Montecito Woman Struck and Killed by Train

Update by the Edhat Staff
10:20 a.m., August 22, 2017

Authorities have released the name of the woman who was struck and killed by a train in Montecito on Saturday.

Around 3:30 p.m. near Butterfly Lane, 62-year-old Montecito resident Elaine Enick was walking along the train tracks when she was hit by the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner heading northbound.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department is investigating.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
3:44 p.m., August 19, 2017

Roger reports hearing radio transmissions about a possible person versus train incident in the Montecito Area.

Sprigofsage Aug 24, 2017 07:00 AM
Montecito Woman Struck and Killed by Train

Mercy this corridor of railway sure has seen a lot of deaths. I too feel for the engineers. I bet their stomach turns to knots when they get this route.

Roger Aug 23, 2017 08:17 PM
Montecito Woman Struck and Killed by Train

I heard the Engineer say he wanted to be alone for a few minutes after the incident. It's sad but there is nothing they can do about it, it's one of those jobs you love and hate the things you hate you have no control over like someone with a weapon advancing on a cop with a gun...

a-1511441196 Aug 23, 2017 06:42 AM
Montecito Woman Struck and Killed by Train

That's so sad. Really terrible thing to do to the poor train engineer and the other people on the train. Better ways to leave the planet.

Flicka Aug 22, 2017 01:48 PM
Montecito Woman Struck and Killed by Train

Surely there is another way to commit suicide. The poor train engineer is traumatized when he blows and blows his whistle and people let him kill them. There have been several here in Carpinteria over the years. RIP Ms. Enick. So sad to feel there is nothing worth living for.

Roger Aug 21, 2017 08:58 PM
Montecito Woman Struck and Killed by Train

She wasn't a street person she was a well known resident of Montecito...I have been saying Take the train for 20 years I have known many of those who have taken the train I saw one it was very sad I don't go down there anymore when I know what happened...

Roger Aug 19, 2017 03:50 PM
Montecito Woman Struck and Killed by Train

They beat me to it but confirmed through another news source. It's near Butterfly Lane weird earlier there was a report of a guy half dressed near the tracks...SBPD showed up got the guy away from the tracks talked to him was code 4....