Pedestrian Struck on Highway onramp

On Highway 101 at Castillo a pedestrian ran across lanes and got hit by a car.

a-1573656550 Oct 18, 2019 09:11 AM
Pedestrian Struck on Highway onramp

This summer there were much fewer panhandlers on Las Positas, and none of the old regulars. I think CHP must have warned them off. Last summer was horrendous -- old gentlemen standing bareheaded in hot hot weather, and people bringing them water and giving them enough money that they didn't need to panhandle for the rest of the day. These are shoes you don't want to walk a mile in, but they have to and it's a hard hard life. Most are handicapped by diabetes, there is no housing, it's nice to treat them to a motel room for a night once in awhile. It is impossible with this administration to get newly onto the disability rolls.

Roger Oct 18, 2019 09:56 AM
Pedestrian Struck on Highway onramp

Some of the old regulars might be dead it's nice to bring them water and food too but giving some people money it might be going for other things diabetics don't last long when they drink I know because I'm diabetic I think one of the only things that keep it at bay is I do not drink anymore I have had a hard life too many people have hard hard,hard,hard lives and they are still floating upright..I have been down hard a few times there are places for them to go and get help the rescue mission and Salvation Army are two they will help people straighten out all one has to do is follow their rules and respect their faith it's real easy....

Factotum Oct 17, 2019 07:40 PM
Pedestrian Struck on Highway onramp

All the more reason to clean out the vagrant camps along the freeway and RR tracks - public safety for all concerned.

Roger Oct 18, 2019 08:10 AM
Pedestrian Struck on Highway onramp

I have heard those Check their Welfare calls call them in everytime you see them and report camps over and over again to everyone Caltrans, CHP all of them.

a-1573656550 Oct 18, 2019 07:48 AM
Pedestrian Struck on Highway onramp

The homeless that are panhandling daily at Las Positas, both sides, are very unsteady on their feet and often have canes and chairs to support themselves. Often they hobble down the offramps and are right up against the cars. I have reported this to the CHP who have oversight once they are on the offramps. I have reported this to the city police who have oversight if they are on Las Positas. This puts the panhandlers in danger and also puts drivers in the area in danger.

Roger Oct 17, 2019 07:34 PM
Pedestrian Struck on Highway onramp

All I have sounds like someone was attempting to run across the freeway....Engine 2 is out of service enroute to Cottage for manpower will that is usually not a good sign.