Scanner Reports 4-23-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
March 6th: Jamal Jackson, "I am a woman beater. I love to beat a woman who cannot defend herself and I cannot wait for the day I can do it again to someone else's daughter my name is Jamal Jackson bday is 4/13/1969 I go by Shakedown and I'm very hood but I will not fight a man." "I have a daughter as well but I love her dearly." This is on Jamal Jackson's Facebook Page. He is the killer of Anthony Mele the man who was stabbed in the throat in the Ventura Aloha restaurant last week as he was having dinner with his wife and 3-year-old daughter, who ironically was sitting on his lap at the time of the attack.
Some folks in Ventura are so angry about this very tragic incident that they fear that all homeless people are killers like Jamal Jackson, some are actually talking of killing homeless folks on the internet because like Jamal Jackson all homeless people must be killers. I hope that this whole thing will not get out of hand. I won't be surprised if it does it seems like our whole country is starting to go off the deep end. Jamal Jackson is one of many who snapped and took a life without warning, unless you read his Facebook page in his own way he was warning others. Even so no one could have guessed the exact actions he would take by attacking a Father while his Daughter sat on his lap, nor can one say for certain because Jamal Jackson's is homeless and he took a life that all homeless people must be killers. To me that thinking is like Jamal Jackson's thinking. Not all homeless people are killers. That is like ASSuming All people are a certain way based on their nationality. I had a friend many years ago named Louis Almark, he was sleeping in Alice Keck Park on a bench when he was attacked by a couple, cannot remember if it was 2 or 3, Santa Barbara teenagers they beat him to death. It took months for him to die he no doubt suffered. He did NOTHING to justify being beaten to death, he slept on that bench every night before he went to sleep, he read his bible which he slept with. He was on parole having been an auto thief. He changed his life after becoming sober he went to AA Meetings every day, I know this because at the time I went to AA meetings everyday too. I have actually known a few homeless people who were murdered, it hits close to home for me because I too have been homeless and though I took a life in self-defense as a kid I'm no killer. If anything I am lost. I am lost without my gal like an airplane running on one engine barely functioning that is how many homeless folks are Lost and Harmless though they can be scary because they are different...We can never know what someone is going to do we cannot read minds we cannot predict what someone is going to do but if we see something that is suspicious, or hear something not quite right we can call a cop and tell them it aien't snitching when you are trying to help someone way deep inside Jamal Jackson did not want to kill that man but in a way thought he had to. Maybe he thought he was killing himself and in a way he did.
Scanner Reports Friday:
- Subject broke out a tail light and widow of a vehicle in the 6600 Block of Trigo
- 5150 Female screaming Medics responded took her to Cottage from a residence Midtown Santa Barbara area.
- Attempt commercial burglary at Office Max 219 East Guiterrez.
- Suicidal subject possible overdose 500 Block of Lakeview.
- Injury accident Montecito at Rancheria.
- Warming fire near the RR Tracks 400 Block of Coronel.
- Vegetation fire due to Helicopter clipping a power line 1300 Block of Ellwood Lane.
- Dumpster fire Via Lato at Calle Seis
- Traffic Hazard Ladder in lanes highway 101 Northbound at El Sueno.
- Highway 101 Southbound North of Carrillo traffic accident no injuries, hit and run.
- Walnut and Hollister at the Shell station 211 Robbery, 242 Assault involving 2 subjects who escaped toward Santa Barbara on the bike path.
- Theft at Home Depot at Market Place WMA with tats went out emergency exit and got away.
- Beer Run Rite Aide on Fairview.
- Highway 101 North Bound between Patterson and Fairview motorcyclist down.
- 415 Loud Music 6600 Block of Trigo.
- Combative prisoner in patrol car banging his head 400 Block of Bath street gave himself a head injury.
- Fall victim 600 Block of Eucalyptus.
- Overdose on Cravens Lane in Carpinteria.
- Motorcyclist Down North Salinas at APS.
- 415 First block of West Islay knife being thrown, 2 Children in the residence.
