Scanner Reports 7-17-17
Well, sad news to report. One of the men who was missing was found deceased over the weekend. Eric "Sunny" Buttler of Ojai was 57 years old. Rest in peace, Sunny.
There is a good article on squatters in the LA Times on Sunday in the Real Estate section, page C10. It's hard to believe that someone can actually get away with stealing a home from others. I hear of squatters taking over summer condos around here once in a while, but haven't heard of a condo being taken over for a long period of time, as in this man’s experience. Personally I have my own way of evicting unwanted guests. It's not legal, but it has worked for me in the past. Even as a renter, it's dangerous to invite someone into your home. A friend can become an enemy real quick just by giving them a key to your place. Even if you don't have a condo or own a home, it's a good article to read. A bunch of squatters will probably read it.
Well it's been a couple weeks since I found myself splattered on a food store floor, face down pretty much and I'm hurting worse now than I was then. The longer term injuries are setting in and it's hell. My hips are aching, especially my left. Kinda scary when you wake up and you cannot hardly move without horrible pain. There is a lot of bruises and contusions. Though there is usually some pain in my body there is more now, a HELL of a lot more. I haven't decided what to do about it. Their insurance company sent me paperwork and a rep wants me to call them back right away. But when I'm angry like I am now, I don't talk to people. Their paperwork states I have 2 years from the date of injury to file a case against them. I hope they are not bull manuring me. I'll probably call an attorney soon, just for info. I know I'm going to need some kind of help. The disability before was manageable, now it's scary. There is pain in new spots so I have no doubts that there are nerves and or bones now injured that were not injured before. I'm not the kind of person that is sue happy. I'm the kind of person that believes in an eye for an eye. You cripple me, I cripple you. But that is not legal, so I'm not talking to anyone right now and I am no longer going to that store either. I find myself getting angry when I go near there. Better to stay away. I went to Smart and Final to get my groceries this month. I did not trip over anything sticking out in their aisles because there was nothing sticking out. They are professionals and know how to stock their stores. I think I'll be going there from now on.
Here's Your Scanner Reports, FRYday:
- Premises check, tennis courts, 1400 block of Park Place.
- Audible alarm, 500 block of West Pueblo.
- Highway 101 at Carrillo, premises check on homeless camps.
- Brown motorhome parked across from Washington School, loiterers, 1700 block of Shoreline.
- SBPD contacting subjects at East Side Park, 200 North Soledad.
- Check the welfare of a male passed out in underground parking, 100 block of West Carrillo.
- Possible wanted subject at the beach, 2981 Cliff.
- Brandishing knife, Figueroa at State Street. Pretty sure police found the subject at MTD.
- Naked male on Calle Real, missed address but wherever you see a naked male on Calle Real, there he is.
- Hazmat call on chemical reaction in an apartment swimming pool. Several children who were itching, 500 block of West Canon Perdido.
- Attempt burglary. Subject trying to break a vehicle window, 3900 block of State Street, detained.
- Unknown type medical in the 1400 block of Chino Street.
- Lines down, arcing, 540 Central Ave in Buellton.
- Illegal burn, smoke check, Foxen Canyon Road at Betteravia.
- Structure fire, Hollister Ranch on La Cresta Road.
- Non injury hit and run at Albertsons on Highway 246, older white pickup with an older white male driving it involved.
- Medics on a drunk in the 3600 block of State Street.
- Man down near AM-PM in the 1900 block of State Street, Medical call but I think he was sleeping.
- Burglary, 700 block of Bond Ave.
- Drunk driver, commuter lot, 400 block of West Carrillo. Drinking from an open container. WMA wearing a pink shirt with a HMA passenger in a Mercury registered in Goleta. Heard of this subject before WMA open container in a Mercury.
- Overdose on Pleasant Place.
- Someone hallucinating on Nopal, someone hearing voices on Nectarine.
- Medical emergency difficulty breathing on a bus.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Subjects disturbing in the public restroom, 900 block of State Street.
- Drunk harassing kids near the playground at McKenzie Park.
- Parking violators at DLG Plaza.
- Subject disturbing at SMHS. Unknown if they are an evacuee or just someone off the street.
