Stabbing on Garden Street

Stabbing at 1 North Garden Street. The victim was at the Visitor's Center at the corner of Garden and Cabrillo Blvd.

a-1573806429 Nov 09, 2019 10:10 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Here's a good joke I found on cathymurillo.com: ///////My name is Cathy Murillo, and I am running to represent our community in the State Assembly.///// /////My experience as the Mayor of Santa Barbara, former reporter in Ventura County (covering environment, government, and water issues), and active supporter of organized labor makes me a strong candidate for this office. My platform values: protecting the natural environment, improving public education, and creating economic opportunity for District 37 residents and all Californians.////// ////I offer a proven record of progressive change and practical results, as well as executive leadership experience in elected office, which includes: --- Regional work in transportation (rail service in particular), affordable housing, homelessness Balancing budgets, building back reserves after the Great Recession, and creating new revenue sources -----Managing drought and disaster response, coordinating with partner agencies ---- Demonstrated ability to build personal and professional relationships, work well with others, uphold Democratic Party values ///////My areas of focus would be: improving the lives of working families, making California climate resilient, promoting housing production that works for each community, transitioning from oil and gas development to renewable energy, expanding access to higher education, among other priorities. I am committed to working hard in both Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, and holding regular office hours in all corners of the District. ////I would be honored to have your vote. ////Many thanks, /////Cathy Murillo .......queue up the laugh track.....

a-1573806429 Nov 11, 2019 07:52 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

@11:47 I like your idea but she won’t win. The rest of the district doesn’t care about the mayor of SB. She has no real power other than being the Chair at council meetings. She is actually a little fish in a little pond. The only reason she is where she is now is because of establishment money.

a-1573806429 Nov 10, 2019 11:47 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

She’s a big fish in a little pond and will be in for a shock if she goes to Sacramento. I think she’d do less damage in the assembly than as mayor. So I plan to vote for her.

a-1573806429 Nov 10, 2019 10:19 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

@10:10 AM Translation = Labor Unions and the Local Dems own her. She is just a pawn used by the machine. The Mayor and Council Members are supposed to be non partisan elected officials. She has been the most partisan Mayor in my lifetime. The most laughable statement in her bio- works well with others. As long as they agree with her and don’t challenge her in any way. The way she treats Jason Dominguez on the Dias is unacceptable. The way she treats public speakers with whom she doesn’t like is also unacceptable. Financing campaigns of those running against council members she doesn’t like. How is that acceptable. She supports divisive groups who believe it’s acceptable to vandalize the News Press Building and boycot local businesses that are “ gentrified” She is not qualified to be the mayor, let alone a member of the state assembly.

Rancho girl Nov 09, 2019 08:48 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Homeless visitors are very territorial and carry knives.

Alexblue Nov 09, 2019 06:41 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Exactly, Ehdat! When people go on killing sprees we want to support them and for them to have as high a body count as possible--no knives, guns for all!

a-1573806429 Nov 08, 2019 04:37 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

More people = more crime, more traffic, less resources and a deteriorating quality of life. This AUD program is not going to make the city some woke millennial paradise with everyone riding bikes around town and shopping in the pedestrian mall. By the time these city council members are all finished with their terms, we will live in a town we no longer recognize.

a-1573806429 Nov 08, 2019 07:47 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

What do you mean "By the time?" My hometown is already unrecognizable.

Roger Nov 08, 2019 03:10 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

No one else reported this one guy posted it then took it down so maybe it wasn't that serious or it was self inflicted. I cannot imagine someone saying there was a crime when there wasn't one? I heard what I heard but whatever.

a-1573806429 Nov 08, 2019 12:58 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

I asked if it was a tourist, not because I think they're more valuable or something, just wondering if it was because then finally SB might do something about the crime down there!

a-1573806429 Nov 08, 2019 12:55 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

No tourists were harmed in the stabbing of this poor person, call the Fire Dept for a sidewalk wash down. There, good to go like it never happened.

Roger Nov 09, 2019 07:57 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Considering a tourist can be a transient and vice versa you just never know.

a-1573806429 Nov 08, 2019 12:22 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

We're starting to look like Santa Maria and Lompoc with all the stabbings and shootings we've had this year.

a-1573806429 Nov 08, 2019 12:13 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Nothing says "Welcome to Santa Barbara!" more than a stabbing at the front door of the visitor's center...

LCP112233 Nov 08, 2019 12:30 PM
Stabbing on Garden Street

@12.13. Other than a "zombie" asking you for money on State Street.

Roger Nov 08, 2019 11:41 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Fire department waiting for the PD to respond and take pictures CSI etc...All I have.

Roger Nov 08, 2019 11:39 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Dispatch said possible 245pc with a knife but someone else official said it was a stabbing...

Roger Nov 08, 2019 11:38 AM
Stabbing on Garden Street

Came over the Scanner as a Medical Emergency with PD response, Fire and Medic's arrived first then the Fire Department requested PD after a few moments that is when it was revealed to be a stabbing.