Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries title=
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

Source: Santa Barbara County Sheriff

At approximately 2:30 a.m. this morning, September 12, 2017, Sheriff’s deputies responded to a burglary in progress at the Montecito Pharmacy located in the 1400 block of East Valley Road. When Sheriff’s deputies arrived, they found the pharmacy had been broken into. Sheriff’s deputies with the assistance of a Sheriff’s K-9 team searched the building and surrounding area but did not locate the suspects.

A “Be on the Lookout” was sent to surrounding law enforcement agencies. The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office notified the Santa Barbara County Public Safety Dispatch Center that at approximately 1:30 a.m., Ojai Rexall Drugs located in the 1100 block of Maricopa Highway in Ojai had also been burglarized.

Sheriff’s deputies suspected the group may be headed north to commit more crimes. At approximately 4:30 a.m., a Sheriff’s deputy in Santa Ynez observed an Audi SUV enter the parking lot of the Star Drugs pharmacy located in the 3500 block of Madera Street. The vehicle then drove out of the parking lot and parked across the street in the post office parking lot. Due to the time of day and the recent pharmacy burglaries in Montecito and Ojai, the deputy made contact with the four male occupants of the vehicle.

Sheriff’s deputies searched the vehicle and located numerous bottles of prescription pills, a yellow crow bar and clothing that matched the description of clothing worn by the suspects in the Montecito and Ojai pharmacy burglaries.

26-year-old Deandre Smith, 21-year-old Joseph Smith, 20-year-old Eddie Smith and 23-year-old Alonnje Gary, all of Long Beach, were transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail and booked on charges of commercial burglary, conspiracy, receiving stolen property, possession of burglary tools and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. Joseph Smith was also booked on charges of loitering/prowling on private property. All four a re being held on $20,000 bail.

An investigation is underway to determine if the suspects are linked to similar crimes in our area and other jurisdictions. If you have any information regarding these suspects, these crimes or any other information that may assist investigators, you are asked to contact the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office at 805-683-2724 or to leave an anonymous call 805-681-4171. You can also go to http://www.sbsheriff.org/anonymoustips.html

a-1506061523 Sep 14, 2017 07:30 PM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

Why did you fill the prescription? If he was handing out bottles... Wow. I was a patient advocate for years, been interested in medicine, read up on most stuff out of personal interest. We need more advocates, and I hope patients with some health and energy can google their drugs! Good on you, Roger.

Roger Sep 14, 2017 04:24 PM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

Dr. Diaz gave me a hundred Oxy pills once before he got busted back then they were going for 20 bucks each I never sold them or took em and showed the sealed bottle to my doctor sometime after that they got ripped off out of my house by one of my neighbors. I wouldn't take that crap hate vicoden too..

yourfakereality Sep 14, 2017 12:11 PM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

I met one African/American gentleman who was kind enough to help me with the Sheriff's telephone system when I needed to get in touch with a bail bondsman - was in "H-13 South" with several other A A gentlemen also, and didn't see anyone that looked anything like the guy in the photo with extrimisanto bizarro hair cut. I suspect some of the really weird looking"mug shots" posted here are actually fabrications using software similar to or even actual "mug shot artist" software police use to help ID suspects.

Roger Sep 14, 2017 08:46 AM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

Is that a new hair style or something? Are the stylists in town up on that one yet? kinda looks like my hair when I wake up in the morning.

a-1506061523 Sep 13, 2017 05:54 PM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

Edhat really needs to start putting names underneath their mugshots. But damn, that dude looks doofy - you know which one I am talking about..

Flicka Sep 13, 2017 12:45 PM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

That one 2nd from R sure has an interesting "do". Glad these thieves were caught. So young to already be messing up their lives.

laughing Sep 13, 2017 11:17 AM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

T he Black market for Pharmaceutical opiates is now a major growth industry. Doesn't look like crime is going to pay off anytime soon for these master minds.

a-1506061523 Sep 14, 2017 07:27 PM
Four Arrested for Pharmacy Burglaries

I rarely comment on arrest stories, but this... a choice comment. But not nearly long or curly enough.