Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive title=

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy

Vehicle accident on Cliff Drive near SBCC, a vehicle rollover.

Photos and report by George Duarte

A pickup truck going uphill flips over after going across both lanes and sidewalk, hitting a stone wall.

Channelfog Mar 14, 2018 05:32 PM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

"Leave 20 minutes earlier"; yes, this is now REQUIRED as it now takes stupid time in traffic to get anywhere, at any time of day. If your schedule does not afford that extra time, do not endanger everyone else on the road, Move elsewhere! There is no room for more roads, no more water, and yet the building continues at break-neck speed, compromising the very quality of life that Santa Barbara purports to (actually used to) afford all of us. SB was (emphasis) great, I was sure that I would leave SB "toes up", but when a trip from the Mesa to Milpas regularly required 20+ minutes, I gave up, after 37 years living there. For the wealthy of an urban inclination, I do not doubt that it is still a great place. Not so much for the middle class seeking a mellow existence of minimal stress. We now endure little traffic and no crowding in a similar, though wetter, climate. It is like stepping back 50+ years in time (picture East Anapamu street as a dirt road) but with fast internet. We had to exchange Latitude 34ºN for 34ºS to accomplish this, but we are glad we did. The down side of our choice is being so far from friends and family, but thanks to the internet and jets our connections are not severed as such a move might have caused decades ago. Do what you must so that you can slow down and live to enjoy life without endangering yourselves or anyone else.

a-1529272951 Mar 14, 2018 01:14 PM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

Santa Barbara TAHOE: You have my complete sympathy for your unleisurely, stressful life. That said, there's no excuse for speeding, especially around town. Slow the heck down everyone.

TheTek Mar 14, 2018 10:13 AM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

Driver was taken to Cottage Hospital with minor injuries. http://www.keyt.com/traffic/rollover-crash-in-santa-barbara-sends-driver-to-the-hospital/716008378

bookman Mar 14, 2018 09:56 AM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

This "kid" is a 31-year-old working guy who lost control of his vehicle on the slick roadway. He suffered a concussion and a broken elbow (ouch!!!) and I'm sure he's glad it wasn't worse. Be careful -- and slow down -- in this rainy weather.

TheTek Mar 14, 2018 09:41 AM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

It was going up hill. I was there, the skid marks are going uphill and the truck flipped and rotated to its final location. Any updates on the condition of the driver??

Channelfog Mar 14, 2018 01:07 AM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

Was it really going uphill? Looks like it was traveling downhill to me. Definitely time to slow down. The economic pressures of living in SB are causing folks to work too much, drive too fast and be generally stressed. To think that we used to complain about having to wait at the traffic lights on 101. At least there were usually some nice beach bodies to look at while waiting! ;-)

tomtech Mar 14, 2018 07:59 AM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

The economic pressures are definitely detracting from the civility we once enjoyed here :(

a-1529272951 Mar 14, 2018 07:51 AM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

It certainly appears like it was heading up the hill, which is why the curb is bashed in on the side of the road if you were to end up in that location after spinning out and flipping over. Thank goodness they did not strike another vehicle!

TheTek Mar 13, 2018 08:34 PM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

Dont forget your seatbelts, sounds like this kid was partially ejected, there were no sirens or lights when the ambulance left.

420722 Mar 13, 2018 05:44 PM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

I agree Roger. I think Sb has become way too aggressive in almost all aspects yet still trying to pretend to be that sleepy laid back town that we (the locals) used to know and love. Slow down people, enjoy your drive...relax :) leave 20 minutes earlier..breathe!

420722 Mar 14, 2018 02:09 PM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

Hahahaha. What the hell is leisure. I have 3 jobs and kids and lots of appointments in Goleta and Santa Barbara. I’m not a 40 year old retired trust fund baby like the lot of them in SB. So your excuse is pretty pathetic to me since I’m just as busy as you. It can be done.

SB_TAHOE Mar 14, 2018 08:59 AM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

"Leave 20 minutes earlier". Some of us have jobs, children, appointments and are unable to leave 20 minutes earlier and enjoy the drive. I have no idea who was driving this truck or where they were going but here's a hypothetical scenario: they both work and go to school. Class begins 1 hour after their shift ends, they have to drive to SBCC from Goleta, find a parking spot, walk to class, etc. Not all of us that live in this area are retired or wealthy. If I only have an hour for lunch and have to eat plus go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription that I can't pick up after work since I have to collect my kid from daycare on time, I can't leave 20 minutes earlier and enjoy the drive. Please please people try to understand that not all of us live a life of leisure.

Roger Mar 13, 2018 05:25 PM
Vehicle Rollover on Cliff Drive

Vehicle is on the hill behind the Ladera Apartments Full SB City Fire department response.