By an edhat reader

Ok parents, I'm looking for your favorite parks on the South Coast to take little kids.

Which parks do you like most, and why? Looking to keep our little ones entertained by testing out all the parks. Thanks in advance.

Alexblue Sep 23, 2022 03:47 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Kids' World is great. It is a wonderful climbing structure and you don't get sketchy types in the play area as it is so well attended.

Basicinfo805 Sep 23, 2022 04:32 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Big thumbs down on Rocky Nook - it’s been taken over. Total shame, don’t get me started. I’ll leave it at that.

OGSB Sep 23, 2022 06:33 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Basic- 100% don't take your kids there! I stopped there between appointments to eat my Tino's and was shocked. I ended up leaving.

OGSB Sep 23, 2022 06:47 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Rather not have to be on alert while eating. Just me being weird. The group smoking meth was the least sketchy bunch. Feel free to get your kids some real-life education though MARCELK,

OGSB Sep 23, 2022 06:42 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

So good news... ED now has more posted comments than deleted!!! The bad news is that we need better mental health reform based on all those comments. (not really news)

OP- Most parks have been redone and are pretty nice. I think it would be fun to take the kids to all of them! DTSB parks are defiantly a bit sketchy, but you can scope it out and decide for yourself. We are very lucky to live in such a beautiful place. It's important to go out and both enjoy it and realize it. Have fun!

Basicinfo805 Sep 23, 2022 07:45 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Really? I personally answered the original posters question with honest facts based upon raising my own family here in SB. And 0737 calls me out for adding nothing to the conversation. Sure. Ever heard of implicit bias (think prejudice)?

OGSB Sep 23, 2022 07:58 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Basic- That's all they know... You have to let it go for your own sanity. Programmed sheep.

NostraChumash Sep 23, 2022 08:36 PM

HEADLINE;
Innocent question re: children's playground, turns into bench-clearing
Parental brawl..

bicyclist Sep 23, 2022 09:03 PM

Nailed it!
Guess it was a "slow day"... Probably because ED forgot to post the LAUNCH (counting down less than 17 hours!):

a-1663992324 Sep 23, 2022 09:05 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

I agree! It was sad and disheartening to read all the negative comments.

I think Santa Barbara parks are wonderful, whether you are taking a walk, having a picnic, walking your dog, hanging out with your children, grandchildren or parents.

When my grandchildren visit we enjoy parks with a playground. The park across from Alice Keck is the one I would recommend most highly.

When we had the carousel, that park was the best for kids!

a-1663992519 Sep 23, 2022 09:08 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Meant to say Kids World, couldn’t think of the name!

macpuzl Sep 23, 2022 09:42 PM
Favorite Park for Kids?

Launch time: 2153 GMT ( 2:53 p.m. PDT)
Launch site: SLC-6, Vandenberg SFB

Check live coverage on spaceflightnow.com

bicyclist Sep 24, 2022 07:09 AM
Favorite Park for Kids?

macpuzl / Chuck - thanks, I keep forgetting that site. Well that & responding to my dig for not posting it. I was just following along yesterday, the antics were getting so out-there, I wanted to add "Sunflower Park", but wasn't sure if it was "appropriate" so instead attempted to add info that seemed to be missing (hence the launch).

Pages