Possible Animal Abuse

Possible animal abuse. Call to check the welfare of a dog being beaten by a male in the 1700 Block of Del Norte, SBSO responding.

biguglystick Aug 17, 2018 01:10 PM
Possible Animal Abuse

Nothing hurts my heart more than animal abuse. They are so innocent, completely at our mercy. Disgusting. If I had seen this I wouldn't be able to hold myself back. That poor dog. I hope this P.O.S. gets his.

larryq Aug 17, 2018 01:23 PM
Possible Animal Abuse

A good wack upside the head with a big ugly stick would be good.

Roger Aug 17, 2018 11:26 AM
Possible Animal Abuse

What I actually heard was an address on the block of Del Norte 1700 Block but since it was an SBSO Channel could have been any town in the county.

eainca Aug 17, 2018 07:11 AM
Possible Animal Abuse

There is no 1700 block of del Norte. There is a Calle del Norte in a trailer park in Goleta but I do not know the numbers.

Roger Aug 16, 2018 09:40 PM
Possible Animal Abuse

Will if the witness stood by but many times they are afraid.

mr nice guy Aug 16, 2018 09:20 PM
Possible Animal Abuse

I hope County animal control responds and gets the guy. So sad for the dog. Chances are they won’t get the guy, their response times aren’t good. The county only has one officer responding to calls on the south coast at any given time during the day. After hours calls are worse, they dispatch an officer from Santa Maria and it usually takes about 2hrs to respond for an emergency. Not good for our community and a total waste of our taxpayers money. Poor dog...

a-1537782416 Aug 20, 2018 08:14 PM
Possible Animal Abuse

Where do you get your information? SB County shelter here, on Overpass Rd., has several officers. But yes, if the one on-call lives in north County, that's the one who has to respond. Last I knew 2 of 3 lived in SB area. Only one officer at any given time during the day? WRONG. Each shelter, SB, Lompoc and Santa Maria, has at least three officers, as does SB City Animal Control, a branch of the Police Dept. 2-3 are regularly on duty in each area. Each shelter has an on-call officer for night duty.

Roger Aug 16, 2018 08:24 PM
Possible Animal Abuse

All I heard right after this call went out Fire...