- Report of vehicle over the side, 7.5 miles from the Glass Factory of Gibraltar. Actually it was an old wreck according to the Fire Department. I don't know why those wrecks are not removed; they should be.
- Medical call, foot of Stearns Wharf for seizures.
- Premises check DMV property, 535 Castillo.
- Theft investigation a little more than shoplifting, CVS Pharmacy 222 West Carrillo.
- Disturbance over a dog bite near the Boat House, 2900 block of Cliff Drive.
- Suspicious subject trying to break into a blue Honda, 6600 block of Calle Corral.
- Medical call on an unknown type laceration 3400 block of Richland.
- Check the welfare of a 3 year old child crying inside of a truck at the SBHS Swap Meet, 700 block of East Anapamu. The windows were rolled up. Some people need to be educated.
- Unknown location, but a tresspasser on the tracks almost got hit by an Amtrak. WMA, 50's. I think he might have been wearing headphones. His clothing was all gray, stepped out of the way just in time and kept on walking. It sounded like the train stopped. I never heard the location.
- Drunk WMA 25 years old on the bike path at Goleta Beach.
- Heat stroke at a coffee house in the 200 block of State Street.
- 500 block of North M, suicidal subject holding his mother hostage with a knife. I never heard any more about that.
- Live band at Ortega Park.
- Medical call difficulty breathing 2500 block of Borton Drive.
- Gasoline spill at Amtrak.
- Disturbance in the 5700 Block of Via Real. Subject is Rambling Roy. I knew Rambling Roy 37 years ago and he was a rambling then too. He was 30 then but looked 60. I guess he's around 77 years old now, so he must look 90 or a hundred.
- Drunk in the 800 block of State Street.
- Corn vendor in the 600 block of West Cota.
- Heard this weird transmission with the Amtrak train going back and forth. Sounded like engine trouble at the Amtrak station.
- Fall victim Mission Terrace Nursing Home. I worked there 37 years ago, escorted off the property by the SBPD after bouncing an aid supervisor off a wall about a dozen or so times after I caught him abusing a patient. Those were the good old days when I was young and strong. I make it a point to post any medical calls I hear from nursing homes, retirement homes. You never really know if they are a fall victim or an abuse victim.
- Vehicle vs bicyclist, Yanonali at Milpas.
- Medical call for an ill subject at Dwight Murphy Park.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- I heard that somewhere near El Cap State Park, lookey-loo's were being bad and trespassing into the fire zone of the Whittier Fire.
- Vehicle accident, SUV rollover, Bonita School at the River Bridge in Santa Maria, unknown if injury.
- Injury accident, Highway 166 at Tepusquet, vehicle over the side, 150 feet, landed on roof, 2 patients.
- Fourteen year old baseball player with a fractured knee at Elings Park. That hurts just reading it.
- Suspicious subject possibly casing, 200 block of West Valerio. Last seen north on Bath Street.
- Suspicious male riding a red bicycle carrying a black bicycle frame, 1899 East Cabrillo.
- 6600 block of Pasado, burglary to a residence.
- Male following a female, both are homeless, past the Best Western, 336 West Cabrillo.
- Urination in public in the 400 block of West Alamar.
- Medical ill subject in Vera Cruz Park.
- Subject with a warrant, north on State Street on a bicycle. Coppers caught him in the 1000 block.
- 1800 block of Cliff Drive, homeless female yelling and throwing around her arms.
- Medical difficulty breathing, asthma attack on Teakwood Drive Santa Maria. I hate writing those down because I have asthma, and this fire shit don't do it any favors.
- Assault at Market Place, 7018 Anna’s Bakery. Fire department and medics responded also for a traumatic injury.
- Shoplifter at Alpha Thrift store.
- Theft at El Rancho Market, suspect lives in the trailer park next door.
- Assault at City Market in Carpinteria.
- Fractured ankle, 1400 block of North Broadway.
- Rambling Roy is at it again in the 5700 block of Via Real. They say he threatened a neighbor. Dammit Roy, Knock it off! Drink some Near Beer instead!
Well that is all outta me for now. Have a lovely Monday! Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jim, Diana, Carl, Kent, Stan, Cory, Edwin, Magruder, Edwin, Don, Rambo, Sherry, Elmo, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Isabelle, Jerry, Walter, Fred, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Wednesday. Later, Roger