Drone Over Goleta? title=
By an edhat reader
2:30 p.m., January 10, 2019

Does anyone else see that drone or UFO above Goleta, what's up?

Photo and video provided by an edhat reader

BullseyeB Jan 14, 2019 07:43 AM

Me too, PurpleBee, me too. :-(

pstarSR Jan 13, 2019 06:18 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

drone over goleta? that looks like the ocean to me

tagdes Jan 13, 2019 04:57 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Definitely not a UFO, the Skunk Works only send them out of Area 51 at night. Gotta go with John on this one...looks like the new Goodyear blue along the side and end even though it doesn't match their published itinerary. The one Mountain man saw could likely be the Carnival one showing people the Channel Islands Natl. Park and Catalina Island as Catalina is now a cruise destination.

tiny Jan 13, 2019 12:07 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Looks like partial view of the back and side of a Blimp.

a-1547990177 Jan 12, 2019 11:00 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Yahoo! Picture and Video are posted. I still have no clue to what it is but do they make drones that big? I never knew but I am sure they do these days. Hope someone can answer the question now.

a-1547990177 Jan 12, 2019 10:59 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Looks like a blimp to me.

John Wiley Jan 12, 2019 09:50 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

FlightAware's track shows the 10th Goodyear N2A left Santa Maria about 9am flying about 60mph passing due South of Hope Ranch a little after 10am about halfway across the Channel while climbing from 1200 feet up to 2300 feet, arriving in Compton about 11:30am. Since it was on a roughly SW track, if you were seeing it directly off Shoreline Park it would've been much farther away. The new paint scheme is silver with a full length wide dark blue band.

EastBeach Jan 13, 2019 11:32 AM
Drone Over Goleta?

Great idea checking FlightAware!

StuckOnBathSt Jan 12, 2019 10:37 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Thank you John. This sounds like what I saw at Hendrys. It did look blimpish in shape.

a-1547990177 Jan 12, 2019 06:31 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

A good pair of binoculars will set you back about $300. I suggest if you're sighting flying objects that you invest in binocs and maybe get a better look.

a-1547990177 Jan 12, 2019 11:31 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Dude, if that was the Carnival Airship you should read about their contest!

StuckOnBathSt Jan 12, 2019 08:44 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

This comment doesn't make any sense. I wasn't at the beach looking for flying objects nor do I go to the beach to look for UFOs. I saw something that I never saw before. Why would I buy binoculars to look for something I wasn't looking for to get a better look?

therealbeanz Jan 12, 2019 08:08 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

I was enjoying Shoreline walking my dogs on a beautful day. I hope you feel better, get well soon!

MountainMan4865 Jan 12, 2019 05:20 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

We watched a blimp, from Painted Cave, travel East to West waaaaay out over the Channel - where the shipping lanes are... but that was about a week ago.

macpuzl Jan 12, 2019 11:17 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

The earlier airship might have been the one from Carnival Cruise Lines: ====================================================== https://carnival-news.com/2018/12/10/back-by-popular-demand-carnival-airship-to-make-west-coast-debut-during-month-long-tour-of-california/

MountainMan4865 Jan 12, 2019 05:20 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

At least it looked like a blimp from here... but thought it was strange.

Z Jan 12, 2019 03:41 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Its's not a UFO. It's a common flying saucer, frizbeesus aliensis. Probably on a Navy contracted cloud-seeding mission. The normal chem-trail generators are out of commission until the partial government shutdown is resolved

StuckOnBathSt Jan 12, 2019 01:55 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

I saw it too on Thursday morning about 10:00 am. I was sitting on the rocks in front of the restaurant at Hendrys. I thought it might be a drone but it looked too big but honestly I couldn't really tell how far away it was or how big it was. It didn't move much but seemed to hover and then it disappeared into a dark skinny cloud on the horizon over the water. So I really have no idea what it was but the picture and video are what I saw.

Rinconer Jan 11, 2019 07:46 AM
Drone Over Goleta?

Edhat comments are photo free

Ahchooo Jan 11, 2019 07:44 AM
Drone Over Goleta?

Somebody, please share a photo or video. I saw interesting clouds, but I'm curious to see what this is about.

a-1547990177 Jan 12, 2019 02:18 AM
Drone Over Goleta?

It seems to be patience or don't bother. This is not, I think, the first job of anyone in Edhat site administration. I accept that. I appreciate your desire to share pics; I will look at them!

therealbeanz Jan 12, 2019 12:32 AM
Drone Over Goleta?

I have sent twice to that email and also submitted on the webform

a-1547990177 Jan 11, 2019 10:52 PM

Yes, you can send videos and photos to ed@edhat.com

a-1547990177 Jan 11, 2019 10:52 PM

Yes, you can send videos and photos to ed@edhat.com

therealbeanz Jan 11, 2019 01:49 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

I sent a photo to Edhat. I am not sure if it’s posted somewhere. Can I start my own thread with pictures on edhat?

therealbeanz Jan 10, 2019 08:22 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

I saw it at Shorline park over the ocean. It was to big to be a drone and not a blimp. I have pics and video, there were others in shock too.

therealbeanz Jan 10, 2019 10:25 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

I have submitted pic but it doesn’t allow for videos to be sent. I hope this thread becomes popular as I spoke to a few others at shoreline that took pic too. Maybe there’s are a bit better.

a-1547990177 Jan 10, 2019 09:23 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

There is a submit news tab you could try

a-1547990177 Jan 10, 2019 09:20 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Send your video to Ed and it'll be posted. Also only click send once and then refresh so you see your post.

therealbeanz Jan 10, 2019 09:05 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Where do I post pic/video? In the comments? I don’t see an option.

sacjon Jan 10, 2019 08:35 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

THEREALBEANZ - please post the photo and video if you can.

macpuzl Jan 10, 2019 05:15 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

Probably just the "thunderbolt cloud" over Goleta that is on Noozhawk. Hyperventilating about aircraft contrails again.

a-1547990177 Jan 10, 2019 04:10 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

What did it look like? Size? Location? Color? Etc? Dare I ask.... photo?

LocalMatt Jan 10, 2019 03:27 PM
Drone Over Goleta?

It must be the size Uranus! Great Scott!everyone run!!