Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

A guy made fun of someone in the grocery line for paying for their food with food stamps then calls the police after the person after they said "They would be waiting outside for him."

michelealisa Mar 25, 2019 10:36 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Cash me ousside how bow dat? I would have been waiting for him outside for the dude that was bullied. what an idiot!! and a wuss!

Flicka Mar 25, 2019 10:30 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

ANDO43, Absolutely horrible that your mother had to use food stamps because her teacher's salary wasn't enough to live on. When in heavens name are we going to insist teachers get decent pay for the work they do educating our children.

Ando43 Mar 24, 2019 11:19 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Unfortunately I remember it being very embarrassing to use food stamps when i was a kid here in SB. My mom and I had to use them in the past on her single moms teacher salary, it sucked. I am so grateful for the help that was given to us during those times. If I ever saw someone making fun of someone in that situation I would be waiting outside. Have a great night all and be thankful for what you have and where you live.

a-1561601966 Mar 25, 2019 06:20 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Same here! We had food stamps, totally embarassing to me and my siblings, and it was rare that my mom would get treats for us, which I totally understand NOW. Who are the rest of us to judge anyways? I am less offended by food stamp "abuse" than my taxes constantly being used to bail out large banks.... Or that my taxes go towards the pay, and large liftime pensions, of politicians who aren't helping our country. As for this actual story, I LOVE it lol

ParvoPup Mar 24, 2019 06:29 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

I think the guy misread the Buyers intent about meeting you outside. Many folks on the SNAP program will meet you outside to sell you 20 bucks worth of EBT for 15 bucks. You get the 20 in food, they get the 15 cash for beer and smokes. It's called "Capitalism".

a-1561601966 Mar 24, 2019 06:55 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

SHOREBIRD, you don't, anymore. You find a fine establishment that runs a food stamp fraud scheme on the side. They run your foodstamps card for $20, then give you a lower amount back in cash.

Roger Mar 24, 2019 06:43 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

The price went up and it used to be 10. for 20. Not all of them do that it is mostly addicts without families. I have yet to see a family person sell their food card at all they need it for their families...

Roger Mar 26, 2019 05:44 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

That's funny here you were trying to kick the poor out but now your going would not want to be in a fox hole next to you, I'll stick with the poor anyday.

CoastWatch Mar 25, 2019 01:10 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

@Roger- waiting for wife to retire- then we (both Native Californians, are OUT! "Californians Against California"

pkww Mar 25, 2019 09:29 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

I found the source (usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/quality-of-life), and they give North Dakota the number one spot for quality of life. COASTWATCH if you leave now I'll meet you there.

GeneralTree Mar 24, 2019 09:04 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Alt right much? Look at the percentage of the population on the dole in the southern red States. Go live in Alabama for a few years and then report back to us.

macpuzl Mar 24, 2019 03:26 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

There are all too many people around who seem to resent working for a living, and feel that any aid given to people less fortunate than they are is somehow stolen from them. They don't seem to understand what civilization is. It's hard to tell whether they're jealous, narcissistic, lazy, or just plain stupid.

Roger Mar 24, 2019 04:48 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

If you pick on someone in the grocery store when they are buying food with foot stamps and you don't know them it's best to mind your own business if not You never know what you got the guy could have just killed someone for their food card. Don't blame anyone but yourself if you end up in their sandwich...

mattyboy Mar 24, 2019 03:46 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Pretty sure most people on edhat and in line at the grocery store work for a living. Some are gaming the system, and some aren't. But apparently that's bad to point out.

shorebird Mar 24, 2019 01:25 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

How could he tell that the person was paying with food stamps? Isn’t it like a credit card that gets periodically re-loaded with money?

a-1561601966 Mar 25, 2019 11:20 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Reminds me of the time the supermarket cashier called for a price check on a female personal hygiene product I purchased for my wife. lol

Abc109 Mar 25, 2019 11:09 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

And for the record, Mattyboy, I never "gamed the system" or sold my card or any number of ridiculous assumptions. I've worked and paid into "the system" since I was 14 years old. I am still near tears thinking how I truly needed the assistance, and would never have accepted it if not for needing to feed my young daughter. Your remarks are uninformed, tone deaf and deeply judgmental. I'd venture to say that the system has "gamed" you, because you clearly buy the Us Against Them narrative hook, line and sinker.

Abc109 Mar 25, 2019 11:00 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

I was on food stamps for three months a few years ago. Single mom, school full-time, worked part-time for $10/hour while my daughter was in kindergarten. Childcare cost more than what I earned per hour. I hated having to use it and was deeply embarrassed. I continued to qualify but stopped after 90 days. Yes, it looks like a credit card, but I can't tell you how many times the checkout person would purposefully call attention to it. "You have EBT so you get free bags", or say loudly "Oh the EBT button is down there" as if I didn't already know. It was mortifying. I don't know why checkout staff would do that on purpose, but they do. This may have been the case with this guy. Groceries really need to train their staff to be more discreet. It feels just terrible.

Roger Mar 24, 2019 04:53 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

So in your opinion people who are disabled are gaming the system and working class people are not..... funny the disabled were once working.

a-1561601966 Mar 24, 2019 03:46 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

MATTYBOY, maybe you are getting downvoted because you are misinformed. You cannot purchase alcohol with foodstamps.

Roger Mar 24, 2019 01:42 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Yea it's a card but they called it Food Stamps...It's not free either I actually posted this to give the ignorant a rise.

CoastWatch Mar 24, 2019 12:20 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

I'd venture to guess 20% of the once "Golden State of California" are living off the dole. They, (politicians prefer it that way). Most expensive State to live in and one of the poorest at the same time...

PitMix Mar 25, 2019 09:03 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Pure speculation on your part. How hard is it to google that information and at least pretend you have some facts?

Roger Mar 24, 2019 12:29 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Not all of us are wealthy or have trust funds and many have paid for the right to receive help when we need it. And as far as living somewhere cheaper no one asked me to leave town when they were paying my wages...

Pages