by an Edhat reader

Does anyone know why first responders were at the stage coach bridge yesterday morning?

sbloc93111 Aug 10, 2022 01:33 PM
Stagecoach Work?

Unfortunately someone took their life.

BobScan Aug 10, 2022 02:38 PM
Stagecoach Work?

Around what time was this? I must have missed it. Tho I wouldn't have reported to ed, I feel its a bit inappropriate to post things like that. RIP dear soul.

~Bob on the Scanner

doulie Aug 10, 2022 09:00 PM
Stagecoach Work?

Bob - I don't believe it's not inappropriate to report about an incident of this type as long as ID of the person(s) is not listed.

abean805 Aug 10, 2022 02:57 PM
Stagecoach Work?

It was early in the morning

Davidb Aug 10, 2022 05:42 PM
Stagecoach Work?

Around 8 to 8:30. I heard some scanner traffic but wasn't sure what was going on. Shortly afterward I spoke to a Responder who was there - and he confirmed the report of a jumper.

el_smurfo Aug 10, 2022 04:50 PM
Stagecoach Work?

Crossing that bridge last weekend, both my wife and I remarked on how easy it would be to go around the barrier. Why do we put up with such an unsightly mess while allowing parking areas on both ends, with easy access to climb the outside of the barrier all the way?

Zack wagner12 Aug 10, 2022 09:59 PM
Stagecoach Work?

Yes it was sad to say.. that was a really good friend/mentor of mine that jumped

100572P Aug 11, 2022 07:52 AM
Stagecoach Work?

yes, he was my friend too. I loved him and will miss him VERY much.

a-1660237806 Aug 11, 2022 10:10 AM
Stagecoach Work?

Condolences on the loss of your friend & mentor

patrick Aug 15, 2022 09:25 AM
Stagecoach Work?

I just received word this morning about this. So tragic and such a profound loss. I am shocked and saddened.

Luvaduck Aug 11, 2022 10:37 AM
Stagecoach Work?

This response isn't specific to this person but may be relevant:

Suicides sometimes have a very good reason. An example would be if diagnosed with some fatal disease that causes such bad pain for months that you'd have to be put in a coma. Even if a person held on as long as possible, if the beginning-of-the-end was becoming too painful to want it to traumatize family and friends, taking it into your own hands might be the last gift you felt you could give them.

Lucky 777 Aug 11, 2022 12:10 PM
Stagecoach Work?

We all have had our view impeded and as a suicide prevention barrier the fence is ineffective, many jumpers just park on the middle of the bridge, climb up on their car roof, and do a short climb of the chain link. Forgiveness to those who are driven to this way out by pain, or as LUVADUCK succinctly points out, the desire to terminate an inevitable decline. Horror for those who have to gather up the splatted remains in the canyon below. Who DOESN'T call it Suicide Bridge?