Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

by an edhat reader,

A helicopter circled over west Goleta last night and I was wondering if anyone knows why? I think it was a law enforcement helicopter and was searching for a suspect of some kind. Thanks.

Bodyboarder73 Aug 19, 2019 01:12 PM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

I've lived in both SB and Goleta for the last 30 years and I have worked between here and Paso Robles/Cambria for the last 15 years and I can say the whole central coast is changing . Traffic has gotten significantly worse on the 101 every year from here to Paso Robles. It's like the whole world has moved here especially over the last few years. I guess it was going to eventually happen.

Flicka Aug 19, 2019 12:04 PM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

Well, BIGUGLYSTICK, Since Los Angeles has moved in a take-over of Montecito and SB naturally we are no longer any better than L.A. People want to "get out of the city" then come up here and want to make us into another L.A. I can tell you for sure Montecito is no longer the same place where I grew up, or raised kids.

biguglystick Aug 19, 2019 10:07 AM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

When sheriff helicopters start searching for criminals in SB county, we are no better than LA. There goes our lovely little town! Ugh. NO.

tagdes Aug 19, 2019 12:02 PM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

Right, no better, but just as good having the resources like the copters and K-9 s both of which have been instrumental in catching felons locally.

Concerned4Calif Aug 19, 2019 08:41 AM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

Seems like an expensive way to look for some a homeless person; it must cost hundreds per hour.

tagdes Aug 19, 2019 11:56 AM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

They were looking for a warrant suspect as stated below. That could be for rape, murder, kidnapping or a host of other crimes. Not unusual for criminals to be around homeless camps.

JayBax Aug 19, 2019 08:02 AM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

If you have a good set of binoculars you can always run it’s numbers through the FAA registry to find out who owns it.

Bodyboarder73 Aug 18, 2019 08:46 PM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

I figured they were searching for someone. It was circling for 3 hours. Thanks for the info JB86.

JB86 Aug 18, 2019 08:08 PM
Mysterious Circling Helicopter?

Sheriffs were looking for a suspect wanted on warrants out of Ventura. I don't believe they caught him. He was associated with the homeless camp near the railroad tracks at South Glen Annie.