Tupelo Junction Closed?

By an edhat reader

I know I'm late to the party on this, but with the fires and mudslides, I just now noticed that Tupelo Junction on State Street has closed! Does anyone know why? And when they closed? Was there an announcement?

blazer Mar 14, 2018 04:13 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

Too bad, they were around a long time. I always wished they had sweet tea. The last 3 months has been brutal on all the local restaurants. Do what you can SB to support your favorite places, as Cary Grant said once, "My Mother and several bartender rely on me for support".

bradleybennett Mar 14, 2018 09:50 AM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

For what it's worth, I was a supplier to Tupelo Junction for many years. They always paid for their goods on the spot, so when they left, they did not leave me with any debt. I know she liked to pay many vendors this way so I suspect she left fewer people hanging that you might think, or than other people have speculated in this thread. They were a great customer and I, for one, will miss them and their business. In correction to comments above, the owner was a long time resident of Santa Barbara and ran this restaurant here for many years. She did move out of town in the most recent years, but I still considered this a local establishment given it's long track record here. Farewell Tupelo!

a-1545227452 Mar 13, 2018 07:29 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

Wasn't impressed with the food or service and to do that to employees is pretty disgusting!

millimesa Mar 13, 2018 05:24 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

I recall Ms. owner never actually lived in Santa Barbara. Seems appropriate she decided to take her business where she resides.

Potif Mar 13, 2018 07:21 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

But, not giving employees notice!? That would be inconsiderate, to say the least. Hope she paid the employees, and the other bills... at least.

Ryan93105 Mar 13, 2018 03:52 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

I know its far, but if you really liked it, and you're headed that one, there's one in Orange County. I can commiserate, as I have to go all the way to LA to get my Palazzio's fix at a former sister restaurant that still keeps the same menu.

a-1545227452 Mar 13, 2018 03:50 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

She moved the restaurant to Newport Beach where she now resides.

a-1545227452 Mar 13, 2018 03:47 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

The Restaurant Guy, John Dickson, wrote on Nov 13, 2017: "Tupelo Junction Cafe at 1218 State Street sold their liquor license recently. I called them to get the details and was told by a representative that they will continue be open as usual and will switch to just beer and wine in the near future. Two days later the restaurant closed, the windows were papered over, and their phone number was disconnected. No explanation was posted outside the business and their web site has not been updated to reflect current events. They have been closed ever since."

REX OF SB Mar 13, 2018 05:53 PM
Tupelo Junction Closed?

According to one of several comments in John Dickson's Nov. 27, 2017 article, "Tupelo Junction took off without giving employees any advance notice and didn’t pay their bills and have outstanding local debts. Add to that, they told locals that they planned to stay, then 2 days later closed permanently without so much as a note on the door explaining what is going on."