By an edhat reader

We are looking for a dependable, honest person to do house/pet sitting. We leave town occasionally, and are unable to take our dog with us. We are looking for someone we can trust to stay with our pet in our house and feed and walk our small dog for several days at a time.

Blondin Aug 15, 2018 10:32 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Hello, We have been housesitting since 2009. We have a profile with Trusted Housesitter which does a background check for all its members. Our goal is a long-term housesit (2-3 months) but we will entertain all offers. We lived in Carlsbad, CA, for a dozen years, and are currently housesitting in Santa Cruz, CA. We want to explore Santa Barbara. You can read more about us here: Talesup.com Best Regards, Betsy and Mark Blondin

Tootie Aug 02, 2018 11:18 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

I also recommend Laurie McDonald, even though she is my sister-in-law, she has pet/house sat for us many times over the years. Our dogs are always are super excited to see her .... and that's a good sign! :-)

EmSantaBarbara Aug 02, 2018 10:27 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Kori is wonderful. She is young, active and very responsible. She house sits my dog every month or so. Always punctual and sends updates often. I'd highly recommend. 805-451-2268 :)

tommy Aug 02, 2018 07:58 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

We recommend , Laurie McDonald from Rover. She specializes in small dogs, but we have two 60+ pound dogs who love her, and visa versa. Our home looks better when we return that when we leave.

Flicka Aug 02, 2018 05:59 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

I had no idea there were so many options. This was certainly the right place to ask the question. Good luck.

a-1537785043 Aug 02, 2018 12:51 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Sheryl Bower. A soft-spoken, lovely woman who has been pet-sitting for decades in Santa Barbara. I believe her rates are extremely reasonable. I think if you hire from any agency you will pay more (as with hiring a house painter but then the contractor has to get his cut, too). (805) 898-0607

Lainamalm Aug 01, 2018 06:43 PM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Santa Barbara Dog Jog has been in business for over 3 years with dozens of positive reviews for housesitting and dog walking. They send you pictures several times an day of your furry friend and take them to the beach or hikeing once a day along with their regular walks. I highly recommend! www.sbdogjog.com ;-)

a-1537785043 Aug 01, 2018 04:59 PM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Excellent experience with The Pets Pal and Pet Angels (same owners), they have been looking after ours for a long time, always perfect experience. Tell Raphael and Sylvie that we send you. Also check their Yelp results, outstanding.

a-1537785043 Aug 01, 2018 01:13 PM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Snoopy's pet sitting - I used them for my cat, but I believe they also do dogs. They can be a bit delayish in responding but they were punctual and careful when it came time for the sitting dates. Your vet may also have references.

PitMix Aug 01, 2018 11:18 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Pawsitive Pet Sitting - search on Facebook or her website pawsitivepetsittingsb (dot)com

gunther Aug 01, 2018 10:43 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

Check in with Maria who works at the Bird & Cat Clinic. She’s a wonderful person and animals absolutely love her.

CarlsMae Aug 01, 2018 10:16 AM
House/Pet Sitter Recommendation

I'd suggest you check out Rover.com. They have multiple background checked and insured sitters, ranging from 'hobby sitters' who have other jobs and commitments, to serious sitters who make their living by caring for other people's pets. Each sitter is independent, so I would recommend you interview multiple in order to find the right fit!