Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

By Claire Rossi

I am a college student and filmmaker and I grew up in Santa Barbara. This past summer was my last summer in Santa Barbara for a long time as I am now going to school in Boston. I wanted something to remember Santa Barbara because I love my hometown so much. I directed a "visual love letter" to Santa Barbara on Super8mm film.

sea of love from claire rossi on Vimeo.

Flicka Oct 21, 2019 01:36 PM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

Claire, After being in Boston for a bit how about making us a video about what you like there. You did a wonderful job on this. Pay not one iota of concern about the critics concerning smoking and pool, really no big deal.

sbandto Oct 21, 2019 11:04 AM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

Nicely done, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing your future films. Have a great time in Boston!

a-1574322414 Oct 21, 2019 09:48 AM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

Smoking joints?? That is outrageous! It's like it's some beach town in California full of happy young people or something...... lol

LoveMySB Oct 21, 2019 08:44 AM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

Loved It!! We all did crazy things when we were teenagers. Get over it all you negatives. This is 2019!!

a-1574322414 Oct 21, 2019 07:04 AM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

an amazing short film from a talented young lady....hey negative people..SB is changing...so our kids smoke...bet you guys did too :)...better than throwing themselves in front of a train....thanks Edhat for posting

a-1574322414 Oct 21, 2019 04:43 AM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

Playing pool and smoking big joints. Could be Jersey Shore. Not the best representation of Santa Barbara at all.

jqb Oct 21, 2019 06:14 PM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

"Not the best representation of Santa Barbara at all. " Speaking of yourself. And it's not a representation of SB, it's a personal love letter to SB.

a-1574322414 Oct 21, 2019 06:19 AM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

Right? Surprised edhat posted it with that part included, not really something I would expect to see here. Nice otherwise but that part is a turn off. I smoked when I was younger but would never have filmed it, especially as a teen!

a-1574322414 Oct 20, 2019 03:36 PM
Visual love letter to Santa Barbara

Great job! Enjoy Boston -- my daughter went to school there and loved it. A great city, with lots of interesting things to do.