladera.
- Under the influence subject 1235 State street Starbucks.
- 2 Pairs of Sunglasses taken 713 Paseo Nuevo suspect BMA carrying a Footlocker bag.
- 3300 Block of State street at Gelsons grocery store Medical call.
- 3 Males challenged reporting party to fight at Vons on Cliff Drive they sound like real tough guys, said the subject with the red hoody might have a weapon.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Milpas at Cacique, blue Honda suspect vehicle.
- 459 Audible alarm 100 Block of Castillo at the Carriage Museum.
- Loud Karaoke probably off key too on Verano.
- 415 Domestic 400 Block of Anacapa.
- Med call Trader Joes 222 North Milpas street.
- Tree on Fire 1200 Block of Highway 154.
- 242pc Kick to the chest 535 East Yanonali.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Medical call 3600 Block of State street.
- 415pc Transient yelling has 2 Skateboards 800 Block of State Street.
- 836 Anacapa the Main Post Office 459 Audible Alarm.
- Robbery Armed Bohnett Park Suspects were juveniles caught and in Juvenile Hall right now.
- Market Place Medical Call Goleta.
- SMHS 4700 Block of Hollister traumatic injury on the football field.
- 242pc A female head-butted another female outside Marshalls in the 900 Block of State street, the victim who is pregnant decided not to press charged.
- 415pc Family Meggs Laundry 315 Meigs Road.
- Traffic Stop brown Buick 900 Block of Anacapa.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Check the Welfare of a resident in the 700 Block of Meigs Road.
- Subject in a red and silver van offering to sell drugs in the Cabrillo Bath House parking lot West Lot Gone when police got there.
- Huskey seen running on Highway 101 exited at Milpas ran down the street to Alisos and ran into a house with an open door.
- SBPD on a group 900 Block of Cacique.
- Burglary to a laundry room in the 6500 Block of Del Playa.
- 415 Subject threatening in Little Caesars 21 North Milpas street.
- 415pc Transient in a Black parked in a parking lot of a business in the 200 Block of East DLG threatening to burn the business down but he was gone when police arrived.
- 500 Block of North La Cumbre Road Medical call.
- 4 Juveniles wearing masks dressed in black enter the jewelry store in the 300 Block of East Haley to preform a school project. That sounds like a good excuse as any I wonder if I could get away with that?
- Man down check the welfare City lot 5 1200 Block of Chapala near the post office.
- Suspicious truck in driveway in the 500 Block of Red Rose tan Dodge pickup with Texas plates 2 males inside.
- Premises checks Monroe School, McKinley School, Washington School, Mesa Steps.
Weird weekend cold rainy I caught a cold, or it caught me cold nights Scored a new aquarium for Fish Head 3 with a better heater he really digs it...Have a Great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO,Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, Bengie, Ricky, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen,, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later Roger