Fiesta Rodeo 2022

Reads 2064

Photos by Fritz Olenberger

Fritz Olenberger shares photos of the annual Fiesta Stock Horse Show and Rodeo at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. Scroll through the photos up top and below

Lucky 777 Aug 10, 2022 12:13 PM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

Great photos. I only wish I knew if some of the bucking horses were from our own home-grown herd that lives out by Lake Cachuma. They look so placid standing around in the shade, but this is their chance to get crazy!

Babycakes Aug 10, 2022 11:48 AM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

Our Fiesta Rodeo is an excellent place to teach young and old alike how to treat animals respectfully and with dignity. There are a few who think exactly the opposite, to which I say they have every right to believe and express. One of my previous co-workers was one of those folks who used to stand outside Earl Warren with anti-rodeo protest signs, but then she'd go home to her captive cats and dog and think nothing of it. God bless the ranchers and those who keep livestock healthy and safe. A prize bull can be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars (Feb 2020: Schaff Angus Valley ranch sold 'SAV America' for a staggering $1.51 million."). So, go ahead, eat your carrots and peas, but let me and others eat beef-beef-beeeeeef. I don't know how anyone can think a plate of perfectly cooked steak is a "bad" thing, but believe we are better off have a perfectly cooked plate of cabbage.

szq Aug 10, 2022 11:24 AM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

BigUgly Do you eat beef or wear leather? Just curious because a rodeo is a showing of all the skills it takes to run the beef industry. I am a rancher. We treat animals with incredible care. These rodeo animals live the best, most well-cared for lives of any animals in the world. They are fed and vet checked and loved. I respect your opinion and you have a right to it but please know that that a rodeo is not some gladiator torture games on animals. It is the Vaquero skills that developed here in Alta Califonia at the height of the cattle history right here.

biguglystick Aug 10, 2022 09:30 AM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

WHEN are people going to EVOLVE and stop using and exploiting animals as entertainment? These photos are not "wonderful" they show animals in distress. Animals are sentient feeling beings. Rodeos are cruel. Just awful.

Voice of Reason Aug 10, 2022 11:20 AM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

I'm going to assume you're a vegetarian then BigUgly?

a-1660094823 Aug 09, 2022 06:27 PM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

I went to the rodeo this year, but I would not go again. The music and announcements were so loud, my boyfriend and I had to shout in each others' ears to communicate. Moreover, it cost $20! to park at Earl Warren.

szq Aug 10, 2022 11:26 AM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

How about the $19 hot dogs! How does a family attend and feed their kids at this event anymore....?

biguglystick Aug 10, 2022 09:30 AM
Fiesta Rodeo 2022

Not to mention that animal cruelty should not be entertainment.