Scanner Reports 2-15-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I heard this Code: 415 (Disturbance) call the other day at Little Caesars on Milpas, it involved two homeless males. I did not catch the whole call but it was enough of a commotion for the manager to call and want contact maybe even file charges against the males, they were harassing customers. I used to go there a lot, I can't anymore because of my stomach but when I went there was usually a couple people sitting on the step in front of H&R Block panhandling. I never had any problem with them and neither did Little Caesars at the time as I mentioned them once wondering if Little Caesars had a problem with the panhandlers, they did not so these guys the other day must have really raised some hell for the store to want contact on the call or to consider filing a complaint. The males were no longer on the scene but were reported last seen walking South on Milpas, police caught up to them in the Milpas Underpass. I just happened to need a new hot plate so I took a walk, the police were talking with the subjects as I walked by both of them were laughing and joking with the police. The police were not laughing or joking with them, it seemed like both of these fine upstanding guys who everyone is paranoid of, thought the whole incident was funny. One of them was taken into custody that made me laugh. Not all Homeless Folks are trouble most are pretty mellow, but once in a while someone who likes to rock the boat and make waves shows up and those are the Troublemakers.
I know these other folks, a married couple, they told me a few years back almost 10 years ago now they were walking through the square there in the 700 Block of State street going to a movie. These people hit them up for money, they said "No" and both were beaten so bad they ended up in the hospital. The Husband almost lost his sight, the attackers got a slap on the wrist. Having seen and experienced some of it for myself the older you get the easier prey you are for Thugs. I believe alot of the stories of harassment I hear occurring around town. I believe in helping the Homeless but if there is no law and order within the community, and other citizens are expected to pick up the slack, forget it. There are Laws here and we are all expected to follow those Laws if some are unwilling to do that then they should expect what they have coming to them. It doesn't include camping because the homeless have nowhere to go otherwise they would not be called "Homeless." Other things besides that we all have to follow the law or except the Consequences.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Highway 166 at Highway 33 Live wires down power poles down also on highway 166, 3 miles East of Highway 33.
- Vandalism investigation 100 Block of West Anapamu.
- 415 Transient near the covered area 209 State street Amtrak.
- Illegal campers Santa Barbara at Montecito streets.
- Subject with a felony warrant 400 Block of West Victoria.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle recovery 5900 Block of Calle Real.
- Cable wires down 1800 Block of Sunset.
- 459 Burglary to a residence on Via Los Padres.
- Suspicious circumstances 200 Block of West Alamar.
- 242 Assault 600 Block of Wentworth near Ortega.
- Med Call man down 700 Block of East Haley.
- Med call unresponsive subject in the bathroom at the library possible overdose.
- Bicyclist down 400 Block of East Yanonali.
- Theft Investigation 300 Block of South Canada.
- A transient issue at the Biltmore 1260 Channel Drive.
- At the Salvation Army in the 4800 Block of Hollister a Mother says a male put his hand on her child in an in an inappropriate manner.
- 415 Domestic 800 Block of North Sapsitudes.
- Road Rage First Block of North Milpas in the Little Caesars, H&R Shopping center there.
- 242, and possible 417 Assault and Brandishing victim was assaulted and pulled a knife on the suspect 1100 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Suspicious subjects gathering items at REI reporting party thought they were going to steal.
- Embezzlement investigation in the 400 Block of State street.
- 273pc Child Abuse 1400 Block of San Pasqual.
- Transient refusing to leave in the 500 Block of East Guiterrez.
- Med Call on Bus 2 at MTD 1020 Chapala street.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- 415 Transient 200 Block of West Montecito.
- 415 Subject in the 1100 Block of State street.
- Subject with a flashlight near a vehicle 200 Block of Sherwood possibly prowling.
- Suspicious circumstances 800 Block of Park Lane West reporting party heard someone saying "You're going to Die." It turned out to be someone speaking to an electrician who was working during the morning rain.
- Domestic violence 1000 Block of East Yanonali "No DIVERT it's raining the Domestic Intervention Violence Education Response Team Don't go out in the rain they don't like getting wet call back tomorrow when the Sun is out."
- 800 Block of West Pedregosa suspicious circumstances.
- Premises check the Church Warming Center 21 East Constance.
- Possible burglary in the 1900 Block of Garden street to a home that was being fumigated.
- Hotel California Fire Alarms no fire 100 Block of State street.
- Check the Welfare of a transient passed out in McDonalds 3940 State street.
- Burglary to a vehicle in the 300 Block of West Anapamu.
- North County Pursuit with a black Honda Did not hear why but they were caught I was in the other room.
- Fall victim Paseo Nuevo Upper level near the managers office.
- Traffic Accident highway 101 North Bound near Pueblo.
- Med Call MTD 1020 Chapala possible overdose.
- 459 Burglary investigation 400 Block of North La Cumbre.
- Med Call Subject down behind an address in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Suspicious circumstances Far West Gun Shop in the 2000 Block of State street that place has been there along, long time.
- 415 Transient in the 200 Block of Santa Barbara street BMA wearing dark clothing.
Boy some people think it's ok to harass others and break the law just because they are homeless. I see why residents are pissed off. I know most of the posts on one threat are troll posts but it's SNOT OK that people don't feel safe going downtown, seems like people will use every excuse to justify some of the homeless acting out and breaking the law while there are REAL HOMELESS PEOPLE out there that need help and want it but are too afraid to ask because they too are victims of Transient Thugs just looking for a free ride.. Will that is all outta me for now Have a Lovely Weekend...Peter Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina Midnight, Merlin, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE! Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Debbie, Ken, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle,Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger