By Roger the Scanner Guy

If you were on foot with no vehicle and could not get around so well, what part of town would you like to live in and why? Being a lover of Food myself I'm thinking somewhere near a Santa Cruz Market. I think it's for their produce or maybe for the memories of all the rotisserie chickens I bought from the Market before Santa Cruz Market. Santa Cruz Market, you can go in there with a couple bucks and come out with a meal, a box of Mac n Cheese, a vegetable, and baked potato, gotta bake it yourself and cook the rest but a couple bucks is a couple bucks especially when you are broke.

Either Neighborhood would be ok too: Old Town Goleta, or Lower West Side both have Santa Cruz Markets. Not too far away from the Lower West Side is Lillys, and RoCo then Smart and Final, the .99 Cent Store Downtown Santa Barbara. Old Town Goleta the original Habit, Wendys, Goleta Community Center. I don't know if they have thrift stores there anymore but they are always nice too. I have not even begun to look for another place I think my neighbors and I are in limbo on this, we don't want to go, we don't want to be split up, We Are Family. But they aren't my Sisters and Me. We still don't know what is going on either. We all Love this place it's like a small community though we are on Milpas between the freeway and tracks, once up the driveway it's like another place. I would not mind living near a restaurant formerly known as I-Hop either, stacks of pancakes smothered with butter and syrup dancing in my mind, Strawberries, and Blueberries yumyumyum.

When I go into Santa Cruz market and see and smell their produce it reminds me of the fruit truck that used to show up at my Grandparents house when I was a kid, like a fresh fruit cocktail cherries, bananas, grapes, oranges, peaches, nectarines, pineapples, pears, apples, watermelons, cantaloupes, strawberries, blueberries, their aromas all mixed together. Got myself on food fantasies now, the crap I have in the Fridge is no comparison to whats going through my mind.

Last night I went to bed late reading my latest AARP magazine about Willie Nelson then some Spiritual stuff fell asleep late probably around Midnight at 4:18am on the nose the Train coming thru town hit the horn and blew me outta bed that. Freight Train is Better than any Alarm Clock I have ever had there is no reaching over and turning it off it blows through town after all the years it's not a rude awakening but an old friend saying Hello. Time to wake up here is your Scanner Reports.

Scanner Reports, Wednesday:

• First thing I heard WEDnesday Morning was a responder say "I think I found the point of impact there is Body parts over here....Excuse me I mean vehicle body parts." Concerning an accident near Hope Ave and Calle Real.
  • There was a Semi Truck accident in the Garden street Underpass and fuel spill. Non injury accident.
  • 415 Domestic Cathedral Oaks  subject screaming at a female.
  • Vandalism investigation 1300 Block of San Pasqual.
  • Report of a male walking around Our Lady of Sorrows with his pants down 21 East Sola.
  • 415 Homeless subject disturbing at First Garden street.
  • 415 Domestic Aunt assaulted Neice 1000 Block of East Mason.
  • 415 Between Brothers 1900 Block of Castillo 242 Assault.
  • 602pc Trespassing 200 Block of West Haley.
  • "Yeller, Spitter" A female yelled at the reporting party and spit on them Castillo at Ortega.
  • 415 Homeless subject panhandling in traffic Castillo at Montecito.
  • Possible 10851 Stolen vehicle on Ward Drive.
  • 187 Murder Threats 1200 Block of Coast Village Circle a subject was going to kill employees of a business due to lack of help during the Thomas Fire.
  • 20002 Non injury hit and run 1400 Block of State street last seen East on Micheltorena possible 23152 awhile later same description vehicle hit something in front of the CHP Offices in Goleta 170 South Patterson grey Honda I did not hear what was hit there Part plate California "7FD".
  • Keep the Peace for a subject who needs to pick up his tools 200 Block of West Anapamu.
  • Vehicle Accident vehicle vs pole Brown Road West of Highway one in Santa Maria.
  • 415 Argument  over a non injury accident and possible DUI  2900 Block of State street.
  • Injury Accident Foothill at Duncan Road.
  • DUI Gold Cadillac Southbound on DLV from Mission Odor of Marijuana Possible DUI.
  • Reporting Party sees his stolen bicycle in the 400 Block of East Yanonali with a subject on it BMA wearing khaki pants at the Labor Line.
  • SBPD on a pedestrian in the 800 Block of Cacique.
  • Hazardous investigation BBQ Pit near the Playground over flowing ash.
  • 415 Fight 10 Subjects injuries 100 Block of Oceano.
  • Report of a subject jumping in traffic on Yanonali near Garden street.

Scanner Reports, Thursday:

• Highway 101 Northbound North of El Capitan Ranch non injury hit and run.
  • Suicidal Subject in the area of 1800 San Pascual
  • Suspicious circumstances BFA waving 6-8 inch knife in the air walking South from the 1500 Block of San Andres.
  • Highway 135 at Lake View vehicle accident.
  • 1800 Block of Ridgewood Medical call unknown type.
  • Premise Check 200 Block of South Milpas street 76 Station.
  • 1144 Deceased subject found on a front Porch 100 Block of Nopalitos.
  • Female suffering NBD at Goleta Beach.
  • Structure Fire 600 Block of Storke Road.
  • Check the Welfare of a female down on a sidewalk 414 Anacapa street.
  • 415 Domestic 273.5 Domestic violence male chasing female 3800 Block of State street near Vons. When police got there male tried to duck into Vons but they got him the female was found near La Cumbre and Calle Real. Not sure what happened after that.
  • 2500 Borton Drive a male  dragging an older female across a driveway police responded code 3 female down in the driveway unresponsive Medics requested
  • Premises check Rancheria at Coronel.
  • Suspicious circumstances 400 Block of Harmony Lane.
  • Small brush fire Highway 101 Southbound La Cumbre offramp.
  • Subject on bridge 160 South La Cumbre pulling off his clothing I heard no more about that.- Candy Thief 115 South La Cumbre male in his 70's annoying customers and stealing candy.
  • Check the Welfare of a subject who missed a doctors appointment yesterday and is not answering his phone 1200 Block of Bath street.
  • Marina 3 Bathrooms naked female possible head injury Medics requested.
  • 415 Subjects disturbing  at Storke and Hollister.- 415 Son 400 Block of Coronel Disturbing
  • 415 Possibly Domestic 1200 Block of Quinientos glass heard breaking, children crying, dogs barking. possible dog fight.
  • Medical call unknown type County Jail 4436 Calle Real

I saw something kinda strange when I was walking home from Rite Aide on Thursday a guy  walking on the other side of the street totally fixated on a  homeless female a few feet in front of me he  suddenly darted across street under the Milpas Underpass in heavy traffic staring at her the entire time and he looked very angry as if he was going to attack her just before he got to her he turned and walked North up  Milpas it was very strange.  His face was  dark red as if he was on heavy meds just another happy customer in the HOOD I guess. Not too worried about the gal she hangs out with several guys they were across the street at the time and did not see what this guy did but had she screamed I'm sure they would have ended his ass quick.   That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm sticking to them....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tom Cat, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, Poncho, Jerry, Fish Head One, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Pat, Mavis, Marty, Cop John, Bengy, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday.  Later, Roger

a-1537480120 Jun 24, 2018 06:19 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Maybe, Roger, we could get a bidding war for getting you there, among the three areas, Goleta, Noleta, Santa Barbara. Any community would be _lucky_ to have you!!! You are like a masterful big one-man-neighorhood-watch guru.

a-1537480120 Jun 23, 2018 05:48 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Roger, if you had the money, what restaurants would you go to?

a-1537480120 Jun 23, 2018 01:24 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Turnpike/Hollister area is County of S.B. (Noleta) for your housing search. It's not Goleta. It's not Santa Barbara City.

a-1537480120 Jun 23, 2018 11:12 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Roger,lots of apartments (some are low-income housing) on San Simeon Dr., San Gordiana Ave, or San Angelo, near Turnpike/Hollister. Easy walking distance to Von’s, CVS, Cody’s Restaurant, Rusty’s Pizza. The Von’s is the best around. Nearby is iHop, but you have to walk over the freeway overpass on Turnpike to get there. They deliver, order from SB Menus. I checked with iHop yesterday and they are happy to deliver food. Free concerts at San Marcos High School. Hop on bus, right there on the corner, and go to Santa Cruz Market. Then, eat fabulous buffet lunch at nearby Pepe's Mexican Restaurant, yum!

Roger Jun 23, 2018 12:35 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

I'll keep it in mind just don't know when it is going to happen and I'm not looking forward to it not prepared afraid to leave won't leave cat or fish Yea I'm nuts but in the good way if it was in the bad way other things might be the good way. Oh Well Anyway thanks for the help ...:::)

a-1537480120 Jun 23, 2018 10:50 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Thank you, Flicka, for offering to help Roger with your truck. And, Roger, I think your move might be good for you, at least after you're all settled in to your new place. I remember you reporting on how cold you got in your little house every winter, needing more blankets and coats. And, last summer you struggled with your health, pain, asthma, and the heat...too hot for you. With any luck, you'll get a new home that has enough heat in the winter, and maybe some cooling (dare I say AC) in the summer. We need someone to make their apartment or cottage available to you. First floor, no stairs. Maybe even wheelchair accessible, just in case. Maybe some Edhatters will offer a finder's fee?

Flicka Jun 23, 2018 09:22 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Roger, We have a truck and can help you when the time comes to move.

Roger Jun 23, 2018 09:23 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Oh good do you have a spare room too? Just kidding lmao...

