Cox Email Not Working?

By an edhat reader

Cox email hasn't been working since about midnight last night here. Others affected? Tech support said it would be resolved quickly, but already 8 hours, not so quick. Hope there has not been a security breach.

sbloc93111 Nov 09, 2018 07:49 AM
Cox Email Not Working?

Constantly having email problems with Cox, they are the worst. If I had not owned my email address for 18 plus years I would drop them as an email service provider!! Absolute worst!!!!!

a-1542364014 Nov 11, 2018 06:00 AM
Cox Email Not Working?

nasty tone, but wholly true. ---------------------------------------------------------- I got the message too. Updated it so I can use it as forgotten, hopefully never used alternative. Yeah, I'm a Google slave, but gMail is a good service.

SantaBarbaraObserver Nov 09, 2018 08:27 AM
Cox Email Not Working?

Um, hate to break it to you but you dont own it if you're relying on them to provide you with the service. Buy your own domain and server and run your own email. Then you can truly own your email. Simply sign up for any one of the hundreds of web based email providers and spend a little time migrating. All normal stuff in the age of the internet. Or you could just complain about things you dont control or understand... Your choice!

mtndriver Nov 08, 2018 01:48 PM
Cox Email Not Working?

Original poster here. Same situation as Resident, a few messages came through around 9am but not ones from overnight. But now seems to be working okay, all the things I was expecting have arrived. Not related to anything MP805 mentioned. I would be careful with a message like that. If it's true you haven't used an address in 150 days, might want to log on and check to see what's there.... Since the note asked you to manually enter the Cox webmail address, it doesn't seem suspicious. I never click on a link in an email like that, always manually enter the address. So many scams out there!

mp805 Nov 08, 2018 01:38 PM
Cox Email Not Working?

Great advice PXN, Ive checked the email address and its consistent with every email I get from cox.

pxn Nov 08, 2018 11:56 AM
Cox Email Not Working?

Do be cautious about messages that say you need to update your account -- check the email reply address carefully! Lots of hacking attempts use this scam to get your log-in credentials. Cox, banks, credit card companies, etc. If you have been using your account, and this is not accurate, call the company. Don't reply.

mp805 Nov 08, 2018 11:10 AM
Cox Email Not Working?

I recently received an email from cox cable saying that the company was going to start cleaning up their system and emails. Copy and pasted email below...I wonder if this has anything to do with your situation. Dear Cox Customer, We noticed that you haven't signed into the following Cox.net email account(s) in the past 150 days: • ********@cox.net As part of maintenance, we evaluate email activity to optimize our support systems and because you haven’t signed in to check email recently, your account has been flagged as “inactive”. Unless you take action, your email account and all messages, contacts and data contained in it will be deleted on November 25th, 2018. Once an account is deleted the content can no longer be recovered. If you no longer need this email account, no action is required. If you want to keep your email account, simply sign into the Cox.net email account(s) you wish to retain before the deadline above. To access your Cox Email, type the following URL into your web browser: webmail.cox.net. Thank you for being a valued Cox customer! Sincerely, Cox Communications

Resident Nov 08, 2018 09:34 AM
Cox Email Not Working?

I am having the same problem. Some e-mails have started coming through but messages sent before early this AM are still among the missing. I certainly hope that Cox can fix their problem.