Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

By an edhat reader

Hi everyone and Mr. Hat! I have my two favorite local restaurants to take out of town friends and relatives but I feel like I need to expand my horizons a bit. My favorites are Opal and Jane for reference.

I'm curious, what nicer'ish eateries does everyone consistently take their visitors to? Thanks in advance.

jimbo212 Aug 12, 2022 02:33 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Kinda pricey, but The Lark is always good. And you can hit up a wine tasting room beforehand and afterwards take a walk out the pier. Really makes out of town guests jealous.

Babycakes Aug 12, 2022 02:36 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Here are a few levels to consider:
- $ is not an issue: Stonehouse (at San Ysidro Ranch)
- $ is of minor concern: Cold Spring Tavern (dinner Fri & Sat only)
- When you want to keep the $ down a bit: Brophy Bros. or Boat House
- Budget: Chicken Ranch Family Platter w/additional lb. of tri-tip

Mesagal Aug 12, 2022 03:11 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Stella Mare's has been our go-to for years. My parents are very finicky and they love it, as do we. The food is very good, setting lovely, and service is always stellar.

OGSB Aug 12, 2022 03:20 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Toma and The Lark. I love Chuck's, but it may be more of a nostalgia thing for me.

a-1660347262 Aug 12, 2022 04:34 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

My go-to's are the pizzerias of Olio e Limone and Ca'Dario, Trattoria Vittoria, Same Sama, and Cafe Stella

sbres Aug 12, 2022 04:46 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

La Paloma - great patio, great food, great drinks
The Lark is great but up there in price point.
Can't beat the view at the Boathouse and the and for great shellfish with a view the Santa Barbara Shellfish Co

Basicinfo805 Aug 12, 2022 05:22 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Chuck’s was good County Public Health (see related article here on Edhat…) forced them to shut down the salad bar, which was absurd.

SBArts Aug 12, 2022 05:37 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Playa Azul is fabulous. Great happy hour and they actually put tequila in their margaritas!

sbsweetpea Aug 12, 2022 07:24 PM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Zaytoon has the loveliest outdoor patio in town. Yummy middle eastern food.

Gimli Aug 13, 2022 09:17 AM
Favorite Go-To Restaurant?

Dargan's Irish Pub & Restaurant, the Benchmark, Arnoldi's Italian Restaurant and Pascucci's Italian Restaurant are my favorites.