Scanner Reports 6-22-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
If you were on foot with no vehicle and could not get around so well, what part of town would you like to live in and why? Being a lover of Food myself I'm thinking somewhere near a Santa Cruz Market. I think it's for their produce or maybe for the memories of all the rotisserie chickens I bought from the Market before Santa Cruz Market. Santa Cruz Market, you can go in there with a couple bucks and come out with a meal, a box of Mac n Cheese, a vegetable, and baked potato, gotta bake it yourself and cook the rest but a couple bucks is a couple bucks especially when you are broke.
Either Neighborhood would be ok too: Old Town Goleta, or Lower West Side both have Santa Cruz Markets. Not too far away from the Lower West Side is Lillys, and RoCo then Smart and Final, the .99 Cent Store Downtown Santa Barbara. Old Town Goleta the original Habit, Wendys, Goleta Community Center. I don't know if they have thrift stores there anymore but they are always nice too. I have not even begun to look for another place I think my neighbors and I are in limbo on this, we don't want to go, we don't want to be split up, We Are Family. But they aren't my Sisters and Me. We still don't know what is going on either. We all Love this place it's like a small community though we are on Milpas between the freeway and tracks, once up the driveway it's like another place. I would not mind living near a restaurant formerly known as I-Hop either, stacks of pancakes smothered with butter and syrup dancing in my mind, Strawberries, and Blueberries yumyumyum.
When I go into Santa Cruz market and see and smell their produce it reminds me of the fruit truck that used to show up at my Grandparents house when I was a kid, like a fresh fruit cocktail cherries, bananas, grapes, oranges, peaches, nectarines, pineapples, pears, apples, watermelons, cantaloupes, strawberries, blueberries, their aromas all mixed together. Got myself on food fantasies now, the crap I have in the Fridge is no comparison to whats going through my mind.
Last night I went to bed late reading my latest AARP magazine about Willie Nelson then some Spiritual stuff fell asleep late probably around Midnight at 4:18am on the nose the Train coming thru town hit the horn and blew me outta bed that. Freight Train is Better than any Alarm Clock I have ever had there is no reaching over and turning it off it blows through town after all the years it's not a rude awakening but an old friend saying Hello. Time to wake up here is your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- First thing I heard WEDnesday Morning was a responder say "I think I found the point of impact there is Body parts over here....Excuse me I mean vehicle body parts." Concerning an accident near Hope Ave and Calle Real.
- There was a Semi Truck accident in the Garden street Underpass and fuel spill. Non injury accident.
- 415 Domestic Cathedral Oaks subject screaming at a female.
- Vandalism investigation 1300 Block of San Pasqual.
- Report of a male walking around Our Lady of Sorrows with his pants down 21 East Sola.
- 415 Homeless subject disturbing at First Garden street.
- 415 Domestic Aunt assaulted Neice 1000 Block of East Mason.
- 415 Between Brothers 1900 Block of Castillo 242 Assault.
- 602pc Trespassing 200 Block of West Haley.
- "Yeller, Spitter" A female yelled at the reporting party and spit on them Castillo at Ortega.
- 415 Homeless subject panhandling in traffic Castillo at Montecito.
- Possible 10851 Stolen vehicle on Ward Drive.
- 187 Murder Threats 1200 Block of Coast Village Circle a subject was going to kill employees of a business due to lack of help during the Thomas Fire.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 1400 Block of State street last seen East on Micheltorena possible 23152 awhile later same description vehicle hit something in front of the CHP Offices in Goleta 170 South Patterson grey Honda I did not hear what was hit there Part plate California "7FD".
- Keep the Peace for a subject who needs to pick up his tools 200 Block of West Anapamu.
- Vehicle Accident vehicle vs pole Brown Road West of Highway one in Santa Maria.
- 415 Argument over a non injury accident and possible DUI 2900 Block of State street.
- Injury Accident Foothill at Duncan Road.
- DUI Gold Cadillac Southbound on DLV from Mission Odor of Marijuana Possible DUI.
- Reporting Party sees his stolen bicycle in the 400 Block of East Yanonali with a subject on it BMA wearing khaki pants at the Labor Line.
- SBPD on a pedestrian in the 800 Block of Cacique.
- Hazardous investigation BBQ Pit near the Playground over flowing ash.
- 415 Fight 10 Subjects injuries 100 Block of Oceano.
- Report of a subject jumping in traffic on Yanonali near Garden street.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Highway 101 Northbound North of El Capitan Ranch non injury hit and run.
- Suicidal Subject in the area of 1800 San Pascual
- Suspicious circumstances BFA waving 6-8 inch knife in the air walking South from the 1500 Block of San Andres.
- Highway 135 at Lake View vehicle accident.
- 1800 Block of Ridgewood Medical call unknown type.
- Premise Check 200 Block of South Milpas street 76 Station.
- 1144 Deceased subject found on a front Porch 100 Block of Nopalitos.
- Female suffering NBD at Goleta Beach.
- Structure Fire 600 Block of Storke Road.
- Check the Welfare of a female down on a sidewalk 414 Anacapa street.
- 415 Domestic 273.5 Domestic violence male chasing female 3800 Block of State street near Vons. When police got there male tried to duck into Vons but they got him the female was found near La Cumbre and Calle Real. Not sure what happened after that.
- 2500 Borton Drive a male dragging an older female across a driveway police responded code 3 female down in the driveway unresponsive Medics requested
- Premises check Rancheria at Coronel.
- Suspicious circumstances 400 Block of Harmony Lane.
- Small brush fire Highway 101 Southbound La Cumbre offramp.
- Subject on bridge 160 South La Cumbre pulling off his clothing I heard no more about that.- Candy Thief 115 South La Cumbre male in his 70's annoying customers and stealing candy.
- Check the Welfare of a subject who missed a doctors appointment yesterday and is not answering his phone 1200 Block of Bath street.
- Marina 3 Bathrooms naked female possible head injury Medics requested.
- 415 Subjects disturbing at Storke and Hollister.- 415 Son 400 Block of Coronel Disturbing
- 415 Possibly Domestic 1200 Block of Quinientos glass heard breaking, children crying, dogs barking. possible dog fight.
- Medical call unknown type County Jail 4436 Calle Real
I saw something kinda strange when I was walking home from Rite Aide on Thursday a guy walking on the other side of the street totally fixated on a homeless female a few feet in front of me he suddenly darted across street under the Milpas Underpass in heavy traffic staring at her the entire time and he looked very angry as if he was going to attack her just before he got to her he turned and walked North up Milpas it was very strange. His face was dark red as if he was on heavy meds just another happy customer in the HOOD I guess. Not too worried about the gal she hangs out with several guys they were across the street at the time and did not see what this guy did but had she screamed I'm sure they would have ended his ass quick. That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm sticking to them....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tom Cat, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, Poncho, Jerry, Fish Head One, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Pat, Mavis, Marty, Cop John, Bengy, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger