Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito title=
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

By the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office

Sheriff’s detectives are investigating an assault with a deadly weapon where the victim sustained serious injuries.

On Monday, October 3, 2022, at approximately 10:07 p.m., deputies responded with fire and medics to the 900-block of Channel Drive for a report of a medical emergency for an assault that had just occurred. Sheriff’s deputies and emergency call-takers spent approximately 20 minutes coordinating efforts to locate the victim amongst homeless encampments.

Sheriff’s detectives have been assigned to investigate this assault. The suspect remains outstanding, and the victim is expected to recover.

Anyone with information that would assist investigators is asked to please contact the Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Division by calling (805)681-4150. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can provide information by calling our tip line at (805)681-4171 or online at SBSheriff.org.

sacjon Oct 05, 2022 09:55 AM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

I know you all love to hate the homeless, but where does it say the victim or attacker was homeless? Just because it was near a camp doesn't mean anything. I've seen plenty "homed" people, even rich kids from Montecito, venture into homeless camps/areas to buy drugs. You never know.....

ZeroHawk Oct 07, 2022 01:03 PM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

Hi Sac, i was attempting to back you up, but looking at the words i chose, it kinda doesn't seem that way, but the intention was there! ;)
yeah, she goes with me anywhere i go (as noted prior discussions, shes a certified service animal for me, among many other cool things she does and is trained for). Also one of the best protectors one can have. She's the reason i can shore fish along sketchy beaches haha

sacjon Oct 07, 2022 09:24 AM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

ZERO - I wasn't referring to you, just all the others who always jump to conclusions here about the homeless. I thought it was in a camp near Butterfly, not along what you call Angels Beach. That place is sketchy. Good on you for bringing your 4 legged protection!

edney Oct 06, 2022 05:48 PM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

sacjon
I realize this may not be enough info for you, but do a little deductive reasoning.
If I get stabbed on Channel Drive, this badly (Deputies eventually located the adult male victim who had serious injuries to the upper torso. Deputies connected the victim with medics who transported him to an area hospital with serious injuries.) would I run to a homeless encampment and spend the next twenty minutes there if I didn't know anyone there and/or if I didn't live there? You never know, but it seems an odd place to go?
"Sheriff’s deputies and emergency call-takers spent approximately 20 minutes coordinating efforts to locate the victim amongst homeless encampments"

So now that we have established that there is no way it could be a homeless person by a vast preponderance of evidence, lets look instead at the people that live permanently at 900 Channel Drive.

ZeroHawk Oct 06, 2022 03:38 PM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

because there is no one else on that lonely stretch of beach aside of a few fishermen like myself, and homeless tweakers. i did see one woman once doing nude yoga at 7am LOL....it was weird...she was the same color as the sandstones and sand around her. she almost perfectly blended into the background.

it can get real bad along that stretch. i've been fishing it and running it for years with my dogs

Babycakes Oct 05, 2022 01:18 PM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

SacJon: Not sure how it is possible that "all" love to hate the homeless. It's about the things we actually hate, and ZeroHawk explained in her comment:
1. Naked tweakers fighting
2.10 camps full of trash and debris
3. Hardcore addicts, felons, etc.
4. Beach is a massive hazard to the public.
5. Not patrolled unless people call something in
6. These beach dwellers have free reign to do as they want

Hating someone for being homeless? Well, er....no, no and no. Let's start with the six items in the list above, and then we can talk.

ZeroHawk Oct 05, 2022 09:01 AM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

This stretch of beach, we call Angel's beach. From the Clark estate fence line from East beach, all the way to the end of Butterfly beach is SB county property. Not City. Hence the sheriff deputies there and not the City PD.
I fish this beach frequently with my malinois and my kids and have called in numerous reports of naked tweakers fighting, about 10 camps full of trash and debris. These are not folks that are just down on their luck and homeless. These are hardcore adicts, felons, etc. I have chatted with a few friends at the SBSD and they confirmed that beach is a massive hazard to the public. It's not patrolled unless people call something in, so these folks have free reign to do as they want.
Yeah nothing like casting out my line and look over my shoulder to see my kids pointing at two naked dudes fighting and my malinois stalking them about to attack. Good times indeed!

edney Oct 07, 2022 05:11 PM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

ZH
900 is the block that is bracketed by SB Cemetery property
SB Cemetery owns both sides of Channel Drive from Cabrillo to Monte Cristo and the side that adjoins the Southern Pacific RR gets quite a bit of homeless activity.
I was fishing for a bite by referring to looking at the permanent residents of the 900 block for the perpetrator because they are all dead

bicyclist Oct 06, 2022 03:55 PM
Detectives Investigating Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Montecito

Zero - I understand you have issues with persons on the "Beach", problem here is that this incident occured between the 101 & Channel Drive. JP has a video that you can clearly see that this was not on the Beach.
have a great day!