Fire in Montecito? title=

By Edhat readers

• Is there a house fire in Montecito? We’re seeing black smoke.
  • Smoke seen from the Zoo, what’s up?
  • Black smoke seen from the zoo around 1:15 today

Flicka Feb 19, 2018 08:52 AM
Fire in Montecito?

I think what this post does is answer the question many may have who were in the area and noticed the smoke, maybe just driving by on the freeway. People are curious and it doesn't matter how long after the fact the answer shows up here.

Flicka Feb 18, 2018 09:23 AM
Fire in Montecito?

So easy to be a critic for a good old ego boost, "I'm smarter than you." Feel good?

ladylagomorph Feb 18, 2018 08:26 AM
Fire in Montecito?

I think it was a good post. Very interesting to those of us who don't live in that area. The truck fire was indeed *news* I was interested in. If we don't stop being snide or snippy Edhat may remove our ability to post remarks like Noozhawk did. Be nice, people!

a-1529271846 Feb 17, 2018 09:43 PM
Fire in Montecito?

This is a great example of how useful Edhat is to our community.

Roger Feb 18, 2018 08:09 PM
Fire in Montecito?

Either is anonymous attacks on the internet oh brave one I bet your skin is much thinner than mine.

a-1529271846 Feb 18, 2018 07:13 PM
Fire in Montecito?

Thicker skin is a requirement for being online! "They were mean to me" has no effect.

a-1529271846 Feb 18, 2018 07:11 PM
Fire in Montecito?

Welcome to the standard MO here. :-)

Roger Feb 18, 2018 01:20 PM
Fire in Montecito?

I was trying to explain GOSH How come all my posts got deleted? If you don't like me don't ask by the way does anyone have any chill pills I seem to have run out.

Roger Feb 18, 2018 03:56 PM
Fire in Montecito?

Maybe it was because at least one mean comment was directed at me I don't need a chill pill.

a-1529271846 Feb 18, 2018 11:23 AM
Fire in Montecito?

I'll bet they handled the fire themselves . No 911 call.

a-1529271846 Feb 18, 2018 11:11 AM
Fire in Montecito?

Roger, why are you assuming the post was directed at you? I wasn't referring to you at all, I totally realize you can't sit there all day. I was referring to the fact that the post showed up on Edhat well after the event. For those who were seeing smoke, not helpful at that point, 3-4 hours later. So take a chill pill. What's the point of posting it hours later? Might as well not bother, just make it a news story once it's all resolved.

a-1529271846 Feb 18, 2018 11:11 AM

a-1529271846 Feb 18, 2018 08:52 AM

2109 should try posting live from the scanner just once. lol

Roger Feb 18, 2018 07:49 AM
Fire in Montecito?

Maybe you should buy a scanner then.

Roger Feb 18, 2018 09:19 AM
Fire in Montecito?

Personally when I see smoke I call 911 obviously there was a fire. I don't go to my favorite source rightaway to check and see if he has posted a fire. He in fact is better than me, I checked his sheet and there was nothing there. I checked it over and over and over again nothing...I checked other news sources nothing the only time I had the scanner off yesterday was to use the bathroom and take out the garbage EXCUSE me for not being PERFECT my family had the same expectations...

a-1529271846 Feb 18, 2018 07:41 AM
Fire in Montecito?

Helpful? This was posted literally 3 hours after it happened. Not useful at all!!! We had it figured out long after PRINTNERD's post. Which was posted at almost 8 pm, 8 hours after the event.

Printnerd Feb 17, 2018 07:47 PM
Fire in Montecito?

Construction truck fire on Hermosillo, We live around the corner and called our neighbors after we saw the fire dept when we drive past at 2:30.

Roger Feb 18, 2018 06:38 AM
Fire in Montecito?

Thank You for the information I don't catch everything sometimes I go to the bathroom or take out the trash I should be allowed to do those things without taking the scanner with me.

Roger Feb 17, 2018 04:31 PM
Fire in Montecito?

I haven't heard anything did you call it in?