Meter Reading?

By an edhat reader

Last week I noticed on my cameras a man wearing a yellow vest trying to get into my backyard. He never knocked on the door and tried both side gates (which were locked) then left.

Both my SoCal Edison meter and gas meter are in my backyard. I assumed these were all digital now so was this a legitimate attempt at meter reading or something nefarious?

John Beardsley Dec 09, 2022 12:51 PM
Meter Reading?

The "smart meters" installed in the last few years are potentially explosive when given a particular 5G signal. You should know -- have they installed a "smart meter" on my home? Am I within a mile if a 5G transmitter? Yes, it is planned to burn you out when and if they decide. If you have the option NOT to use a "smart-meter," then opt out. "Smart-meter" fires around the country are becoming more numerous and more well-known.

ZeroHawk Dec 08, 2022 01:08 PM
Meter Reading?

there are meter readers all over town...this is normal if you have public utilities.

a-1670471021 Dec 07, 2022 07:43 PM
Meter Reading?

You can contact SCE and SCG and ask them about meter readers coming to your home. On your bill it will list the date of the latest reading. If the company's meter readers can't access your meter, you'll probably see that info on your next bill, with the guesstimate for that month's energy use.

tagdes Dec 07, 2022 06:08 PM
Meter Reading?

When they added the digital gas meters in San Roque he told me ( the guy that was installing it) it was for all of Santa Barbara but the last I heard they never completed the change over.

patrick Dec 07, 2022 12:32 PM
Meter Reading?

Our gas meter requires a physical reading each month.

Benicee Dec 07, 2022 10:36 AM
Meter Reading?

Our Socal Edison is digital. But our water meter is still checked by a guy. I would call and ask all the companies if your concerned.