Fish Assistance Cartoon

By C.B.

Gimli Aug 13, 2022 09:21 AM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

Anti live bait for fishing cartoon???? For SB, I can see that.

Olde Mann Aug 12, 2022 08:50 PM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

I do think it's funny, but I don't consider $23 / hour low pay. If they're doing valet, they could just work for tips. On the other hand, I've they gave out parking tickets, it could bring in revenue.

Basicinfo805 Aug 12, 2022 05:20 PM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

Awesome cartoon, super funny! (Go ahead, downvote me I dare ya!)

doulie Aug 13, 2022 07:13 AM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

BASIC - I won't hit the keyboard to land on an arrow that downvotes you, I'll just write you directly. I don't think this "cartoon" is either "awesome [or] funny."

a-1660330629 Aug 12, 2022 11:57 AM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

I really don't get it. Is the cartoon an attempt to criticize the SB County decision to hire two Hot Springs Trail assistants? (These are low paid part time jobs that are intended to sort out the parking and related problems at that site I think.) The county does provide interaction/facility support to people who fish, especially at Cachuma Lake. Is this about that? Or is it just a gratuitous trope to the effect that government is over staffed? If so it is a weak effort and smells a little fishy.

a-1660339775 Aug 12, 2022 02:29 PM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

PSTAR: 1. According the Edhat story on this the positions of Hot Springs Guides will be "non-permanent ...established on a temporary basis to meet peak loads, unusual work situations, seasonal and recurrent work, intermittent assignments, or emergencies. It pays $23.00 - $25.00 per hour." So it doesn't seem all that lucrative. 2. If we are to "all discuss" something we need to have a common idea of what it is we are discussing. "Hiking and Fishing Assistants" do not exist as far as we know. Can't see the connection.

Chevy67 Aug 12, 2022 12:26 PM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

It's funny, but hey humor isn't for everyone.
Enjoy the timeliness aspect. Edhatters complain about trail assistants, boom, cartoon about it.

Notthatbad Aug 12, 2022 12:18 PM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

I don’t get why we can’t just enjoy someone in our community making a cartoon about issues we all discuss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pstarSR Aug 12, 2022 12:04 PM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

you "dont get it" yet cited the EXACT inspiration. but "low paid"? you might have gotten that part confused.

chico berkeley Aug 12, 2022 10:00 AM
Fish Assistance Cartoon

Says bureaucrats who don't fish, to someone obviously using the right "bait" already.