Goleta Target to Open Next Week title=
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

Target, located in a former Kmart building at 6865 Hollister Avenue, will open next week. (Photo by Melinda Burns)

By edhat staff

The highly anticipated retail giant, Target, is scheduled to open their Goleta location for a soft opening on October 16.

Located in the former home of Kmart at 6865 Hollister Ave on the corner of Storke Road, the 117,000 square-foot store becomes the second Target store on the south coast. The first Target store on La Cumbre opened last month as a "small-format location" in the former Santa Barbara Galleria.

The Goleta location will offer a product assortment including apparel and accessories, kids’ and baby care products, toys and sporting goods, fresh grocery, home décor and furniture, health and beauty and other departments.

This store will also offer a CVS Pharmacy inside the store and Order Pickup, giving customers the option to buy online and pick up in-store.

It will employ more than 200 team members and the community hopes it will boost the economy of nearby small businesses including Cajun Kitchen, Saigon Noodle House, and Lilly's Taqueria.

A grand opening will take place on Sunday, October 20.

Related Articles

RHS Oct 11, 2019 08:55 AM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

The two most obnoxious retail outfits in the US in one place. CVS and Target are grotesquely over-hyped and over intrusive. And, yes, there are always competitive or better deals at places like Costco, Vons, Best Buy, etc. Certainly online stuff is cheaper and easier in almost all cases.

a-1571477909 Oct 12, 2019 06:32 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

Only backed up traffic I see is that stupid line of people waiting in their cars to get into Chik-ick-a.

420722 Oct 12, 2019 03:41 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

We complained about that happening at the state street location but we were wrong. There are always parking spots and there is no backed up traffic. It’s not going to be as bad you say. Relax.

a-1571477909 Oct 12, 2019 06:37 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

FLICKA. A friend took me to the huge Target in Camarillo. It was a sore disappointment. Junky stuff made in China. Cheaply made clothing. The food (frozen foods and canned goods, stuff in jars) was a bit overpriced and absolutely nothing organic or health food genre. After looking and looking for something to buy, I gave up. We were there for 45 minutes as friend shopped and I was glad to get the heck out of there.

a-1571477909 Oct 10, 2019 07:30 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

Lots of great stuff! I was kind of anti at first. I don't know why. I guess I just didn't want another "big box store." But I have been so pleasantly surprised by the mini Target and now find myself going there for many things I used to get at CVS, etc.

a-1571477909 Oct 10, 2019 04:29 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

Jeannine's Restaurant & Bakery is 1 block from Target in Hollister Village, across Hollister from Marketplace. Opens at 7 a.m.

420722 Oct 12, 2019 03:45 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

@6:32 as a resident of Santa barbara I concur wholeheartedly. That is exactly what Santa Barbara cares about, tourist and low income homes for low income workers. It’s quite sad. I wish Santa Barbara would learn a thing or two from thriving goleta.

a-1571477909 Oct 11, 2019 06:32 AM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

And it will make Goleta's tax base and people very happy, too, especially as so many Santa Barbarans flock in. Santa Barbara will focus on tourists, the “drunk zone”, and building housing for the lower income residents those jobs require. Goleta will focus on sales tax revenues. Lucky Goleta!

Factotum Oct 10, 2019 03:54 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

Hope their prices are cheaper than their other Mini-Target which were about a dollar or so higher than other local shopping choices. One and done with that Mini-Target. The crowds of locals that begged for its opening in this town have certainly died down.

a-1571477909 Oct 10, 2019 07:28 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

What are you talking about? Prices on almost everything are cheaper. What are you buying there that you can buy at "local retailers" for cheaper?!

a-1571477909 Oct 10, 2019 03:36 PM
Goleta Target to Open Next Week

For early risers like me, Target opens at 8 a.m. Target, breakfast at Cajun Kitchen, back home for nap.