Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing title=
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

By Robert Bernstein

Ashleigh Brilliant is one of our local treasures and he has given us his first new book in about twenty years. It is titled "I Need More Time - And I Probably Always Will".

Here are my photos and videos of him at his book signing on Monday at Chaucer's Bookstore.

Back in May 2018 Ashleigh spoke at the Humanist Society and I explained how I have known him for about 35 years. And how I first came to know of his epigram creations as a child at the Chicago airport exactly 50 years ago. Here is that article.

Ashleigh was kind enough to pose with me. He also posed with his publisher, Erin Graffy:

I was then privileged to be able to make a video of his modest speech as he presented his book to the world:

He said that with the limited time available, he thought the best use of his time would be to answer questions. Questions, that is, that he thought were most likely to be asked. Before they were asked!

So... Be sure to support our local writer, publisher and bookstore by heading over to Chaucer's to get your own copy of "I Need More Time - And I Probably Always Will"!

biguglystick Nov 22, 2019 11:59 AM
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

He waged a successful war against gas powered leaf blowers in the city a few years back. THANK YOU, Ashleigh! I am with you.

BigDD Nov 21, 2019 05:13 PM
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

Mr. Brilliant is a regular contributor to the weekly Montecito Journal--two column-widths of "brilliantly" worded observations and thoughts that are always insightful and uplifting. Check it out.

a-1576165798 Nov 22, 2019 12:51 PM
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

I only pickup the Montecito Journal to read Ashleigh's column. Always a good read.

a-1576165798 Nov 20, 2019 07:31 PM
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

One of the things I love best about Ashleigh's PotShots is how pithy and meaningful they are. Then, when I try to repeat one of his epigrams to a friend or relative, I can't get the wording right for the life of me. What Ashleigh does with 17 words or less is much more creative and complex than one would think.

sbrobert Nov 20, 2019 05:05 PM
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

Everybody has ideas. The thing is most of us don't write them down. Or act on them. Ashleigh Brilliant says this 1:28 into the video. We can learn from him: Carry a piece of paper and a pen. When you get an idea, write it down. You might be surprised how creative you are, too! ========================================================================== ROGER and 1:50PM person glad that you have enjoyed Ashleigh Brilliant's cards. Don't worry if you have lost or recycled them. You can always get more! You can buy his books at Chaucer's. And you can get individual cards at his office at 117 West Valerio Street.

a-1576165798 Nov 20, 2019 01:50 PM
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

My mother loved his colorful cartoon cards with the funny sayings on them. She sent me several of his cards, but sadly I recycled them.

Roger Nov 20, 2019 09:17 AM
Ashleigh Brilliant Book Signing

I used to buy those post cards all the time back in Indiana when ever I saw them I'd read all of them before I bought acouple so I could get the right ones to send to friends that was along time ago...Thanks Ashleigh