By Roger the Scanner Guy

Don't you just love it when you bring something up someone did to you and they say "Oh That happened a Long time ago Let it Go!" But they don't let go of something they think you did to them and it was twice as long ago. I had some savings in the bank, I was going to buy a nice used car. I wanted a Porsche the cheap kind with the VW Engine they ran about 2 grand back then and I was just short of that. My little Sister ran away from home came to Santa Barbara, Mummy dearest asked me to help out she'd pay me back she said they all screwed me over. I went through the savings on a hospital bill, motel room, and food. My mom sent me a check to cover, it bounced it cost me more than I had in my savings and from that time until now I never saved money again The End.

That was many years ago My sister recently told me how much fun she had here, after I mentioned the dough it still kinda pisses me off all these years later especially after hearing her say "Oh that was Soooooooooooo long ago Let it Go! Let it Go! Gogogogogogo.." Echoing in my brain...Family. Whenever I thought of going home to visit THEM I'd watch a Jerry Springer Show and it would change my mind. Anyway it's one of those things stuck in my head I cannot seem to flush out it's just there and she keeps saying "I had soooooo much fun." I gave up on saving money all those years over that stupid crap. I know it's not their fault I should probably just let it go but I'm enjoying giving her poop for it now it's a Brother and Sister thing I'm having fun 1,650.00 with interest Dollars worth. I told her this morning that she is the reason I got shingles and she said "I'm younger than you." I think she believed me when I said that doesn't make any difference. Ha,ha,ha...I hope she doesn't read this.

The other thing going around in my head is the passing of another good friend it seems like the older you get the more friends you lose. I remember when I first moved here to South Milpas I had a lot of friends, well over 40 of us were partying in my cottage one night 3 of us are left everyone is gone to the great beyond where ever that is? Seems like the older I get the less I sleep too I wake up early in the morning for a bathroom break and I never go back to sleep I lay awake the rest of the night staring at the ceiling.. Oh Well maybe what I need is a Little Caesars pizza smothered in Tabasco Hmmmmm.

Scanner Reports, Monday:

• Vandalism,  Fire Extinguisher through a window 200 Block of Palm Ave.
  • Vehicle vs Pedestrian 300 Block of Storke Road.
  • Stolen vehicle 400 Block of Dibblee Ave.
  • Drunk on the trail 400 Block of Ellwood Beach Road.
  • Vehicle vs a pedestrian 10 year old kid San Andres and Micheltorena.
  • Male on Foothill bridge shirt over head hand on rail wasn't there when police arrived so they checked underneath and I don't think they found anything.
  • Vehicle accident Micheltorena at Almond driver transported to Cottage.
  • Rape Underaged female on the West Side in a residence.
  • Premise check East Beach.
  • Fight brewing between 2 Males at the Alano Club both gone when police arrived.
  • Check the Welfare of a subject not heard from past couple days phone is busy 400 Block of East Figourea.
  • Rape occurred  in Lompoc reported with county SBSO.
  • Injury traffic accident 2200 Block of Cliff Drive.
  • Medical call unconscious subject 200 Block of Mission Canyon Road.
  • Check the Welfare of a male down in the 600 Block of East Montecito.
  • Highway one at 135 Traffic Accident white Cargo Van vs Pick Up truck with trailer pulling Port a Pottys.
  • Water rescue Gaviota Beach.
  • Medical call 200 Block of East Ortega.
  • 415 People fighting over money in the 500 Block of Amber Way.
  • 20002 Vehicle into a fence Coronel at Rancheria driver ran away.
  • 415 Domestic in front of K-Mart in the 6800 Block of Hollister male dragged female from vehicle took off sand colored Toyota Camry.
  • Check the Welfare of a subject sleeping in the 100 Block of West Carrillo near Ralphs, someone put a white sheet over him and now multiple people are calling in reporting a dead body

Scanner Reports, Tuesday:

• Check the welfare of an 18 year old female at 7-11 at 331 West Montecito wearing a halter top and shorts saying she is cold it was around 6amish.
  • Fall victim head laceration 1000 Block of Cliff Drive.
  • Burglary investigation LRC Building at SBCC 721 Cliff Drive.
  • Vehicle Rollover driver ejected highway 101 Southbound at Nojqui serious injuries.
  • Premises check East Beach Volly Ball courts.
  • 10851 Stolen vehicle 2200 Block of Anacapa Nissan Titan possibly involved in a non injury hit and run on Monday.
  • 800 Block of East Figourea Stolen vehicle recovery.
  • A Big Rig hit a light pole while traveling South on 5th and kept going not sure what 5th he was on exactly.
  • Subject refusing to leave the Reef motel in Carpinteria.
  • Carpinteria Amtrak Station 594 Vandalism subject slashing tires in the parking lot.
  • Anacapa at Mission vehicle accident non injury but after a few moments Medics responded for a possible injury between a Honda Accord and a School Bus.
  • Suicidal female locked in a room with a knife 700 Block of Olive went code 4 rightaway no more assistance needed.
  • Pick Pocket State at Ortega subject grabbed wallet from a back pocket and ran seen in the 400 Block of Bath police search the hood pretty sure they got him but not certain.
  • Domestic Violence investigation 100 Block of East Carrillo.
  • Homeless Issue 5380 Overpass Road.- Code 2 Medics to McKenzie Park for a subject with an infection.
  • Vehicle Accident West Main at Bonita School Road in Guadalupe green tag moderate injuries, vehicle into pole the pole damaged street closed for repairs.
  • Check on a subject sleeping in an alleyway 18 West Victoria see if he needs a pillow.

I have had a song stuck in my head for three days now kind of a snappy tune from the 70's called "Afternoon Delight" there now I hope it's stuck in your heads now...Have a great Hump Day...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Thomicina, Clancy, Tiger, Tom Cat, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Bengy, Ricky, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory,Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie, Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger

a-1540012173 Jun 14, 2018 08:25 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

The more life help you get...such as Vista Del Monte... (food shopping and meals prepared for you, shuttle bus to take you places, privacy and security, a covered stall/garage to park your possible new car), the more you will be able to gather your stories, report on Edhat, and enjoy life. What you don't need at this very moment might be something you do need in a few years. I'm a decade older than you, and have mobility problems, etc. Believe me, make changes before you need them, and while you can think clearly. Do you have the energy to make a move in a few months, and then another move after that? We are here for you. You will have help to move.

MissBleu Jun 13, 2018 07:03 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Actually Roger if you can tell us who is buying your rental perhaps we can help.

Roger Jun 14, 2018 06:10 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Your right about that I rented rooms for years for most of my pay and ate tons of ramen, I used to love that old dollar bread store at Cota and Anacapa 15 Bucks a week for food and the Schooner Inn Winter Rates.

Potif Jun 13, 2018 09:50 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Makes it rougher, not really knowing what's happening. Like when the house might sell. If they could just wait two years, you'd qualify easily for several places around town. I know what a pain finding any place to live in this town is, for most people.

Roger Jun 13, 2018 07:08 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

I have no idea it is up for sale I was told if someone buys it I have 3 months to move.

Roger Jun 13, 2018 02:20 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

OK which one of you wants to change my diaper? Don't everyone volunteer at once!

Potif Jun 13, 2018 09:47 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

As I mentioned before, there are several four legged folks at Friendship Manor, too.

Roger Jun 13, 2018 06:43 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

I was just kidding I don't want anyone to do that and I'm not ready for a retirement home but I will need help trying to find a place when I have to look for one and I am disabled sec 8 I would really be grateful for the help then. I will need to be on a ground floor and a place where I can have Joey we are a team he is my family....:) Again Thank You for the nice comments.

a-1540012173 Jun 13, 2018 11:41 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

I did a quick online check on one retirement community, Casa Dorinda: "All applicants must be at least 62 years of age at the time of entry. The application process begins with the acceptance of a completed application packet."

Potif Jun 13, 2018 09:43 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Unfortunately, you are supposed to be 62 at Friendship Manor, too. However, I would call and talk with Patricia Fabing. The office phone number is 805-968-0771. Maybe with your situation, they would be able to make an exceptIon. It really is a nice place, and we have two new chefs, along with other great people, who are making it even better as well!

a-1540012173 Jun 13, 2018 11:21 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Roger, something you haven't had in your one-room house on Milpas: enough heat in the winter, and no air-conditioning in summer. Bad for your asthma. I know you've run out of nutritious food several times, I remember you posting about it when you were ill, more than once. Your mobility is an issue. Start planning now, when you can make a well-informed choice, rather than later when you might just get "stuck" somewhere. Sorry, Roger, but poor people have to be smarter, as well as work harder.

Roger Jun 13, 2018 12:09 PM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

I love this place I know it's an old place (like me) but it's right next to where I last saw my Belinda..I kinda gave up after she died it's not about not being smart. I know I have to look for another place not sure when the place is for sale but no official word yet kinda confused about the whole thing right now ill so have to get meds and take them

a-1540012173 Jun 13, 2018 11:12 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Val Verde, Vista Del Monte, Casa Dorinda, Garden Court --generosity -- please offer waived fees for Roger. You would be LUCKY to have him...and we would all respect you for being loving and kind to our treasure, Roger the Scanner Guy. Which of you has the biggest heart, and the most heroic?

TWOSCOOPS Jun 13, 2018 10:52 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

If Roger decides on a place, and money is needed and someone starts a Go Fund Me account (or whatever is best) I pledge $100.

a-1540012173 Jun 13, 2018 10:46 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Roger, I've heard there's a Wait List for the good Retirement Communities. If you think you might want this in a couple years, maybe now is the time to get on several lists? You deserve the best, as all of us who have been kept safe by your early warnings on fires and crimes know to thank you. I can't count how many times you've warned people in neighborhoods where there is police activity to lock our doors. Now, let us help you, please.

Flicka Jun 13, 2018 10:08 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Casa Dorinda has fantastic food, costs a fantastic amount of money too. I had a friend at the Friendship home in Goleta and the meals she invited me to were very good. I think they just charge from your Social Security income if that's all you have.

a-1540012173 Jun 13, 2018 10:01 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Best, healthiest, tastiest, and non-institutional food, at which Retirement Community? Anyone know? Roger, if you decide to go to one of these places, can we start a GoFundMe page for you to pay for it? You might be more comfortable... and you could still be Roger the Scanner Guy...I say selfishly.

Roger Jun 13, 2018 11:17 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

I'm only 60 and while I'm kinda under the weather not quite there I hope plus if I cannot have my Master Joey will I won't go anywhere I love my little boy..I'm hopeing that I can find another place to live (sec 8) save up for a vehicle only 60 perfect driving record won't go over 5mph on the pass(lol) and make another go at living for a bit maybe put some stories together see where it goes. As long as I'm here on this planet I'll be Roger the Scanner Guy and sometimes I sleep less than(you know who) and get the story first...Thank You guys so nice of you to be concerned I am kind of scared of this whole impending transition thing. I am no longer strong enough to move myself out or hunt for alot of places and I WILL aganist my own judgement will be asking for help. Personally I think I'm headed for the weeds and I'm very afraid of that and losing my Joey. I at least want to be here long enough to take care of him...Thank You for the wonderful comments and offers of help you sure know how to make a guy emotional.

Roger Jun 13, 2018 09:35 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

I believe the Friendship Center from what I hear it's a good place or Val Verde, Vista Del Monte..I'd have to tour them and speak to the employees but from the calls I hear I think these are good places, Casa Dorinda also..Garden Court downtown...I would stay away from the nursing homes.

a-1540012173 Jun 13, 2018 08:15 AM
Scanner Reports 6-13-18

Roger, if you had saved money (or inherited a lot of money), what local Retirement Community or Nursing Home would you select? On past postings, you've mentioned elder financial and physical abuse being rampant, and I'm wondering what your opinion is. Is it better to stay at home and get help there, or go to an institutional place? If the money was there, what would you choose?