Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday title=

Photo: John Palminteri / KEYT

Update by edhat staff

Multiple armed suspects robbed a local jewelry store on Saturday during Fiesta weekend.

Roger the Scanner Guy reports the robbery took place around noon at Patco Jewelry on 316 East Haley Street.

The Santa Barbara Police Department is investigating the incident where jewelry and cash were stolen while employees and customers were inside.

There were no injuries reported and the suspects fled the scene.

The Santa Barbara Police Department has yet to release a public statement on the incident and the investigation is ongoing.

By Roger the Scanner Guy

Unknown location in the City of Santa Barbara, a jewelry store was robbed by two masked suspects.

SBWoman Aug 14, 2019 07:56 AM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

PATCO is an exemplary business; Pat, his wife, Andrew, Juan and crew our community’s finest. Reach Out. They were robbed at gunpoint. Everyone in the store was tied up, with gun held to Pat’s head to open the safe. Sounds like these thug robbers knew what they were doing and determined to leave with hundreds of thousands during Fiesta with police attention focused elsewhere at the time. Let’s hope for video cam that leads to identification, and detectives committed to finding these thugs for trial, conviction and sentencing.

Big mack Aug 04, 2019 09:52 AM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Two black males in, Ventura robbed a jewlery store of a million dollars in jewlery ( that's the amount the store owner said ) last week, too . Used the same method of robbery ( BMA's with scarfs over their faces ) in both cases in, Santa Barbara & Ventura . Sounds like the same ones .

a-1566747097 Aug 03, 2019 07:33 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Mr. Bryant was a true hero in every sense of the word. If you fire upon Mr. Bryant, you are gonna get your donut twisted!

Channelfog Aug 03, 2019 03:30 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Patco is great local biz, with wonderful people. Let us hope that they are well after going through this and please patronize their business. They do good work.

a-1566747097 Aug 04, 2019 11:20 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I agree. Patco is the only jewelry store my family and friends and I patronize. Let’s all go give them some business. I hope Pat and his staff are OK.

a-1566747097 Aug 03, 2019 02:18 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

The Palm says it was PATCO not Bryant. There is a pic of the cops outside Patco. I'm glad I didn't have any jewelry there waiting for repair!

a-1566747097 Aug 03, 2019 03:03 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

The references to Bryant were about a past jewelry heist that happened way back in the day. Nice cover robbing a place during Fiesta. These people will be caught soon. Way too many cops in town.

a-1566747097 Aug 03, 2019 02:17 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I think it was PATCO. They have to buzz you in and such I wonder how they got in? PATCo is such a great jeweler I'm sorry to hear this!

Roger Aug 03, 2019 12:47 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I wrote down what I heard three Black Male Adults with masks not scarfs over their faces, MASKS. Did not hear type of vehicle or weapons used.

a-1566747097 Aug 03, 2019 12:44 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Ol' Man Bryant would have given these pukes a face full of lead and sent them on their way to Hades.

a-1566747097 Aug 04, 2019 10:04 AM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

An armed society is a polite society. Sounds like you’d be comfortable with only criminals having guns.

Luvaduck Aug 04, 2019 07:06 AM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I don't avocate everyone walking around with a holster and six-gun (or assault weapon) but if "being armed" in a high-risk business or situation where you have already been victimized isn't "defending yourself", what is?

Roger Aug 03, 2019 03:56 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I was on a patio at Robinsons with a female co worker we were just about ready to smooch when suddenly we heard all these sirens and saw dozens of police cars fly by lights and sirens will that was that she walked away I never saw her again.

a-1566747097 Aug 03, 2019 03:06 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Did you bother to read the previous comments which referenced the robbery in the past? Hence, someone posted the old article.

Roger Aug 03, 2019 06:26 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Yea sure he was upstairs waiting there for months for the robbers to come back and rob him again, why do victims have to get robbed over and over again and not protect themselves.?

mattyboy Aug 03, 2019 02:42 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

So, who is wrong? The News-Press, Santa Barbara, CA SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 1981 Three armed men entered a Santa Barbara, Calif., jewelry store, ordered manager Steven Brooks and two customers to lie on the floor, and began smashing into display cases. When owner Robert Bryant, who saw the robbery on closed-circuit TV, started down a stairs to the show room, a robber fired on him. Bryant killed two robbers with his shotgun, but was wounded by the third man. At that point store manager Brooks pulled his own pistol and fatally wounded Bryant's attacker.

a-1566747097 Aug 03, 2019 02:32 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Kudos for killing? Bryant was armed and waiting for them to return. He wasn't defending himself.

Chili_con_ArtCarney Aug 03, 2019 01:59 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I was getting an ice cream at Thriftys across the street when that happened, heard and saw the aftermath. Kudos to Bryant.

Roger Aug 03, 2019 01:04 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I remember that day 1981 I never saw so many cops going through town at once..He did kill 2 and Steven Brooks the clerk got the other.

Roger Aug 03, 2019 12:33 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

I just heard it Patco on Haley street.. I'm not perfect and I aien't no journalist but I always try to get the information...

Roger Aug 03, 2019 12:13 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

If anyone knows where this robbery occurred please let us know so I can get out more info on the suspects.

Roger Aug 03, 2019 12:11 PM
Patco Jewelry Store Robbed Saturday

Robbery happened at a jewelry store 4 victims involved, 5 suspects three of which suspects BMA's with scarfs over their faces, taken was 15,000 in cash and a unknown amount of jewelry.