TripleA Jun 22, 2018 07:35 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Roger, by any chance did you hear any report of someone kind of dancing and jerking around very spasmodically, who was wearing white on the side of Las Positas by the Golf Course last night (Thursday) around 8:45 p.m.? It was an odd sight. I think that area around Milpas where TJ's moved to (above the fwy. from where you are now) is a nice 'hood for getting around because it is mostly FLAT but still has some little eateries and somewhere to shop etc.. Let us know if you are going to have a "go fund me" sort of thing. Moving is SO EXPENSIVE!

Roger Jun 23, 2018 05:37 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

You know I might have heard something about dancing but I hear other things at the same time and miss posting some things I think there are alot of campers up there in Camp McKenzie might have been one of them...

Red Creek Jun 22, 2018 06:54 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Old town Goleta may work. It is convenient to a good grocery store, reasonable restaurants, the Goleta Valley Center has good community programs, new park going in on Kellogg, and convenient bus line . Goleta is a great City to live in.

a-1537480120 Jun 22, 2018 04:02 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Wildfire, east of Santa Maria, today Friday, 2:30pm started. Tepusquet Canyon near Tepusquet Road and Blazing Saddles Drive.

tagdes Jun 22, 2018 06:32 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Officially contained at 6 pm and was held to 7-9 acres. Yea, they only had 2 copters and 2 air tankers plus ground resources so not a huge response.

Roger Jun 22, 2018 05:25 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

I heard the fire but I did not hear a big response or I would have posted the other day I posted the one at LaCumbre it was 1x1 foot or so actually looked more like a 3x5...

tagdes Jun 22, 2018 04:52 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Fire's almost done, staging the dozers at Hwy 166 and air tanker 75 going back to Paso for a load and hold. Hand crews are now getting on the scene.

tagdes Jun 22, 2018 04:46 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

It's called the "South" incident and not doing much but they still haven't gotten the dozers up there. Locked gates and trying to figure out which roads to use without having damage from the dozers.

4326 Jun 22, 2018 11:25 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Report of a male walking around Our Lady of Sorrows with his pants down. Maybe he was just trying to cheer her up ?

Ducky Jun 22, 2018 11:23 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Roger, I was thinking upper De La Vina area. You’ve got the grocery outlet (used to be Ralph’s), TJs and CVS all pretty close there. You mentioned greasy spoons and it got me thinking about Little Alice’s (I think that was the name), down at State and Canon Perdido, I think. I miss the old SB...

Roger Jun 22, 2018 01:22 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

I used to work next door to Audry, and her daughters at Garretts many years ago, I bet Audry is still mad at me and she has been gone awhile...Great coffee better than all these other coffee shops around here..

Ducky Jun 22, 2018 01:11 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Yes, Audrey’s-thanks. That’s a shame about De aka Vina. Nothing’s sacred and more-haha.

tagdes Jun 22, 2018 12:37 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Upper DLV is becoming as hipster as the funk zone for non drinkers with Handlebar, Los Agaves and Yellow Belly. Are you talking about Little Audrey's, she had 2 different locations there in the late '60s & early '70s. Her waitress (server ) daughter now works for Ralph's at Magnolia.

a-1537480120 Jun 22, 2018 09:52 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Das Williams, this is a shout-out to you. Please help Roger find a safe place to live. Das, please ask your staff to get involved. Thank you.

Roger Jun 22, 2018 01:18 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

I guess it all depends on who likes me and who wants me deed...I was thinking the guy at Our Lady of Sorrows with his pants down.... No wonder she is sad but I did not want to say anything because I'm Catholic even though I don't go to church anymore. I would love a one bedroom I have to have a ground floor I have a cat who is outdoor indoor but I'll make him indoor if I have too might be alittle noisy for a bit better with a small area patio I can fence in for him...Am I begging for 2 much?

4326 Jun 22, 2018 12:05 PM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

Might have more luck shouting out to Dario Pini than Das Williams. I wonder if Dario reads Edhat ?

Roger Jun 22, 2018 10:43 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

I don't think Das likes me very much I gave him crap acouple times he might not remember but I did and I was angry..I heard a call in the 3400 Block of Broadmar Plaza today of campers in a van dumping trash and going to the bathroom all over the place is that true? Is it that junky in that area? It is a drag to move and it's going to suck when it happens I wish we all had another year but I know...My only goal is a place with my cat and fish I like old places in Old Neighborhoods with food near by a greasy spoon would be nice....Yes I'm begging. Thanks for the comments...

Flicka Jun 22, 2018 08:56 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

What a drag to move, Roger, when you have a comfortable home and neighbor friends. I wish you good luck.

shorebird Jun 22, 2018 08:00 AM
Scanner Reports 6-22-18

There are 3 thrift stores in old town Goleta. 2 alpha thrift and 1 destined for grace thrift