Line at HomeGoods?

Line at HomeGoods? title=
Line at HomeGoods?

By an edhat reader

Just drove by Home Goods in Goleta (I was a passenger don’t worry) and we saw a really long line of people lining up even though the sign says “opening Sunday”. Right now it’s Friday at 4pm. What’s up?

a-1537781082 Aug 18, 2018 09:09 PM
Line at HomeGoods?

All the damaged boxes and scratched goods will all be on sale for half off on Monday. Lol

a-1537781082 Aug 18, 2018 10:33 AM
Line at HomeGoods?

These were probably people who were already customers from other stores or online ordering. Personally, I'm really disappointed that the deal fell through with Dick's. No good places to get decent sporting goods anymore.

Flicka Aug 18, 2018 08:57 AM
Line at HomeGoods?

A "soft opening", what a term! I wonder how they let these people know about it. We got a set of bed sheets yesterday that my husband ordered online, much more satisfying than standing in a line.

a-1537781082 Aug 18, 2018 08:33 AM
Line at HomeGoods?

LOL, this is nothing compared to the tramplings on black friday. Do people think that there will be nothing left after the store opens? I am going to Costco today - if I see them, I'll ask them and report back.

a-1537781082 Aug 17, 2018 11:20 PM
Line at HomeGoods?

Had to laugh upon hearing a radio commercial about this place opening in Go let a. LOL

a-1537781082 Aug 17, 2018 11:06 PM
Line at HomeGoods?

Honestly, I think people get paid to do that. I know I have way better/more important things to spend my time on than standing in line for hours for placemats, bedding, and... stuff, that is sold at every other chain 'home decor' store.

420722 Aug 17, 2018 08:55 PM
Line at HomeGoods?

If I were as close as you were to the people waiting in line I’d of just stopped the car and asked one of them.

shorebird Aug 17, 2018 07:48 PM
Line at HomeGoods?

I saw that too. those people must have industrial stregth bladder control. Are they giving away free stuff to the first (enter number here) shoppers?

Kcottrell Aug 17, 2018 07:16 PM
Line at HomeGoods?

I’d say they were just nuts, but honestly they don’t look like they’re there to camp out for 2 days. Is there some kind of pre-opening thing? Maybe they’re crazy!