Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

An ostrich was stopping traffic on Highway 101 near Buellton Tuesday afternoon.

Just before 3:30 p.m., California Highway Patrol reported the ostrich was running in the roadway near the Santa Rosa Road offramp and was attempting to hop the center divider.

Animal Control is reportedly on scene as CHP attempts to control traffic near the Blueberry Farm.

Traffic was still backed up at 5:00 p.m.

mtndriver Sep 13, 2017 12:46 PM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

I would love to see a photo of this ostrich! But alas, no one seems to have one. What are these other posts about? I must be missing something.

tagdes Sep 13, 2017 04:31 PM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

It was a female Emu. As for the other comments... it's called thread jacking and pretty much the norm here.

a-1511442010 Sep 13, 2017 09:05 AM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

10 comments and not a single one that has any relevance whatsoever to the article/original post. What happened to the Nanny around here? The comments section is running amok these days!

a-1511442010 Sep 12, 2017 10:28 PM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

obviously, citing post numbers doesn't work, or at least not while one is logged in to Edhat. Main point? Edhat community has been there, done that. Correcting typos is just not worth it, especially when most people use smart phones. If it's a matter of meaning, that may be different -- still rarely worth addressing. I just want, on Edhat, space between paragraphs. --a copy editor

a-1511442010 Sep 12, 2017 10:28 PM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

obviously, citing post numbers doesn't work, or at least not while one is logged in to Edhat. Main point? Edhat community has been there, done that. Correcting typos is just not worth it, especially when most people use smart phones. If it's a matter of meaning, that may be different -- still rarely worth addressing. I just want, on Edhat, space between paragraphs. sorry probable double post..... --a copy editor

NostraChumash Sep 12, 2017 06:04 PM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

Speaking of animal welfare; If you know a dog-walker about 30 yrs old, 5' 10" with a beard who was walking Cabrillo blvd at 5:45 with; blk poodle, pit-bull type, German shepard & a couple others... I just saw him kick your dog in the chest for following too closely (he said; "Then back the F up dude" ) He then walked 20 more yards, stopped the possession & slapped your shepard in the face. I will testify.

Sbnative56 Sep 18, 2017 10:35 AM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

HI I am contacting you about your observation and I feel I know who you are talking about. watch this and tell me if this is the guy you saw ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq6-r0zIdDI

MountainMan4865 Sep 12, 2017 07:45 PM
Ostrich on Highway 101 in Buellton

Thank you for this post! I walk my own dog, but if someone I trusted my dog to was abusive to them, I would SO want to know. This is what community is about.