Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

Update by edhat staff
6:20 p.m., September 11, 2019

Santa Barbara County firefighters are responding to a small brush fire off Highway 101 northbound at the El Sueno offramp.

At 5:20 p.m., four engines and a Battalion Chief responded to the scene and found an isolated section of brush burning between Calle Real and the freeway.

The westbound lane of Calle Real is shut down at El Sueno and traffic is slow in the area

The cause is under investigation and no injuries were reported.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
5:23 p.m., September 11, 2019

There's a report of a vegetation fire off Highway 101 northbound at the El Sueno offramp.

a-1568890742 Sep 12, 2019 07:09 AM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

La Cumbre/State, during Thomas Fire, gas stations working, and street lights working, no Edison caused emergency of turning off power. An emergency is an absence of choice (offered by Edison and PG&E); just look at the video and think about what would happen to traffic trying to evacuate, and people with little gasoline unable to fill their tank to evacuate (because gas stations need power to work pumps). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=solekt4Pt9Q

a-1568890742 Sep 12, 2019 06:23 AM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

Thank you, Roger, Edhat, Lauren (owner of Edhat), for keeping us safe by letting us know about fires right away. You're the best! Updates, photos, videos...

a-1568890742 Sep 11, 2019 06:34 PM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

The 101 is open according to the CHP. There is concern that the eucalyptus trees north of Calle Real could catch on fire. Roger, is there anyway you can inform us readers on Edhat when the fire is totally out? It’s especially important for persons living north of the 101. Thanks

Longing2bhome Sep 12, 2019 11:21 AM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

Party Mix, a dry food treat, is really good. I get it out of the cupboard very quietly. They wake up out of a dead sleep for it. It is their favorite. I give each category about 8 pieces. They are content and happy.

Longing2bhome Sep 12, 2019 08:44 AM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

Wonderful idea to feed him a lot. That way your kitty will not be tempted. I started feeding extra to one of my males and it kept him happy and not irradiated with his dad. You are in my prayers. Have a blessed day. Thank you for your reports, very helpful.

Roger Sep 11, 2019 08:22 PM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

I'm afraid for my cat because he won't stay in the house and they had to treat the property for rodents there is nothing I can do about it he won't stay in he's very strong..He is my partner and I don't want to lose him especially not in this way all he doesn't know any better...I'm trying to give him alot of food prayer is the only thing that has ever worked just prayer for my little guy.

a-1568890742 Sep 11, 2019 07:17 PM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I completely get the fear of unpredictable. Hang in there though because I predict you will find your answers and they will be positive!

a-1568890742 Sep 11, 2019 06:18 PM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

Someone else may be able to report the news, but, they can not tell the stories like you do. Or be funny with their posts. I for one will stick with you! You add to my life even though we have never met, yet.

a-1568890742 Sep 11, 2019 08:49 PM
Firefighters Respond to Brush Fire Near El Sueno

MISS: When it comes to east vs. west, westerlybreezes/ winds in Santa Barbara are the most prevalent. It's pretty unusual when the winds blow easterly (from the east to the west).