Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

by an edhat reader,

I live in the area behind the Magnolia Shopping Center close to the 101 Freeway and just heard two possible gunshots. Normally I would think it was a car backfiring but there were two distinct shots about 2-3 seconds apart. Anyone else hear this?

Soccer-Fan Aug 19, 2019 02:29 PM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

ocean drew remarks " The US has more guns on the street than people.... " Hopefully this is bit of an over statement.

macpuzl Aug 19, 2019 02:45 PM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

We areabsolutely awash in firearms stupidity. There are over 390 million firearms (that we know of) owned by civilians in the US. That's enough for every man, woman, and child, plus 67 million left over.

Bodyboarder73 Aug 19, 2019 01:31 PM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

I just commented Flicka. Thanks. But it's bodyboarder, not not bodybuilder. Ha ha! I lifted weights like 20 years ago, but I can't muster up the energy to do that anymore.

oceandrew Aug 18, 2019 12:28 PM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

I'm curious why anyone should be surprised at the sound of gunfire in this day and age. The US has more guns on the street than people. Like it or not they are everywhere and get used quite a lot. Them's the facts of life.

a-1568543344 Aug 19, 2019 02:57 PM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

OCEANDREW. Your post makes it sound like you think that's acceptable, for firearms to be "everywhere and get used quite a lot." But I know you're too smart to mean it that way.

Bodyboarder73 Aug 18, 2019 09:28 AM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

It’s creepy how the local media and websites don’t report these things. I heard a helicopter circling west Goleta for 3 hours last night from 9pm-12am. Maybe it was related. But I don’t know. I even posted a question here on this site asking about the helicopter circling for hours and it never even appeared.

Roger Aug 19, 2019 01:41 PM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

I would report it if I heard it there is another citizen reporter that does also but I did not see anything on his page about it either..

Ms.JBG Aug 18, 2019 09:14 AM
Disturbance by 101 and Patterson

We live on the opposite side of the 101 and heard the same at 9:17 last night. I wasn’t sure exactly where the sound came from or what it was, but thought it could be gunshots as well.