Fatal Vehicle Collision in Carpinteria

Update by California Highway Patrol
September 17, 2019

On September 14, 2019, at approximately 0635 hours, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) received a report of a possible roll over traffic collision on US-101 southbound, near Casitas Pass Road, within the construction zone. The CHP responded to the scene and discovered a black 2002 Ford Ranger pickup truck had rolled over and came to rest within the center divide just south of the Linden Avenue over crossing.

A 25 year old male from Ventura was driving the Ford southbound on US-101, north of Linden Avenue, when he lost control of the vehicle, left the roadway, overturned, and came to rest within the center divide on the Ford's roof. The driver, unknown if he was wearing his seatbelt, was partially ejected from the Ford when it overturned. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The southbound US-101 lanes were closed for approximately one hour and forty-five minutes as the vehicle was recovered and for on scene investigation. Southbound traffic was diverted off at Raynolds Avenue during the closure. The name of the driver is not releasable at this time pending family notification. The collision is still under investigation.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
7:08 a.m., September 14, 2019

Traffic collision on Highway 101 southbound at Linden Ave in Carpinteria.

BlueHorseshoe Sep 18, 2019 08:46 AM
Fatal Vehicle Collision in Carpinteria

K rails are not the problem. Its a 12 foot lane with a 7 foot car, leaves 5 feet of margin, not a 1/2 inch. I drive that section every day to work and i put my phone down, slow to a safe speed and dont have a problem. Its not hard to not hit a K rail

a-1571371349 Sep 17, 2019 11:21 AM
Fatal Vehicle Collision in Carpinteria

I want to know more about the cause of these constant fatal accidents. Booze, people on their phones, what is it? Everyday someone else is dead. Why??

Rinconer Sep 18, 2019 07:29 AM
Fatal Vehicle Collision in Carpinteria

Agreed 753. K rails 1/2 inch from lane lines are now ubiquitous in Carp, along the 101 and 126. If anyone is texting, their error margin is now 1/2 inch.

a-1571371349 Sep 17, 2019 06:31 PM
Fatal Vehicle Collision in Carpinteria

What is my agenda? What a weird charge. And who said I think there is one reason? I want to know why ANY of these crashes are happening. Even weirder is how everyone is downvoting my comment like we should just accept fatal car crashes on a daily basis as "life"? Any my question is highly relevant given the construction zone. What if the construction zone setup itself is contributing to crashes? I don't get why I'm some bad person for asking why a deadly wreck happened... I don't want ANYONE to die in a car wreck. These are tragedies that should be avoidable.

a-1571371349 Sep 17, 2019 11:33 AM
Fatal Vehicle Collision in Carpinteria

11:21 - Why would you think there is only one reason? People die every day for many many reasons. Not sure what you're agenda is, but please give the demanding tone a rest. Someone's son/brother/maybe father passed away...

cojo69 Sep 14, 2019 04:31 PM
Fatal Vehicle Collision in Carpinteria

So very sorry to hear of the fatality accident. The ongoing construction zone is clearly marked SLOW 55mph in several locations Amazed at how many drivers do not heed the warning Please slow down. You will arrive at your destinstion...alive