- 415 Road Rage Sola at DLV
- Possible injury TA Pedergosa at Garden fire hydrant hit.
- 300 Block of West Anapamu male for sale.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in the Garden Underpants.
- Subject hit by vehicle code 2 Medics 300 Block of East Bettervia in Santa Maria.
- Structure Fire 400 Block Las Alturas.
- Med call leg injury 2100 Block of Mountain Ave.
- Gang Types in a grey Altima harassing passer-bys at DelMonte and San Pasqual.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Medical call for Foot Pain ( I have foot pain all the time!) Garden at Cabrillo.
- 415 Homeless subject in and out of the parking garage at the Canary Hotel 31 West Carillo.
- Subject attacked beaten Laborline 400 Block of East Yanonali.
- Med call fractured arm 1000 Block of McCoy.
- Keep the peace reporting party picking up I-Phone 1400 Block of Lou Dillion.
- Water Rescue Goleta Beach.
- Tires stolen off a locked bicycle 6500 Block of Picasso,(I used to live there.)
- Med call head injury Harbor Patrol dock.
- 415 At Cottage ER.
- Subject 415 Yelling in the parking lot of the Grocery Outlet.
- 23152 Drunk Driver in grey VW Golf on Los Positas near State male driver
- 415 Subject disturbing at Goleta Beach.
- 2000 Block of Cliff Drive male wearing beenie checking mail boxes heading West Bound police were Unable to locate.
- Report of 2 Males in the area of 1899 East Cabrillo throwing a football over the 101 Highway.
- Theft of a backpack at REI 321 Anacapa.
- Theft investigation 100 Block of Oceano.
- 2 Teens shoving each other one went through a window in Goleta.
- Medical County Jail unknown type.
- 23 Hitchcock vandalism to a fire hydrant.
- Highway 154 at Painted Cave motorcyclist over the side.
- Low hanging wires 600 Block of Hot Springs.
- Cigarette between planks on Sterns Wharf brings out a full SB City Fire Department response. Engine one put out the small fire.
- Medical call for an ill female at the Old Mission in the chapel.
- 415 Subject near Old Navy 1100 Block of State street possibly tightly wrapped.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- SBSO was looking for a Missing at Risk elderly male driving a blue Jeep Wrangler when I first turned on the scanner he was found and with his family last I heard.
- Traffic accident red mini van roll over Highway 101 Northbound at Stowell Road offramp.
- SBPD was on a group to my rear of City Hall.
- Burglary to a vehicle 1400 Block of Lavender Court.
- Hollister at Patterson male passed out in the turning lane in a brown and red SUV possible DUI.
- Med call Downtown Area Santa Barbara in a residence patient passed on Rest in Peace.
- Suicidal subject at PATH 816 Cacique code 2 Medics for transport.
- Very intoxicated subject 635 State street code 2 Medics.
- Suspicious Subjects in the 3300 Block of Padero possible 459 Burglary Activity.
- Someone burning brush in a can in their front yard in the 600 Block of West Canon Perdido.
- Escapee from Los Prieto's Boys Camp possibly headed to Santa Maria male 5'2/ 120 pounds.
- 415 Disturbance on the Bus Hollister at Turnpike, "Disturbance on the Bus" sounds like a good name for a rock group.
- Possible 20002 Hit and Run with 415 involved between parties in the 1100 Block of East De La Guerra.
- Vehicle Rollover highway 135 at Harris Grade
- Develop Delayed Adult shoved by a Transient,(Who doesn't deserve to be called Homeless) in the 900 Block of State street.
- Reports of possible squatters in a vacant home on Pine Drive in Santa Barbara.
- 415 Over a non injury accident Nopal at Anapamu.
- 415 Domestic Ex boyFIEND had left but female still upset 1000 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Black male adult hitting Black male juvenile near the East Beach Bath House.
- Structure Fire 1800 Block of Las Canolas Lane possible garage on fire.
Will that is all outta me for now have a crappy Monday....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Thomscina, Midnight, Merlin, Clancy, Tiger, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim,Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Bengy, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will pee you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger