Aggressive Panhandler

Aggressive panhandler threatens to decapitate the employee of Arco at 340 West Carrillo.

a-1575626622 Nov 16, 2019 07:12 PM
Aggressive Panhandler

There are some kids who hang out on State St. and the Castillo offramp and ask for alcohol/drug money. They were pretty open about ,at least they were with me. They weren't violent but pretty talkative. All the money you give to the pan handlers goes to drugs or alcohol, no matter what their signs say. None of them are going hungry as they get free meals and free food from volunteers /organizations. It blows my my mind people are this ignorant or blind about vagrancy. People out there really believe this is an economic and housing issue. If you truly do not want to be homeless, you will find a way to get a place to live. You can rent a place on a minimum wage if you live with other people. Drug use is a choice. I know plenty people who have had extremely hard, difficult lives and don't become drug addicts. People need to be held accountable for their actions and take responsibility for their mistakes.

a-1575626622 Nov 16, 2019 11:43 PM
Aggressive Panhandler

You're not taking into account that a great many of these vagrants are permanently brain damaged, thanks to all the alcohol and drugs they have consumed. They are not "normal" anymore, their brains are addled beyond repair. They need to be institutionalized.

Bene Nov 16, 2019 02:47 PM
Aggressive Panhandler

Regarding comment about people buying more on line to avoid "trouble" shopping locally, I am sadly coming to that point. The other day at Whole Foods I picked up an item to put it in my cart and my companion said what is that brown smelly gob on there?! I looked at my hand and in horror realized there was a nasty smelly gob of fecal matter. I told an employee who didn't seem to think this was very important. There is a homeless woman who was shopping just ahead of me. Not saying I have evidence she did it, but she basically lives at Whole Foods and she is there all day every day, alternating between handling everything in the store, panhandling in the parking lot, and packing and sorting things and living her life in the bench area. She stares with a mean look and vibes me out. I know that we must first worry about the rights and well being of the homeless, but I think people should be more concerned about the health and safety of themselves and their loved ones. If anyone thinks that homelessness is not endangering you and your family, remember that fatal diseases were rampant in "the olden days" because people were not clean. We are starting to see diseases again that had been stamped out, and those who do not properly dispose of their urine and feces can be vectors.

Lucky 777 Nov 16, 2019 11:02 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

I like very much the comment by SBLetsGetAlong: " The "people" treat them like cattle. Ignore them, walk around them, step over the piles of dung." We are now New Delhi, where our free range indigents are the new Sacred Cows. We pay our taxes, giving alms, to support their roaming aimlessly through the streets. They refuse to be penned up, so politicians propose feedlots and the average citizens buy more online and avoid the corridors infested with the unwashed.

AdamVant Nov 16, 2019 08:15 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

Since everything is relative nowadays, we normal people have to put up with this behavior from vagrants on a daily basis. Here’s a story about a poor woman who had a bucket of diarrhea poured on her head by a vagrant. https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/john-and-ken/content/2019-11-12-homeless-man-randomly-poured-hot-diarrhea-on-a-woman/ This is what we normal people have to tolerate.

a-1575626622 Nov 16, 2019 11:46 PM
Aggressive Panhandler

Why didn't you call SBPD dispatch and have this dude 5150ed? You ran away and left the problem there, without thought for the safety of others?

Cristinas Nov 16, 2019 08:58 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

Yesterday morning I was confronted by a 20 ish 6' + 200 lb man in full psychotic break near Sansum Clinic. After calling me every nasty word in the book he challenged me to a fight, I'm 5'5" 125 lbs. I ran away , he continued on down the sidewalk screaming at everything and nothing .

Flicka Nov 15, 2019 11:16 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

Years ago we had a homeless man in a wheelchair here in Carpinteria. I don't know who managed it or how it happened but he was given an apartment in Santa Barbara. Well, he didn't "like" it so went back our to the streets.

a-1575626622 Nov 14, 2019 09:09 PM
Aggressive Panhandler

Commenters on the homeless/shelter-challenged problem sometimes advocate for housing for the homeless. My questions for you who advocate for homes/apartments/living space are these: Do you really think these homeless wretches you see wandering our streets are capable of caring for a home of any kind? Create housing for them and then what? Give them maids and managers and monies for food, clothing, transportation? It's not just about these transients and vagrants being "homeless," it's about them being incapable of caring for themselves. They can't or won't work. How are they supposed to support themselves once we give them homes here? Who sets up their housekeeping and furnishes their homes? Who keeps their spaces clean? Who shops for them? Who cooks for them? How do they get around? With what money?

SBLetsGetAlong Nov 14, 2019 03:41 PM
Aggressive Panhandler

So sad that this violence, or threat of violence, is becoming more regular. Look at the scanner reports for all the incidences by City College and Ortega Park. The few ruin it for the rest of us, homeless and those with homes. And the new council member, Mike Jordan, wants to create day centers in the downtown area so the homeless have a place to congregate. A magnet for the homeless to remain close to the downtown businesses and residences. NOT beds, shelters or permanent supportive housing to help make them NOT homeless, but a homeless YMCA and several of them downtown. As it is we don't go below the Paseo now, and there are more and more incidences in the Arlington area. There are homeless living in bushes not just off the freeway and railroad tracks but along Cliff Dr, Meigs, Las Positias, Alan Rd, behind City College, along the beaches and in the parks. Why do "people" think it is humane to allow people to live out in the cold, littering, pissing, shitting, passing out in front of businesses and doing drugs anywhere they please? Free Range Homeless is the new name for CA homeless. The "people" treat them like cattle. Ignore them, walk around them, step over the piles of dung. These "people" have no suggestions for temporary shelters to get them off the streets where they can receive regular medical treatment. Where they won't start a fire and burn our town down. The City sold the Armory which would have been a great place for them, and the City refuses to create off street parking on any of the City lots. The County and City have refused to use any open land for tent cities. Why hasn't the City and County created off street parking for those living in their cars or sanctioned tent cities like Santa Cruz and other areas in So Cal where there are regular services, trash and bathrooms? Why are they researching the issue again? Because the grant money pays their salaries? How about actually using the grant monies to create housing, temporary or otherwise today, not 3-5 years from now. It's not like this is a new problem that just hit us. The homeless population isn't going down. It's a pretty static number and many have been chronically homeless for years. But I'm sure a new research report will make everything fall into place.

jqb Nov 16, 2019 09:44 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

You have the most ironic (or should I say hypocritical) moniker ever.

a-1575626622 Nov 14, 2019 06:47 PM
Aggressive Panhandler

I think we could create a safe homeless encampment with security and things like that where the drive-in was on Kellogg in Goleta. It is not far from Goleta Valley Hospital if they need treatment, not far from the bus line, not super far to get to the county Clinic and Social Services, it's. Not in a high-risk fire zone or too close to schools or anything like that, the location is perfect. I think that would be a great spot!

Roger Nov 14, 2019 08:06 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

I'm not sure that is what happened though personally I'd do a report on it if nothing else at least there would be a record of it.

Roger Nov 14, 2019 08:02 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

I don't think it went any further than a warning most of the time the victim just doesn't want the aggressor to come back on the property so they won't press charges, as long as the person stays away.

Roger Nov 14, 2019 07:42 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

To threaten someone is against there law and if arrested the suspect can be charged with Criminal threats or 422pc..

Roger Nov 14, 2019 07:40 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

It's one thing to threaten someone with a butt kicking but this is alittle more than that just for asking someone to not panhandle on their property..

Roger Nov 14, 2019 07:37 AM
Aggressive Panhandler

Suspect last seen heading toward the commuter parking lot.