Medical Emergency on the Mesa

By Bob on the Scanner

A reported medical emergency in the 200 block of Coleman Ave in Santa Barbara, in the Mesa area.

Call came in as a suspected overdose. First responders used Narcan and were able to revive the subject.

Luvaduck Dec 09, 2022 08:11 AM
Medical Emergency on the Mesa

If young minds were more developed, this and many other things/behaviors would be extremely limited. On the other hand, so would experimental progress in anything and explorers would've stayed home. The curiosity of our species is a blessing and a curse.

Mebk Dec 09, 2022 06:58 AM
Medical Emergency on the Mesa

Please report lost a nephew this month.16 yrs old. Our country is being flooded with drugs vi a southern boarders. People are getting very rich as our children die. This is not like experimenting with pot fentanyl take so little to kill.

a-1670588742 Dec 09, 2022 04:25 AM
Medical Emergency on the Mesa

On the other hand, why does the Sheriff advertise saves when Narcan should be available to all of us? Theres news stories every day about its use in any community.

I know it's not this simple. I'll look into local sources of it.

SBSand Dec 08, 2022 07:53 PM
Medical Emergency on the Mesa

A family member recently lost a close loved one to a fentanyl overdose. It is a bigger issue than our local news likes to talk about and easy to turn a blind eye to when we don't hear about this happening in our community. I agree, you should post about these calls.

Somewhere Over ... Dec 08, 2022 04:02 PM
Medical Emergency on the Mesa

Bob - I think you should report them more often. My son was a victim of the fentanyl epidemic and I think having a continuous flow of short but sweet reminders passing by our eyes (no personal info) would keep the thought fresh in our minds that it could be anywhere, in anything, at anytime. Think safe not sudden everyone!

BobScan Dec 08, 2022 11:02 AM
Medical Emergency on the Mesa

I don't usually report these to protect people's privacy but there have been a lot more fentanyl overdose calls lately. I hope this serves as a public message to be careful.
~Bob on the Scanner