Internet Slow in Goleta

By an edhat reader

My internet on my phone and somewhat on my laptop is super slow. Friends are commenting the same. Can't send images over phone. This is in Goleta, from Turnpike to Ellwood. Anyone else?

ljmdance Jul 12, 2018 04:52 PM
Internet Slow in Goleta

Yes! I've been annoyed & frustrated especially the past week, and last night finally called tech support. Of course, after resetting my modem & telling me there's no trouble on their end, they told me to buy a new router. Maybe they're right, but it seems that every time I have any end-user issues they tell me it's not on their end and that should "try buying a new modem or router or..."

a-1531979760 Jul 12, 2018 01:55 PM
Internet Slow in Goleta

Yes. That whopping big $3.50 credit. When they offer you that $3.50 say you are paying to have internet and you don't think $3.50 is a reasonable rebate. That may get you $7.00. Have fun. Oh, and save yourself time: at the outset ask for "the loyalty department." That's who will fulfill your rebate request.

Luvaduck Jul 12, 2018 08:28 AM
Internet Slow in Goleta

Bought & payed-for politicians handed the internet to Cox, Comcast and a few "big boys". Expect gradual slow-downs--they don't want to upset us enough for everyone to rally and stop their part of the corporate take-over steadily eroding the non-billionaire public's health, happiness and prospects for years. It went on overdrive with this "business-friendly" (translation: business -owned) regime under the guise of change for the better. Clever of them. A lot of ignorant people out there.

REDTOP Jul 12, 2018 08:10 AM
Internet Slow in Goleta

We’re in downtown Santa Barbara and have been experiencing irregular levels of Cox internet service for 20 years. Seriously! But, lately it seems to be getting worse. We call and complain but often just reach a recording which says that there is some kind of problem in our area which is being resolved. We are really fed up with Cox along with many, many others! I think a lot of us are going to have to speak before the City Council to get rid of this monopoly.

Concerned4Calif Jul 12, 2018 07:48 AM
Internet Slow in Goleta

Our cox cable turned on and off several times during the first hours of the Holiday fire. I presume either transformers or other equipment was affected.

John Swepston Jul 11, 2018 10:57 PM
Internet Slow in Goleta

Could it be net neutrality? Don't know just asking

pstarSR Jul 11, 2018 06:52 PM
Internet Slow in Goleta

always call and complain, they will adjust the HUGHLY INFLATED bill! if you are not getting the service you paid for, you should always call.

a-1531979760 Jul 11, 2018 12:00 PM
Internet Slow in Goleta

Hollister/Puente, my Cox internet service has been very very slow, off and on, for about 3 weeks. Annoying.

a-1531979760 Jul 11, 2018 11:59 AM
Internet Slow in Goleta

Call and complain and get a bill credit! Nothing will get better if everyone just lets it slide. Especially with Cox being monopoly in the area.

a-1531979760 Jul 11, 2018 11:48 AM
Internet Slow in Goleta

I noticed my Cox service was super slow yesterday evening/night.